The Basshead Club
Nov 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #451 of 11,286
It's the best I've heard as well. Over the Arrow 3 and 4g, FiiOs, and my vintage receivers with EQ. The receivers come in second, but the ZO is something special.

Quote:
D1100 has tight, big punchy bass with a lot of impact but it sounds like typical headphone's bass, not enough subbass presence. It's mostly midbass hump ~100Hz. And I agree with the others about picking up a ZO2, then you don't have to worry so much about which headphone you pick, ZO takes care of giving you that slamming bass you're looking for, I think it's the best sounding bass boost in an amp, easily beats FiiO's. 

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #452 of 11,286

Quote:

D1100 has tight, big punchy bass with a lot of impact but it sounds like typical headphone's bass, not enough subbass presence. It's mostly midbass hump ~100Hz. And I agree with the others about picking up a ZO2, then you don't have to worry so much about which headphone you pick, ZO takes care of giving you that slamming bass you're looking for, I think it's the best sounding bass boost in an amp, easily beats FiiO's. 

Where do I buy this ZO2? Btw, if that supposedly gibes me enough bass, which is the best  headphone tu buy for 200 bucks? For trance/dub step/house etc , music u can't enjoy withought bass.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #455 of 11,286

Quote:

It all depends on what your desired result is.  If you don't need a ton of bass than possibly.  If you do, then likely not.

Plucked from the review above:

"If I can only have 1 then I would choose the fiio e11. This is because I have phones with good bass already and don't need much more bass (if any) but rather just an amp with line out feature."

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #462 of 11,286
Brief impression of the MEElectronics SP51 (iPod Classic 7G > iBasso D7 > SP51):

My SP51s just arrived and I am very pleased by their sound.  Using the black ends (which are "extreme bass") the sound is very warm, deep and fairly well extended.  I A-B'd them against my Pro 750s and the bass hits with similar impact with slightly more veil from the mid-treble regions.  

I also A-B'd them against my AH-C710s and they are night an day.  Much deeper (yet slightly less controlled bass) than the C710s.  The C710s have much more emphasized treble.  So, if your looking for a true V-shaped signature look no further than the C710s.  If you want a heavy emphasis in the bass region with less regard to control and very little fatigue the SP51s may be a good option (especially for the price).

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #463 of 11,286
I'll be adding pictures of some of the more well-known basshead cans to the OP, since there is a lack of pictures in this thread 
beerchug.gif

100 more posts to go til I become a Headphoneus Supremeus 
biggrin.gif

Edit: LCD-2, PRO900 and HFI 580 is added, more is coming

Nov 7, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #465 of 11,286
Basshead club, I need an intervention!

So far I have bought the XB500 and it was a good experience and the bass was orgasmic but I disliked how the bass was so loud in some songs that you couldn't hear the mids or the highs. Alas my greed caught up to me because I bought a "balanced" headphone in the JVC HARX900 and it was so ****ty sounding that I think I might just be a picky little person. I should have been satisfied with the XB500 as they were very enjoyable just not as good as I wanted. They say, beggars cannot be choosers and I'm trying to find top notch sound without paying over $150.

I live in Nashville, TN and I am trying to find a place where I can try out headphones but I really don't know where to go. I'm searching for audio stores and I've found a few but they all carry nothing but Beats and other crap in their stores (I'm looking for a store with Ultrasone and can't find anything) in the mean time I am buying from amazon and I can't keep on buying and returning headphones from amazon.

I'm debating what I should do. The M50 and HFI-580 look like potential winners, but after hearing how absolutely craptastic a more neutral headphone (HARX900) sounded I am wondering whether I am going to buy the HFI-580 and put them on, hear absolutely no bass, and realize that the XB500 was better and I wasted my time and money (shipping costs). I can't keep on returning headphones to amazon so I have to strike gold ASAP.

If all else fails, I'm just going to buy a set of XB700s and force myself to be content. #firstworldproblems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back