The Basshead Club
Jan 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,066 of 11,286
you play them cans on what a apple? Well I heard them with a amp and a cowon and I was not impressed. If I was ill buy them right now. But we all have our beliefs.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #1,067 of 11,286

Quote:
Dude I have been throwing money around looking for bass, deep sub bass. Back in Miami I had the bass i desired but it took a lot of woofers and watts to get it (car). I am in Hong Kong and I walk all day or stand on the train. The Atrios has more than enough bass and I can play them loud and my ears dont hurt as much as the other earphones such as the Westone 3, which I also like. I even bought the JH for $1300 bucks and boy was i stupid. yes they sounded very nice but no real basshead earphones. Now I am going to do it again but this time I am going to get a fitting so I can by the custom made Futuresonics. I want to hear if they can have even more bass but my money is flying away.

Yeah I've read good things about the custom Futuresonics, you'll have to post back and let us know...I'm thinking about getting them when I have extra dough to blow.  I love the mg7 and I'm a brand loyal consumer type, so once I find what I like, I stick with it.  For now...still waiting for my ZO2...it's taking forever!

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,068 of 11,286
Yeah been wanting to buy the Futuresonics for awhile then I got laid off so I had to wait and now well I am getting them but after spending  money on the JH it feels mush harder but I will sing it, It is now or never!

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #1,069 of 11,286

Quote:
Yeah been wanting to buy the Futuresonics for awhile then I got laid off so I had to wait and now well I am getting them but after spending  money on the JH it feels mush harder but I will sing it, It is now or never!

Well I'm sure FS will assist however they can in getting your squared away with your new purchase.  Great product, great sound quality, great customer service, I couldn't be happier with them.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,070 of 11,286
Denon D2000 + M^3 bass boost cranked all the way up with bass-heavy music
L3000.gif
 j/k that's overkill. Add the M^3 amp with BB to the list

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,071 of 11,286
Well I did it. I got another impression of my ears and I placed an order for the Futuresonics custom earphones in the hope it will have even more bass then their universal. I will say this the Futuresonics (Atrios) universals have a lot more bass than the over priced JH 13 I bought. After spending that amount it has been difficult for me to place another order on expensive earphones especially having 2 nice bassy earphones (Atrios and Westone 3). Hope all goes well.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,072 of 11,286
A review I read about Futuresonics -
Future Sonics m8 Atrio with SofterWear custom fit sleeves
Future Sonics took a different tack for our test, offering up its high-end, off-the-rack Atrio headphone and adding its SofterWear custom fit in-ear sleeve. The add-ons are made of a very tactile rubber compound that takes a bit of work to get into your ear, but once in place they’re incredibly comfortable and sometimes equally tough to remove. Unlike any of the other makers in this test, Future Sonics headphones rely on actual dynamic speakers — miniature versions of the big booming banks of speakers at live events. The result is immediately noticeable. The sound is more natural and concert-like than any of the others in this test. The difference is particularly apparent in the bass range, where the FS sound feels warmer and rolls into your ear as opposed to the crisp and at times almost clinical sound of digital drivers.
WIRED The most naturalistic, warm, concert-like sound of the group. Very comfortable once you get them in your ear.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #1,074 of 11,286

Quote:
A review I read about Futuresonics -
Future Sonics m8 Atrio with SofterWear custom fit sleeves
Future Sonics took a different tack for our test, offering up its high-end, off-the-rack Atrio headphone and adding its SofterWear custom fit in-ear sleeve. The add-ons are made of a very tactile rubber compound that takes a bit of work to get into your ear, but once in place they’re incredibly comfortable and sometimes equally tough to remove. Unlike any of the other makers in this test, Future Sonics headphones rely on actual dynamic speakers — miniature versions of the big booming banks of speakers at live events. The result is immediately noticeable. The sound is more natural and concert-like than any of the others in this test. The difference is particularly apparent in the bass range, where the FS sound feels warmer and rolls into your ear as opposed to the crisp and at times almost clinical sound of digital drivers.
WIRED The most naturalistic, warm, concert-like sound of the group. Very comfortable once you get them in your ear.

Please don't tell me you picked one of those up too?  haha

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,076 of 11,286
I agree with this review that the JH13 are "Despite its relatively neutral bass response, in trance, the JH13Pro swims the English Channel; its depth is retained even amidst throbbing bass, the roar of crowds, computerised effects, and a steady stream of synth throughout."

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,079 of 11,286
An interesting and informative review on the UE - Pro 11. The reviewer siad "Compared to other custom monitor products reviewed on this site, the UE-11 has a much wider sense of soundstage, better mid-range detail, and a better bass response. The only monitor product that beats the UE-11 in the bass department is the Future Sonics Atrio M5". That say a lot about the Atrio which cost less than $200 dollars comapared to the $1100 Pro 11.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #1,080 of 11,286
Another article comparing the bass between the high end (over $1,000) Ultimate ears and JH13 pro. "Both the JH Audio JH13 Pros and Ultimate Ears 18 Pro Custom suffer from uppermost frequency extension. It is not so much a roll-off more than they simply can not seem to produce frequencies in the ultra high range to properly produce chimes, bells, that titillating violin electricity as performed by the world’s best performers, etc. Call it a sin of omission, and I’d rather have that then screech and distorted highs. I would say that the midbass on down to the bass, from around 120Hz on down, is a touch stronger with the Ultimate Ears 18 over the JH Audio 13 IEMs. So if you love music with strong bass like pop, dance, house, trance, etc, the UE 18 might be preferred. If you love classical and jazz music the choice becomes a bit more of a personal preference. The midrange is so close to the same between the two that I’d be hard to call either an out and out winner. Both are excellent in the crucial midrange."

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0311/ultimate_ears_18_pro.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back