The Basshead Club
Jan 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #4,126 of 11,286
Quote:
With the XB500s half the price, I don't know what to get!!!
frown.gif

I suggest you buy the xb800s, as i break them in the better the bass becomes. They are much more punchier than the xb500s, and now after using the xb800s for 3 weeks, it makes it feel like there isnt even bass on the xb500s! On top of that the xb800s got me to realize that the xb500s are so muffled. I highly suggest you save up and get the xb800s and i promise you that you wont be disappointed lol. And they also fold up and swivel, so they are perfect for travel. The xb800s also have a very good seal, i live in New York City and i take them to school everyday and i have no problem using them in the subway, in the streets. I am currently using the headphones straight out of an ipod and i can't imagine how they would sound like with a proper amp. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #4,127 of 11,286
Quote:
oh, and miow, if you want to try the bass try this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Idbql3djdk 

L3000.gif
(these phones are unbeleavable).

Sounds like my 12" subwoofer ($600 studio monitors - each unit). These are the bass kings. Haven't heard anything of the sort to produce such a huge yet detailed bass, without sacrificing the mids and highs. In fact they sound like a triple dynamic driver  with a dedicated subwoofer, such is the separation of the 3 distinct frequencies. But they need my mod for the highs to sound this good, this extended and detailed. All this micro-detail has just shown up after modding. Nothing to do with burn-in. In fact they don't need any burn-in to sound this good, just modding and some fine tuning. The micro-details are just amazing. How in the world can such a bassheavy phone have any micro-detail?! This is new to me.

The cable is pretty damn good, no need of a replaceable cable. It's pure OFC from what I was told from SONY. And I like the fact that it is a flat cable. That with these levels of comfort and isolation allows me to listen to them for 10 hours with no pain whatsoever.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #4,128 of 11,286
Brand new basshead here.  I can't wait to get involved in this forum - as dubstep and EDM has become a new interest.

I need some advice on a headphone, but let me tell you first what I currently have (and had).

I tried the ATH-m50, and desired more punchier bass.  After returning those I went to the ATH-PRO700MK2, and would like more bass.  I also don't find these headphones as clean sounding as the ATH-m50 for some reason.  I am thinking about returning the ATH-PRO700MK2 to amazon if a better option is available.

Anyways, my budget is about $300.  If something goes for far less I am open to that too. I am looking for a solid pair of over ear headphones with really punchy bass, good for dubstep drops EDM and the like.  I really appreciate coming to a new forum and getting advice from the aficionados.  Maybe one day I will become one. 

If you help me feel free to use any technical lingo - I need to look up and understand that stuff so now is a perfect chance for me.

Thanks,
Dubby (which is the name of my cat XD)

p.s. I use the Z02 is there something better?

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #4,130 of 11,286
Listening to some Drum n' Bass as I type with the XB800 + JDSLabs C421. The timbre of the percussion instruments is so real, its staggering. Vocals have a body on them, a soul... its just amazing.

Sent from my Tapatalk
--------------------------------

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #4,131 of 11,286
Quote:
Brand new basshead here.  I can't wait to get involved in this forum - as dubstep and EDM has become a new interest.

I need some advice on a headphone, but let me tell you first what I currently have (and had).

I tried the ATH-m50, and desired more punchier bass.  After returning those I went to the ATH-PRO700MK2, and would like more bass.  I also don't find these headphones as clean sounding as the ATH-m50 for some reason.  I am thinking about returning the ATH-PRO700MK2 to amazon if a better option is available.

Anyways, my budget is about $300.  If something goes for far less I am open to that too. I am looking for a solid pair of over ear headphones with really punchy bass, good for dubstep drops EDM and the like.  I really appreciate coming to a new forum and getting advice from the aficionados.  Maybe one day I will become one. 

If you help me feel free to use any technical lingo - I need to look up and understand that stuff so now is a perfect chance for me.

Thanks,

Ok, so there we go. SONY XB800 or V-Moda M100. You won't need a ZO2 with any of these. Get a Fiio E11/E17 instead, or even better, a C&C BH that is just $99 and blows the FiiO's out of the water. I can give you my contact for the C&C in Singapore. You won't pay any customs tax ; )

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4,132 of 11,286
Quote:

Thanks. I wonder why he was banned in the first place.

Anyway, do you think the Headfonia reviewers were overly negative of the M-100 due in part to the massive hype surrounding them on HF? I just feel like the review is more suited for a low range basshead can than the M-100.

For example, look at Ed's own words -
Sound wise I find the M-100 a very difficult one to recommend. The hype for this headphone has been ridiculous - if you live on head-fi.org anyway - and perhaps that effected my ultimate opinion, but I have sat on this review for a while now and my thoughts are not shifting.

In my opinion yes, the M-100's have really opened up for me in the past week or so and have turned into something completely different to what I recieved initially. I'm loving the sound, clarity, detail, lovely deep and detailed lows, and crystal clear highs.
I feel the bass rather than hear it now if that makes sense.

One thing I love about them is how you can hear every subtle sound an instrument is making, with all the timbre of the original instrument so you can really feel them.
Noticed this a lot in bass instruments. You can hear the buzzing on the frets, even really low down.

A song which really shows how good the bass really can be is Angel by Massive Attack. The bass at the start is really strong with a lot of detail, but yet, I got such a shock when the bass drum came in, and it goes even LOWER than the actual bass guitar! It's just perfect quite honestly.

Also, listen to some William Orbit :D

Best set by far I have tried, and yesterday, I even tried the Sennheiser Momentum's. Mids were more forward on them, but they lacked as much detail in the bottom end, and lost the detail in the higher mids/treble that make the M-100's so good to listen to.
I'm finding new tracks every day that balance so well on them.
Not to mention, the sound stage on the M-100's is tonnes better in width with better image seperation.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #4,133 of 11,286
I'm in the process of getting the M-100's, but coming from the USA is a bit of an issue due to customs tax. Is there any way that they could declare them for a lower value since they're not known here in Europe?

EDIT: Oh no problem, it's just $85 customs tax and they clear customs same day via amazon Express. Ordering them now
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #4,134 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm in the process of getting the M-100's, but coming from the USA is a bit of an issue due to customs tax. Is there any way that they could declare them for a lower value since they're not known here in Europe?

V-Moda would not do that.
You can wait until Amazon.co.uk get stock, but in my opinion, I'm not at all worrying, even after shelling out almost £300 on them. I love them pretty much now.
If there was only one thing I could change, it would be getting the Matte Black's rather than the Shadows, but oh well.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #4,135 of 11,286
Thanks Miow and musical-kage.I just ordered a pair of the M-100's (in silver) after hearing you guys out and doing some more research.  I'm quick to make a decision!  Thanks for the input on the matter - I will be returning the Z02 as I already have a Fiio E11!  What gives on the long shipping date though?  I ordered from amazon prime and it says I will get them by the end of the month.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #4,136 of 11,286
Quote:

V-Moda would not do that.
You can wait until Amazon.co.uk get stock, but in my opinion, I'm not at all worrying, even after shelling out almost £300 on them. I love them pretty much now.
If there was only one thing I could change, it would be getting the Matte Black's rather than the Shadows, but oh well.

I'm getting the Shadows, but if you want to sell me yours, I'll bite right now. Just drop me a PM and lets get to business ; )

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #4,137 of 11,286
Quote:
Thanks Miow and musical-kage.I just ordered a pair of the M-100's (in silver) after hearing you guys out and doing some more research.  I'm quick to make a decision!  Thanks for the input on the matter - I will be returning the Z02 as I already have a Fiio E11!  What gives on the long shipping date though?  I ordered from amazon prime and it says I will get them by the end of the month.

Stocks aren't all that great at the minute due to I'm guessing, initial demand. Amazon.co.uk for example doesn't have any stock yet as far as I know.

Quote:
I'm getting the Shadows, but if you want to sell me yours, I'll bite right now. Just drop me a PM and lets get to business ; )

Haha, I wouldn't sell them :)
I just wish I had bought the Matte-Blacks, but after I've burnt these in, I'm not going to be sending them back to get a replacement.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4,138 of 11,286
adjusting my requirements a bit more, still couldn't found a pair of bassheads to fit the most for me and this makes me very sad because I need them urgently :frowning2: therefor, still looking for closed and decent sealed (not like xb500 or v-moda crossfade LP because they leak alot) BASSHEAD, Will give them excessive home use with the FiiO E07K so comfort is a must, for 100$ or even less if you think it's necessary. 
Thanks

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #4,139 of 11,286
Quote:

Thanks,

I listened to xb800s, and honestly overall the in the line of xb's, only the 500 is worth its price. All others are more or less the same, xb500s are best bang for your buck and has the most amount of bass out of the line. 

You won't get much better than pro700mkII in terms of bass really other than gluing subwoofers to your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back