The Basshead Club
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4,186 of 11,286
It is just making me question the quality of the XB800. If the XB800's really blew your more expensive phones (and speakers) out of the water in bass, transparency, clarity and everything else with a simple mod I doubt that you would be so eager to sell them and move on to something else. It just seems fishy
+1

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #4,187 of 11,286
Quote:
It is just making me question the quality of the XB800. If the XB800's really blew your more expensive phones (and speakers) out of the water in bass, transparency, clarity and everything else with a simple mod I doubt that you would be so eager to sell them and move on to something else. It just seems fishy

Dude, whats the part that you didn't understand that I need the money urgently so I'm forced to sell my favourite headphone?!

And his mod is FAR from being simple, dude. I guarantee nobody can replicate this unless you work with acunpucture nedles and I still seriously doubt it
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #4,188 of 11,286
Well, actually and after A/B'ing both extensively, the modded XB800 are sounding better than the JVC FXZ200. I have raised the price of the XB800 for 150€
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #4,189 of 11,286
Quote:
Well, actually and after A/B'ing both extensively, the modded XB800 are sounding better than the JVC FXZ200. For sale for 150€ - LIMITED EDITION modded by a reputated Music Producer in Europe
wink.gif

A very confusing comparison with IEMs vs. circumaural...so you are saying the FXZ200 isn't "all that"?

I never heard an XB I wanted to own.  The Simon Cowell version is "dreadful, absolutely dreadful".

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #4,190 of 11,286
My mod does wonders Craigster, trust me. It's not the same headphone. Yes, they outperform the FXZ200 at this moment and no, the FXZ200 are awesome.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #4,191 of 11,286
Quote:
Well, actually and after A/B'ing both extensively, the modded XB800 are sounding better than the JVC FXZ200. For sale for 150€ - LIMITED EDITION modded by a reputated Music Producer in Europe
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4,192 of 11,286
Quote:
Crossfade LP= Fart cannon designed for portable devices, thus more bass quantity unamped. Not much audio fidelity though, and they're pretty reminiscent of the xb500s. Well, at least that's what I've read. 

Pros= Great quality headphones that need an amp to get the bass out, but they have very durable drivers that are able to withstand a crapload of eq without distorting and frequency bleeding.I'm guessing here, but they're probably on the level of the M-100 when amped properly and with better earpads on (both on quality and quantity). 

LPs sound like they have pretty good sub-bass, but I dont have a comparison really. I tune the midbass down a bit, but its not overwhelming.

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #4,193 of 11,286
miow, we're not trying to disbelieve everything that you've said about these headphones, but it just seems to good to be true. I'm finding it hard to believe that some needles can flip out a headphone that reportedly sounds worse than the xb700 stock. You just need to give us some more details on you mod instead of saying that it's nearly impossible for someone else to replicate it unless their in acupuncture. Personally, it just seems too one-sided, but then again, it's hard for me to trust anyone without witnessing it for myself.

Also, can you give more details on the sound characteristics between the the XB800s and the FXZ200? Just saying that it sounds better is way too general and subjective a statement to warrant anything for us.

There's no need to get on the defensive, although I can see why you are. We just want some more information, that's all 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back