The Basshead Club
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #4,397 of 11,286
Quote:
I believe the DN-HP1000 is the same as the Pro700MKII Anv. Both have the same driver size and power ratings too. Here's some pictures comparing the two.

I also thought this was pretty funny. Can't post on here for various reasons. 

Edit: Maybe they use the regular Pro700 drivers. Can't really tell. 

Yeah, I believe the HP1000 is the same can as the AT PRO700 (MK1). I've never heard either, so I'm really unsure here. I'm going out with just reviews at the moment.

And bro, thanks for the link. Now I've got something else to pass my time with. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Get the DJ1s. Better sounding cans. The HP1000 are not only heavy but the sound is not what you think. They aren't that great to be honest. Denon HP700 is a better sounding can. I would still go for the Ultrasones..

I have the HFI 580s, and I agree that they are a really solid can.

I'm looking at the DJ1 PROs, though. These are supposed to be the same as the PRO 550, right?

HP700 sounds better than HP1000? That's quite a disappointment. How is the HP1000 in bass presentation? Is it punchy, and tight? Is the quantity greater than that on the HP700? Thanks, bro. 
smile.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #4,398 of 11,286
Quote:

XB800 have the same sound as X10 now for 130€ \ $150 (not sure about current US pricing) or so. :p X-10 has a different colorscheme and comes with a carrying pouch and removable cable and is endorsed by X-Factor / "Simon Cowell" but that's it, same drivers appearently and costs twice as much. Appearently these are the new king of quantity & "punch"-impact in bass, said to be even stronger in midbass (why they punch so hard) especially versus XB500 and similar subbass quantities. 

Soundstage is said to be very suprisingly great but the bass is too much unless you try to mod it or whatever if you're not an extreme basshead. Another good thing that Sony probably listened as far as older XB series criticism as these appear to isolate well from outside noise despite having those big bass vents down below, probably it's well isolated for the listener and and those vents are just opened for the driver (so it still probably leaks a bit but yea for me leakage isn't an issue but outside noise isolation is quite important for my home listening to shut off computer fans)

Although I'm quite skeptical that the XB800/900 is at least as bassy as the XB500, I'm sure it's certainly one of the bassier cans out there. Are you going to get one, RPG? You're definitely one of the biggest bassheads around, so if the XB800/900 is good for you, I'm definitely sold. 
L3000.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #4,399 of 11,286
Anybody have a comparison on the Noontec Zoro and the JVC-HAS500, like unbiased. I recently got my Noontecs stolen, I had fallen in love to :frowning2: . but they both cost the same and I was about to rebuy the Noontec ..

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #4,402 of 11,286
Quote:

XB800 have the same sound as X10 now for 130€ \ $150 (not sure about current US pricing) or so. :p X-10 has a different colorscheme and comes with a carrying pouch and removable cable and is endorsed by X-Factor / "Simon Cowell" but that's it, same drivers appearently and costs twice as much. Appearently these are the new king of quantity & "punch"-impact in bass, said to be even stronger in midbass (why they punch so hard) especially versus XB500 and similar subbass quantities. 

Soundstage is said to be very suprisingly great but the bass is too much unless you try to mod it or whatever if you're not an extreme basshead. Another good thing that Sony probably listened as far as older XB series criticism as these appear to isolate well from outside noise despite having those big bass vents down below, probably it's well isolated for the listener and and those vents are just opened for the driver (so it still probably leaks a bit but yea for me leakage isn't an issue but outside noise isolation is quite important for my home listening to shut off computer fans)

Yeah, I would get the XB800s, but I would have to transplant the drivers into an enclosure that supports 50mm drivers before I even listened to it. I absolutely hate their new enclosures. I just can't help but think that some of the sound is being absorbed by the earpads, thus giving the listener a veiled listening experience. Plus, the X10s that are being auditioned at best buy, the earpad material is flaking up from so much use. So, the longevity of the earpads aren't all that great either. 

Maybe a good idea would be to get the XB800 and the XB700, and transplant the 800's drivers in the 700 enclosure. Too bad the price on the XB700 on Amazon is $250 now. They used to be around $80.

EDIT: Bought the XB700 for $50 on ebay. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #4,404 of 11,286
The person I got them from is selling them in California. They may be legit, but I'm mainly buying the headphones for the earpads. So, if the drivers are some chinese ripoffs, I could care less. They're going to sound worse than my modified AD900s anyways, legit or not. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #4,405 of 11,286
Quote:

Although I'm quite skeptical that the XB800/900 is at least as bassy as the XB500, I'm sure it's certainly one of the bassier cans out there. Are you going to get one, RPG? You're definitely one of the biggest bassheads around, so if the XB800/900 is good for you, I'm definitely sold. 
L3000.gif

I'm not that big basshead anymore, probably they would be too bassy for my needs. M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 still keeps me perfectly happy, don't need any more bass than this. I'm mastering a lot of hardstyle music these days and Q40 delivers both the quantity and quality needed for it.

Instead I'm more interested in going for a PSB M4U 1 if they would just be more readily available in europe.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #4,406 of 11,286
Quote:

I'm not that big basshead anymore, probably they would be too bassy for my needs. M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 still keeps me perfectly happy, don't need any more bass than this. I'm mastering a lot of hardstyle music these days and Q40 delivers both the quantity and quality needed for it.

Instead I'm more interested in going for a PSB M4U 1 if they would just be more readily available in europe.

In that case, you may find this upcoming release interesting....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646735/nad-viso-hp50-another-superb-headphone-from-paul-barton#post_9066175

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4,408 of 11,286
How does the Cmoy BassBoost version compare to the ZO2? Would pairing a Fiio E11 and a Cmoy give good sound an amazing bass?
The ZO2.3 is perfect for that, while the Cmoy would provide a much less pronounced effect, and would most likely sound muddier, as it's not the design of the amplifier itself. :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #4,409 of 11,286

I think it's only ZO that somehow works fine double-amped, it has to be a more proprietary/different kind of approach than typical amps is my guess.

Quote:

Wow these sounds promissing for me. :D I would just hope it was M4U-1 driver and same tuning (of course different casing will still provide slightly different result though) with just upped bass of say 2-3dB or so then I'd think it might be just perfect.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #4,410 of 11,286
Quote:

Hey, speaking of Hardstyle, is this your channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/EuphoricHardStyleZ? I've found some nice hardstyle tracks via that channel.

For me, my favorite combo for EDM is still E11 + HFI 580. Although I'm not a fan of hot treble, the Ultrasone cans really do deliver a bit of the top-end sparkle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back