The Basshead Club
Dec 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #872 of 11,286

Quote:
TFTA XB1 blow both of those away in everything, new technology.

"Thin Film Technology is a passive dynamic-balancing system, combining acoustic know-how and material knowledge achieved by placing a thin film inside the housing. This creates and combines a deeper, wider sound quality with sub bass capability and enhances frequency range with higher fidelity." 

So...they have damping. 
tongue_smile.gif

Paul@TFTA still hasn't answered me. 
frown.gif
 I want to hear these things. I'd love to compare them to the MTPG and my current favorite bass monster, the XePort 5010 with black ports. 

And what about the XB500's? They have ideal venting and a driver tuned for bass. That's what's needed for quantity, but I can safely say that they are one of my least liked headphones of all time because of their sloppier than sloppy joe bass unEQ'ed. Even with the minimal EQing my DAP can do, they still sounded abysmal in everything else. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #873 of 11,286

Quote:
"Thin Film Technology is a passive dynamic-balancing system, combining acoustic know-how and material knowledge achieved by placing a thin film inside the housing. This creates and combines a deeper, wider sound quality with sub bass capability and enhances frequency range with higher fidelity." 

So...they have damping. 
tongue_smile.gif

Paul@TFTA still hasn't answered me. 
frown.gif
 I want to hear these things. I'd love to compare them to the MTPG and my current favorite bass monster, the XePort 5010 with black ports. 

And what about the XB500's? They have ideal venting and a driver tuned for bass. That's what's needed for quantity, but I can safely say that they are one of my least liked headphones of all time because of their sloppier than sloppy joe bass unEQ'ed. Even with the minimal EQing my DAP can do, they still sounded abysmal in everything else. 

I've decided to get the DT990 Pros with the E10 for my computer and the Zo2....that should have it all, bass, especially with Zo2, huge soundstage, since they are open, amazing quality/detail/clarity...o snap :wink: they are about 165, zo2, 100 and e10 is 75.  You'll never need another thing :D

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #874 of 11,286
If you guys haven't checked out ineedmorebase's under $200 poll yet, do it. Some interesting discussions going on there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585238/poll-best-basshead-cans-200-and-below

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #877 of 11,286
It's locked. lol.

And that voting list is awful.

Quote:
If you guys haven't checked out ineedmorebase's under $200 poll yet, do it. Some interesting discussions going on there.

Quote:
Why did you link to that? Anything but that thread...

Anyway, is anyone getting anything good for Christmas?

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #879 of 11,286

Very interesting indeed! But the dt990 pros with the zo2 seem like the perfect headphone for EVERYTHING

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #880 of 11,286

Quote:
Very interesting indeed! But the dt990 pros with the zo2 seem like the perfect headphone for EVERYTHING

Aw crap! Now I'll have to get rid of my Ultrasones and Westone 3. I'll call Sennheiser, AKG, Audio-Technica and the rest of the gang and tell them to close up the shop. 

Who'll call all the amp makers and tell them to do the same?

Well at least I'll save a ton of money now that I don't have to get custom IEMS to get the best possible sound at the office without disturbing my colleagues.

PS: I am amazed that the DT990 pro even beat the TFTA XB1! I thought they were untouchable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back