The Basshead Club
Oct 31, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #438 of 11,286

Quote:
I haven't heard too much on those, but I believe that they deliver in the bass category. What I'm concerned about is the overall sound quality as many lower end in ears are tuned to be very bass heavy while greatly sacrificing other areas of the spectrum, resulting in a muddy and veiled sound. 

I can't say I'm an audiophile, so I won't be able to describe it to anyone perfectly. I listen to dubstep/house/hiphop/r&b mostly. For these, I prefer the JVCs over the m9/m6/m11. They bass is much more impactful, feels deeper(?) . The mids and highs are clearer than the m9s and are about the same as m11s. I guess you would say m6 has a more 'balanced' sound if I'm not mistaken.
I also prefer these over the Klipsch S4 as well. So for the $14 I got them for, or what seems like around $20 on amazon, they are a steal.
They are also alot easier to drive, where I use lower volumes than m9/m6/m11

But rest assured, they are very bassy so cheers to that basshead club!

Give me another week or so and I'll let you know how they compare to 750DJ's ... haha

EDIT: I haven't burned them in yet either, these are upon a few hours of testing (no amps or anything, from my alienware laptop/desktop/samsung focus

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #441 of 11,286
Hi fellow bass heads! What do you recommend for the STRONGEST BASS? I currently have the miles Davis tributes which actually satisfy me and bass because they sound HUGEEE like in the song: in The air- extended mix ( sultan and nerd sheapard) I love how that beginning bassline makes me say omg but I want MOAR power since I'm gonna be using the computer a lot more with the FIIO desktop amp.

POWER BASSSSS what do u recommend? I tested some XB500 in best buy and the miles davis'bass sounded louder, so please, I WANT MORE oh and consider that the MDT's are 500 dollar phones so quality is a must, budget is like 200 something.

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #442 of 11,286
The ultimate would probably be a ZO powered Pro 900.

Quote:
Hi fellow bass heads! What do you recommend for the STRONGEST BASS? I currently have the miles Davis tributes which actually satisfy me and bass because they sound HUGEEE like in the song: in The air- extended mix ( sultan and nerd sheapard) I love how that beginning bassline makes me say omg but I want MOAR power since I'm gonna be using the computer a lot more with the FIIO desktop amp.

POWER BASSSSS what do u recommend? I tested some XB500 in best buy and the miles davis'bass sounded louder, so please, I WANT MORE oh and consider that the MDT's are 500 dollar phones so quality is a must, budget is like 200 something.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #444 of 11,286
I know, I was just sayin'.

Seriously though a ZO may not be a bad chunk of your budget...or a used Pro 750. 

ZO and a Koss pro DJ100 could be sweet. It's not a super bass headphone, but the bass is there. With the smooth bass boost of the ZO the DJ100 could be an excellent bass centric all rounder. That'd be right around budget. 

Quote:
His budget is $200, although the bass boosting ZO could be nice for him

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #445 of 11,286
so best best thing is pro 900 with the zo? how much will that cost me? how much better will it be than the miles davis?

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #446 of 11,286

Quote:
so best best thing is pro 900 with the zo? how much will that cost me? how much better will it be than the miles davis?

In my opinion, the "best" would be the DX1000, which has probably the best bass of any headphone I've ever tried; it's hard-hitting only when it needs to be. I can't speak exactly for the MD, but it kills my MTPC and MTPG. The downside is that they're around $1000. (I've never heard the L3000, which is said to be the best best, but don't ever look up stuff about it because I can almost guarantee you'll be wanting a pair.)

Back to earth, the ZO paired with basically anything should be sufficient for your needs. I particularly like my ZO with a cheap planar-magnetic, but that requires another amp in the way.

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #448 of 11,286
Nov 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #450 of 11,286

Quote:
what about denon's 1100? i hear they have good bass but not sure if its up to my standards. 

D1100 has tight, big punchy bass with a lot of impact but it sounds like typical headphone's bass, not enough subbass presence. It's mostly midbass hump ~100Hz. And I agree with the others about picking up a ZO2, then you don't have to worry so much about which headphone you pick, ZO takes care of giving you that slamming bass you're looking for, I think it's the best sounding bass boost in an amp, easily beats FiiO's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back