The Basshead Club
Feb 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #9,436 of 11,286
I like the way you think! Let us know if you get your hands on those MPC's soon, I think I'll be ordering the m-audio's very shortly, just kinda want to wait to hear a few reviews or hands on impressions. Last time I blind bought a pair was sennheiser hd555's and they weren't really my style

I pre ordered on the 23rd for a 28th release. It turned February 28th here in Japan 30 minutes ago. I expect the Japan delivery machine to hook me up in the next 48 hours. I'll post pics as soon as I get em and then spend a predicted rainy weekend slowly kicking the **** outta them. I got no space for inferior bass. I will find out in short order whether or not these get the love.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #9,437 of 11,286
I pre ordered on the 23rd for a 28th release. It turned February 28th here in Japan 30 minutes ago. I expect the Japan delivery machine to hook me up in the next 48 hours. I'll post pics as soon as I get em and then spend a predicted rainy weekend slowly kicking the **** outta them. I got no space for inferior bass. I will find out in short order whether or not these get the love.

I'm hoping they are similar yet better than the M50's so I can really justify my purchase. Looking forward to your opinion!

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #9,438 of 11,286
  I like the Yamaha 500 in my sig........compared to the 300+ more dollar Perfect sounds....bass hit to bass hit.....what says you?

Oh, definitely the Dido's are more boosted to my ears! (of course, this is based from memory!).

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #9,439 of 11,286
Ooh!!! A topic devoted to bass heads? Don't mind if I do! My current cans: JVC HA-M55X. My next cans: JVC HA-MR77X.

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #9,440 of 11,286
Gosh darn. I wish my parents would understand my love of headphones... They say"why buy more than one pair???" I say: they are like snowflakes. No two models are the same.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #9,441 of 11,286
Gosh darn. I wish my parents would understand my love of headphones... They say"why buy more than one pair???" I say: they are like snowflakes. No two models are the same.

Time for you to find a job... :p

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #9,444 of 11,286

First known shots in the wild 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #9,445 of 11,286
Keep them coming. Looking forward to your impressions............and how the bass measures up.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #9,446 of 11,286
Why are so many doubters of JVC's? Because they are a "Value Brand"?... They are, but they can do more with 100$ than most can do with 500$+ and produce much better, and clearer sounding bass than any headphones I've heard. I'd like to see JVC start a new line of 200$-500$ headphones so audiophiles(I'm slightly audiophile myself! :))will actually buy them... Why do many people think expensive=good? More importantly why do "Audio Experts" think that expensive=good?

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #9,447 of 11,286
... Lets ask JVC to really hit the market. Lets get as many people as we can to start a callout to JVC, telling them to make the best sounding headphones they possibly can for 200$-500$. Anybody with me?

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #9,449 of 11,286
Why are so many doubters of JVC's? Because they are a "Value Brand"?... They are, but they can do more with 100$ than most can do with 500$+ and produce much better, and clearer sounding bass than any headphones I've heard. I'd like to see JVC start a new line of 200$-500$ headphones so audiophiles(I'm slightly audiophile myself!
smily_headphones1.gif
)will actually buy them... Why do many people think expensive=good? More importantly why do "Audio Experts" think that expensive=good?

Let it be.

That jaw vibrating that you love is not what a lot of folks want. I thought the same thing. This is a Basshead thread. We have agreed to co exist. Some like bass that doesn't intrude on mids which at high boosting of lows is really hard to do.  I choose to abuse my eardrums but accept that's my thing.

The JVC's need tuning and patience and a strong desire for bass in quantaties that threaten ear damage. You need an amp.  They lucked into a 57mm driver ported cup combo that slams undistorted and we lucked into it being so cheap.

Let us be happy. Most folks here are stuck right where they wanna be so leave em be and lets just sing the praises of that which we love....which even in the Basshead arena is a rainbow of variety.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #9,450 of 11,286
Why is beats by Dre, Sol Republic, Sennheiser, Sony, Audio Technicas, Bose etc so popular? They appeal to people through clever marketing to people in different price ranges. Even so called "Audio Experts" fall prey to this quite often. I show people my JVC's at school, and those who haven't tried them with there beats and other 200-400$ headphones say "Since Jvc is cheap and I don't see a lot of them, they must be a pretty crappy offbrand!!". I'm just saying, JVC should release a sleek, stylish, new smaller pair of headphones that costs about 200-500$, is built out of steel or some durable material, and blows away 800-1200$ brands in every aspect. Really target the imagination of the audiophile group, and then the masses soon follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back