The Basshead Club
Jan 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #4,606 of 11,286
I've said it before, headphones when out of the house are like glasses on your face, hat on your head, scarf, whatever - it's a head accessory. It has to at least lean a little bit towards looking decent with your general style.
In the house is entirely different. I walk around in pajamas and don't give two hoots how my hair or beard looks, so I wouldn't care how my headphones look either, but if I'm making this part of what I'm wearing out in the public, it has to have some semblance of your style in tact.

I think transplanting high quality drivers into Hello Kitty cans, though would be fun/ny, but the housing has a lot to do with the sound too :wink: I don't think M-100 drivers would purr in the Hello Kitty housing haha. Who knows, it might be some miracle of an improvement. I still wouldn't wear them out of the house haha

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4,607 of 11,286
I've said it before, headphones when out of the house are like glasses on your face, hat on your head, scarf, whatever - it's a head accessory. It has to at least lean a little bit towards looking decent with your general style.
In the house is entirely different. I walk around in pajamas and don't give two hoots how my hair or beard looks, so I wouldn't care how my headphones look either, but if I'm making this part of what I'm wearing out in the public, it has to have some semblance of your style in tact.

I think transplanting high quality drivers into Hello Kitty cans, though would be fun/ny, but the housing has a lot to do with the sound too :wink: I don't think M-100 drivers would purr in the Hello Kitty housing haha. Who knows, it might be some miracle of an improvement. I still wouldn't wear them out of the house haha

true

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #4,608 of 11,286
I never said the M-100 isn't stylish enough to wear outside. I do it regularly myself. I guess I should have said I wouldn't wear the HelloKitty M-100 driver transplant, even if the housing DID make improvements to the M-100 drivers. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #4,612 of 11,286
Quote:
I never said the M-100 isn't stylish enough to wear outside. I do it regularly myself. I guess I should have said I wouldn't wear the HelloKitty M-100 driver transplant, even if the housing DID make improvements to the M-100 drivers. 

Any V-MODA can is stylish enough to be worn outside. 
cool.gif
 The Hello Kitties, however, leave a lot to be desired in terms of style. But who knows, different strokes for different folks. Just ask our buddy Trae. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
İ've got Ultrasone Pro900 and this things got no sub-bass IMO. I use that with ipod video and touch. Is it about amping or character of this headphone ?

They have decent sub-bass that will show up if you amp them well. Like SoundFreaq said, they are famous for their mid-bass punch. Are you amping your PRO 900s?

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #4,613 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey Malevolent, how do your XB1000s compare to the Pro700MKII? 

I'm going to have to give them a head-to-head later for that, but off hand, I think the XB1000 has similar quantity in mid-bass, and noticeably greater sub-bass rumble. The PRO700MK2 is also darker in tonality than the XB1000, which is already dark, as per the XB-line.

Both benefit greatly from amping, and will scale well with EQs and bass boost amps (e.g. ZO2.3, E11).

Anyway, I'll be sure to give them a listen later (haven't heard the XB1000 in sometime, tbh), and will provide you with more impressions.

Btw, are you looking to get the XB1000 too? 
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #4,614 of 11,286
Quote:

Any V-MODA can is stylish enough to be worn outside. 
cool.gif
 The Hello Kitties, however, leave a lot to be desired in terms of style. But who knows, different strokes for different folks. Just ask our buddy Trae. 
biggrin.gif

They have decent sub-bass that will show up if you amp them well. Like SoundFreaq said, they are famous for their mid-bass punch. Are you amping your PRO 900s?

No. But im thinking about that. Maybe e11 or 2stepdance ?

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #4,615 of 11,286
Yeah. I've been on and off on the XB1ks for a while now, and I might as well take the plunge before they're all gone. I just gotta wait until my monies are situated. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #4,616 of 11,286
Quote:
No. But im thinking about that. Maybe e11 or 2stepdance ?

I have an E11, and the PRO 900 pairs well with it. Bass quantity is increased, especially in mid-bass. General sound quality doesn't suffer, but you're still going to need to EQ the PRO 900 to get the mid-range to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back