The Basshead Club
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,082 of 11,286
Initial thoughts form tyll are that the Spider Thunder HD's are good, and the both operator said they were made with bass in mind. Hope they turn out good. 
basshead.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #1,083 of 11,286

Quote:
Initial thoughts form tyll are that the Spider Thunder HD's are good, and the both operator said they were made with bass in mind. Hope they turn out good. 
basshead.gif

Those are "on-ear" though right? At least it looks like it. :frowning2:

What about AT's new "Solid Bass" headphone ATH-WA70 though? Previous Solid Bass headphones from AT have been so-so but maybe they've got it right this time? :)

Also don't beat me for saying this but Skullcandy is about to release a new Skullcandy Hesh 2 which is part of their new focus of better build quality & sound quality department like the Aviators and Mix Masters:

Tyll plans doing a review of the Hesh 2 headphones and wrote he'd measure the ATH-WA70 too. Looking forward to both. Why I'm caring about the Hesh 2 is mainly because it would do us all good if youngsters that are into this "fashion" headphone thing would also start to crave better sound quality, hopefully even these people will recognition (hopefully) a better sound quality in the Hesh 2 and start buying these instead.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,084 of 11,286
"Why I'm caring about the Hesh 2 is mainly because it would do us all good if youngsters that are into this "fashion" headphone thing would also start to crave better sound quality, hopefully even these people will recognition (hopefully) a better sound quality in the Hesh 2 and start buying these instead." I'm really excited that they are trying to make better sounding cans, i know so many people that have the first version and they sound so artificial. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #1,085 of 11,286
Here's another interesting video that explains more about the stuff happening at Skullcandy 

I do have a good feeling about the Hesh 2 priced at $59.99. Might be a better alternative to XB500 for example. Well Tyll's gonna be reviewing them so then we'll know quite more.

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #1,086 of 11,286

Quote:
Here's another interesting video that explains more about the stuff happening at Skullcandy 

I do have a good feeling about the Hesh 2 priced at $59.99. Might be a better alternative to XB500 for example. Well Tyll's gonna be reviewing them so then we'll know quite more.

I don't know why, but this whole video just seems like a huge billboard saying "suck on that Beats by Dre" to me 
confused_face.gif
 (Skullcandy, like Beats by Dre, has some really good looking cans, and not to mention I clearly remember some of the guys from Beats by Dre saying they don't need fancy electronics to make headphones)

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #1,088 of 11,286

Quote:
Those are "on-ear" though right? At least it looks like it. :frowning2:

What about AT's new "Solid Bass" headphone ATH-WA70 though? Previous Solid Bass headphones from AT have been so-so but maybe they've got it right this time? :)

Also don't beat me for saying this but Skullcandy is about to release a new Skullcandy Hesh 2 which is part of their new focus of better build quality & sound quality department like the Aviators and Mix Masters:

Tyll plans doing a review of the Hesh 2 headphones and wrote he'd measure the ATH-WA70 too. Looking forward to both. Why I'm caring about the Hesh 2 is mainly because it would do us all good if youngsters that are into this "fashion" headphone thing would also start to crave better sound quality, hopefully even these people will recognition (hopefully) a better sound quality in the Hesh 2 and start buying these instead.

Isn't that the WS-70 not WA? I believe it was released a while ago...

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,089 of 11,286

Quote:
Isn't that the WS-70 not WA? I believe it was released a while ago...

It says WA on Innerfidelity. But you're right when I listened what the woman said she actually says ATH-WS70 haha. xD Not much info on these, they go for $125 on amazon.com. WS70 vs PRO700MK2, wonder which of them is better, at least these pads look a little bigger on these so that's a plus.

HAHA, it actually says "Overhelming bass" on the package. That can't be a good thing... :p

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,090 of 11,286
Just got a couple of super bassy IEM's in the mail today. What are they? Well, that's a secret. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #1,091 of 11,286
Just reporting in.  Finally got my ZO2 and paired it with my Atrio Mg 7. 
L3000.gif
  Sounds AMAZING!!!  Still haven't really played around with the ZO so I have no idea if I'm using it right with the high or low gain mode....but there's a red light on the Zo and it really makes the Atrio's come alive.  BOOMING BASS!!  Definitely not disappointed :)

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,092 of 11,286
For fun today I decided to run my SRH-940 (my least bassy can) through my custom planet-destroying basshead EQ setting on my Cowon X7, and the results were surprising.  I'd say the result was bassier than the HFI-780 run through my iPod, and maybe even the D5000.  That's some powerful bass boosting.  Anyone have a Cowon and a Zo?  That would be an interesting comparison for their basshead abilities.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #1,093 of 11,286

Quote:
For fun today I decided to run my SRH-940 (my least bassy can) through my custom planet-destroying basshead EQ setting on my Cowon X7, and the results were surprising.  I'd say the result was bassier than the HFI-780 run through my iPod, and maybe even the D5000.  That's some powerful bass boosting.  Anyone have a Cowon and a Zo?  That would be an interesting comparison for their basshead abilities.

Yea Cowon have some of the best bass boost capabilities around in portable devices. But I doubt it can achieve the bass that I would be able to if using the Audigy 2 ZS card together with the kX Audio drivers. With that I can load up as many EQs I want as long as there's free resources on the card for it, I've never really tried more than 3 though even if I could use more.... I mean with 3 EQs I could still apply like 36dB bass boost and decrease the rest of the frequencies by -36dB and then we'd be talking by a wooping 72dB difference in bass vs mids/highs and the funniest thing is that it doesn't even distort but you have to set the volume very low with such bass increases or you'd quickly break the drivers I'd imagine. I haven't dared to do it on the XB500 cuz they have like 15dB on their own but some other headphones I couldn't care less if they broke I tried with was the Sennheiser HD 212 pro and it sounded exactly like I was next door to a club and the bass bleeding through the walls while the mids and highs weren't quite audible haha. So yea it was like listening to a trance song with only the WROOOM-WROOOM-WROOOM bassline being heard, well the volume was set at like 7% or so where bass volume was actually at a normal listening volume then but you can imagine the mids and highs not being very audible at such volume. :p

With something that's more up to date I can also vouch for Titanium HD's EQ at least (can't speak for if the EQ works simiarly well for all the X-Fi cards), it can easily handle +12dB boost without distorting like 90%+ software EQs would if doing the same (better to lower frequencies except the bass in that case or lower the pre-amp slider if there's any such). ASUS cards have a crappy EQ and all other cards relying on the same software, C-Media or whatever it was.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,094 of 11,286
[size=medium]Hey guys, I recently bought the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and really enjoy them. Before the LP2 I was using the Denon AH-D7000 and don’t think I’ll be able to go back to them. Reason being is that the LP2 offers that “punch” I’ve been looking for.[/size]

[size=medium]Think I finally figured out that I’m a basshead. So in everyone’s opinion what’s the next step up if I want to keep the “punch” of the LP2?[/size]

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,095 of 11,286
You...replaced a D7000...with an LP2?

I feel trolled...If you're serious though...just use an EQ.

Quote:
[size=medium]Hey guys, I recently bought the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and really enjoy them. Before the LP2 I was using the Denon AH-D7000 and don’t think I’ll be able to go back to them. Reason being is that the LP2 offers that “punch” I’ve been looking for.[/size]

[size=medium]Think I finally figured out that I’m a basshead. So in everyone’s opinion what’s the next step up if I want to keep the “punch” of the LP2?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back