The Basshead Club
Dec 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,691 of 11,286
Quote:
There are 2 models. The FXZ100 and in that pic the FXZ200. Both are freakeshly awesome but for bass guys the higher end FXZ200 is fully tuned like a high end 2.1 in your ears. I am not exaggerating when I say that. As far as I know both are Japan only items. I bought the FXZ100 for around $170 and the FXZ200 for $240.. Bought both using Tenso forwarding service. I buy the products and have Amazon Japan send the earphones to Tenso. Tenso then charges a small shipping an handling fee and a week later I am rocking my earphones. I will never buy stuff like this from ebay anymore. I have been getting ripped off for years. The cost of them FXZ200 are $350 on ebay. For $80 more I got both earphones shipped to me.

I am a basshead much like you guys. I can honestly say. These earphones are seriously end game material..You guys can read more impressions of them on the FXZ100 FXZ200 thread..

To be honest the bass don't sound like full sized cans. They sound like a nice high quality 12 inch sub. Lol. Seriously. Because these earphones have 3 dynamic drivers they have imagery like you will not believe but it is their sub performance that will leave you wondering what you just heard. They are so impressive. Currawong gave them the best of show at the Tokyo autumn trade show. You should read his impressions. Now that I have them. I know exactly what he is talking about. There is nothing quite like them. If I was to compare the bass I would say similar to the sub performance of my D2000s but these are more visceral like a real sub.

Subwoofer like performance from an IEM? Sounds really intriguing, as I am looking to get a replacement for my Westone 3 as my primary basshead IEM. Shame about the price, though - they are quite expensive.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #3,692 of 11,286
Quote:

I see, thanks for the comparison. I think I know just what the M-100 sounds like.

Are they as good with EQ-ing as the PRO700MK2? I like to push them to huge basshead levels, especially with EQ-ing on my Cowon and with an E11.

I believe so.  There is a significant increase in bass impact through my E11 on the #2 setting compared to my Iphone 4.  The M-100 can handle the bass boost at high volume without distortion.  In fact, the drivers purr when they are near their peak.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #3,693 of 11,286
Quote:
I believe so.  There is a significant increase in bass impact through my E11 on the #2 setting compared to my Iphone 4.  The M-100 can handle the bass boost at high volume without distortion.  In fact, the drivers purr when they are near their peak.

That's interesting. Wish the Pro700MK2s had a little more treble then, they'd be my perfect headphone.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #3,699 of 11,286
Quote:
Can I get a recommendation of headphones with bass similar to the crossfade LP?

I suppose you are talking about mid-bass quantity?

If so, you can try the following cans - Crossfade LP2, Sony XB300, Sony XB500, Sony XB700, JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-M5X, JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-S4X.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #3,700 of 11,286
Quote:
The drivers vibrate in a soothing way near maximum bass output.  You can almost feel the air being pushed against your ears.

That's what I constantly keep feeling/noticing with my M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 combo (ZO set to lvl 7-8 or so out of 32). ^^ When I master hardstyle tracks in particular, I know once I start feeling the basspressure, I know the kicks are at a suitable level haha.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #3,701 of 11,286
Quote:
The drivers vibrate in a soothing way near maximum bass output.  You can almost feel the air being pushed against your ears.

Quote:

That's what I constantly keep feeling/noticing with my M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 combo (ZO set to lvl 7-8 or so out of 32). ^^ When I master hardstyle tracks in particular, I know once I start feeling the basspressure, I know the kicks are at a suitable level haha.

I should have my ZO shortly.  Perhaps the M-100 is pumping out more bass amped than I am giving them credit for?  I'm thinking they are like a budget TH900 in that, even though there is a significant bass boost, the overall EQ and SQ is so good that the bass impact presents in a more subtle way.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #3,702 of 11,286
Quote:

I should have my ZO shortly.  Perhaps the M-100 is pumping out more bass amped than I am giving them credit for?  I'm thinking they are like a budget TH900 in that, even though there is a significant bass boost, the overall EQ and SQ is so good that the bass impact presents in a more subtle way.

I have a feeling ZO is what you've been looking for and will stop you for searching something even bassier as I think you will like the result you get with M100 + ZO. I think you will probably enjoy lvl3-6 or so on the ZO.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #3,703 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:

I have a feeling ZO is what you've been looking for and will stop you for searching something even bassier as I think you will like the result you get with M100 + ZO. I think you will probably enjoy lvl3-6 or so on the ZO.

I'm awaiting my ZO also, I should have it well before my M-100s, but I'm really excited about all this M-100+ZO pairing talk now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back