The Basshead Club
Dec 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #3,738 of 11,286
Quote:
ok, so i basically need a good seal? i think i have some marshmelow tipd from an old jvc iem, ill try that one. thanks!

didnt do anything... 

Craigster75 -  are the Comply foam tips worth it? i feel funny paying 10$ + god knows how much for shipping (i live far far away) just for 2 pieces of foam for my 80$ earbuds. do they make a really big difference? if you tell me the bass gets emphasized dramatically then im willing to pay. but if its just a marginal upgrade i think ill pass. whats your experience with these tips?

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #3,740 of 11,286
Quote:
didnt do anything... 

Craigster75 -  are the Comply foam tips worth it? i feel funny paying 10$ + god knows how much for shipping (i live far far away) just for 2 pieces of foam for my 80$ earbuds. do they make a really big difference? if you tell me the bass gets emphasized dramatically then im willing to pay. but if its just a marginal upgrade i think ill pass. whats your experience with these tips?

I don't have personal experience with them, but I hope this link helps.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #3,743 of 11,286
Has anyone compared the Pro700MKII to the Beyer DT770/80 in sub bass output? Curious to see how they compare.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #3,744 of 11,286
Quote:
Velodyne Vpulse?

Glad to see these being recommended. They are underrated for sure.

Quote:
I use poweramp every single day, so I actually can say with a degree of confidence that poweramp will draw no more battery than the standard music amp with or without the eq turned on.

Is poweramp only for Android?

Quote:
question for iem users:

i dont use iems very often, only for 10-30 minuets when on the bus, and thats not every day.
i use beyerdynamic dtx101. iv heard that changing the tips can make a big difference to the bass. is ther any truth to this? if so, what tips are the best for bringing out the sub bass?

It's not about the tips, it's about a good seal, so use whatever tips seal your ears the best. There are no "best" tips because everyone's ears are different. For me personally, for example, the typical short, fat silicons are the best. Foam and bullet-shaped silicons (like the ones that come with Klipsche and Apple in-ears) are absolutely useless for me because even the "large" sizes are too long and narrow.

A good fit should get you a good seal, unless the manufacturer adds a "feature" called a pressure-relief system, like the idiots at Velodyne did to their vPulse, a fatal flaw in an otherwise perfect IEM... then you can't get them to stay in your ears no matter what you do :frowning2:

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #3,746 of 11,286
Believe it or not, the Monster N-tune is a decent-sounding, basshead level supra-aural in your price range.  Also, the UE4000 may be to your liking.  I have not auditioned those, but I am a fan of the UE6000.

You seem to be giving me great advice, thanks a lot ! Really ! You seem to be giving me great suggestions also.
Last question,
What do you think suits me best of these? If i love to listen to House ( Offer Nissim (you can check his track "illusion")) , Eminem , She wolf( same style songs with great beat and sound). Yanni... etc...

Monster NCredible NTune
Logitech UE 4000
Technics RP-DH1200 DJ
KRK KNS8400
Sony MDR-XB500
Sennheiser HD429
Shure 750DJ
AKG K167
Pioneer HDJ-2000
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black

Thanks a lot !
The first 5 of the list is what i am really confused about, however... The K167 seems very seducing .
Thanks again !

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,747 of 11,286
ZAgain, you guys a Modded XB700 out of a CLEAN source is really a very magical Sub Bass experince! Teh Quanity and QUality are un matched for Sub Bass, and heck you can just EQ the mids back in. But again, XB700 is only for Sub Bass and MAKE SURE your ONLY eq'ing Sub bass.... I plugged my XB700s into my Hifiman's Line out and well... they sounded AMAZINGL. For the last year I've been using my Zune and the Zune has a pretty bad Sub Bass... OMG the Clean LIne Out from the Hifiman was like SUB BASS EAR SMEX... seriously awesome. Plus for $100 bucks it's the cheapest and best Sub Bass Solution, but it requires some work.

More importantly... if it's not SUb Bass the Xb's suck pretty bad... my DT 880 250 ohm does DnB better than the Xb's e.e [yea the Mid bass roll off is BAD on the Xb's]

That being said looking forward to owning the DT 990s some day :D

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #3,748 of 11,286
Quote:
You seem to be giving me great advice, thanks a lot ! Really ! You seem to be giving me great suggestions also.
Last question,
What do you think suits me best of these? If i love to listen to House ( Offer Nissim (you can check his track "illusion")) , Eminem , She wolf( same style songs with great beat and sound). Yanni... etc...
Monster NCredible NTune
Logitech UE 4000
Technics RP-DH1200 DJ
KRK KNS8400
Sony MDR-XB500
Sennheiser HD429
Shure 750DJ
AKG K167
Pioneer HDJ-2000
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black
Thanks a lot !
The first 5 of the list is what i am really confused about, however... The K167 seems very seducing .
Thanks again !

This will really depend on your preferred sound signature.  I know you like bass.  Do you prefer headphones with a bright treble or somewhat subdued/dark?  Also, how important is overall SQ compared with bass volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back