The Basshead Club
Jan 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #4,082 of 11,286
Quote:
Sounds good and cheap(ish), but I need to get a Note 2 before any of this.
frown.gif

lol I can't even imagine the bass punch with that setup hearing that XB800 might even punch harder in the midbass than XB500, that must be the closest you can get to "hammer-to-head" kinda experience you get with headphones.

XB500 + ZO at max bass setting will vibrate and tickle your ears at low-level volume already.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #4,083 of 11,286
Quote:

lol I can't even imagine the bass punch with that setup hearing that XB800 might even punch harder in the midbass than XB500, that must be the closest you can get to "hammer-to-head" kinda experience you get with headphones.

XB500 + ZO at max bass setting will vibrate and tickle your ears at low-level volume already.

L3000.gif

Mines will arive tomorrow so I can share my very own experience with a JDSLabs C421 Bass Boost, if this serves for anything.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #4,084 of 11,286
This thread is making me smile! :D I need to save up funds... NOW!!!

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #4,085 of 11,286
Oh, and whats a song with HUGE impact, like slam you into the wall with AD700s? xD

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #4,088 of 11,286
Quote:
Requake - I Love
The XX - Angels (Odyc Remix)
Even though it is awful in just about every way: Datsik - Swagga (Datsik Trap VIP) has some big bass

*shudder* That song was SO over done in 2009/10, I was hoping it was gonna die. when Datsik posted that track on fb I HAD to listen to it for curiosity sake. Can't say I was impressed. I still think Galvanize is Datsik's best track. Or that Animale remix. I didn't like anything off his album. It was very well produced, but I can't say any track was stand out in particular other than Annihilate. The industrial hydraulic samples and 'wonkyness' kinda drew me away I guess. That Trap VIP is along the same lines.

end rant. Datsik is the producer that got me INTO dubstep in the first place, so that's what I'm sop outspoken about it.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4,093 of 11,286
Quote:
Oh, and whats a song with HUGE impact, like slam you into the wall with AD700s? xD

Nympho by Borgore.... It actually has quite a bit of bass and even though it lacks a lot of finesse, it really is an impressive song that wows a lot of my friends.
I've gotten beats users to say that they think the bass of my setup is TOO punchy. Of course we know there is no such thing. xD

Anyway, I use the Samsung Galaxy Player with Jet Audio Basic, and turn everything that isnt bass on my EQ way down, and turn the bass up, and then run it into the ZO2, to the Q40s.

I feel like using the ZO + XB500's might result in just a fart cannon...

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #4,094 of 11,286
How's the difference in bass between the XB500s and XB800s? XB500's are 1/2 the price, but in what does the XB800 excelll at? Treble, bass, soundstage, isolation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back