The Basshead Club
Feb 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #9,425 of 11,286
I haven't heard the other two but I have heard the V55 and I would recommend it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #9,427 of 11,286
The new M-Audio have the old Akai pro cup caps. The specs are identical according to the video which says they have the same drivers. 16 Ohm 12-24Khz 114-116dB  The difference is supposed to be the "tuning" but the rep says it's "chotto  chigao"  meaning a little different but later says it's up to the listeners....whatever that means?

Even Amazon as of yesterday were showing an on ear older model with the new series # which is over ear.....do they check the websites of vendors? Where did they get that old pic?
C'mon Amazon:confused:  

http://akai-pro.jp/mpc-headphones/

50mm drivers.

Very interesting... Either way, I'm loving the look and info of the HDH50's, I'm thinking those shall be my next

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #9,429 of 11,286

While a fine way to look at specs that might matter, none of those specs are really anything to go on. Frequency range for instance is just pure marketing. Driver size meaning more powerful bass is iffy; headphones with 40mm drivers can be a lot bassier than others with 50mm, and vice versa, meaning that driver size doesn't tell you what the drivers are capable of nor what the driver manufacturer tuned them for. Lower impedance is also a bit misleading number to look at, especially when the higher impedance headphone has higher sensitivity (neither are bad in any of those numbers, even for portable use). The Sonys may have a tangle free cable, but it's not exactly the thickest or the most impressive of cables. Headset and inline remote onlly matters to those who want such features, and possibly iOS only. Lastly, while the Sonys may be on-ear, they are actually big enough to encompass your whole ear.

Between a D2000 and a HP-800, none of them are actually "small".

Next to an UE-6000 which actually are circumaural.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #9,430 of 11,286

Specs doesn't mean much in this hobby. I've tested both and the Q40 is waaaaaaay better in terms of sound quality. X10 is actually very overpriced by sound quality point of view, XB800/900 which is the same but less features/bundle is more reasonably priced but still overpriced, not quite Beats outrageous amounts but not very far away. It's good alternative if you just prefer maximum bass quantity (extreme basshead), then the X10/XB800/900 will be good though. Even the older series XB500/700 had a lot better price/quality ratio and those were pretty aggressively priced reasonable sounding extreme basshead cans (you certainly got what you paid for and then some) but the X10/800/900 doesn't quite perform at their asking price other in bringing insane amount bass quantity (even a lot more than the famous Beats) if that's a desirable aspect.

The XB910 may be an improved version though possibly and I haven't tested those, Coq de combat swears by those and I can't see any1 with such arsenal of good sounding headphones think the XB800/900/X10 like I've heard sounding good so I'm leaning a bit towards XB910 being a further improved sound quality version of the older XB900.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #9,431 of 11,286

Specs doesn't mean much in this hobby. You should know this by now. I've tested both and the Q40 is waaaaaaay better in terms of sound quality. X10 is actually very overpriced by sound quality point of view, XB800/900 which is the same but less features/bundle is more reasonably priced but still overpriced, not quite Beats outrageous amounts but not very far away. It's good alternative if you just prefer maximum bass quantity (extreme basshead), then the X10/XB800/900 will be good though. Even the older series XB500/700 had a lot better price/quality ratio and those were pretty aggressively priced reasonable sounding extreme basshead cans but the X10/800/900 doesn't quite perform at their asking price other in bringing insane amount bass quantity.

The XB910 may be an improved version though possibly and I haven't tested those, Coq de combat swears by those and I can't see any1 with such arsenal of good sounding headphones think the XB800/900/X10 like I've heard sounding good so I'm leaning a bit towards XB910 being a further improved sound quality version of the older XB900.

I found this design of on ear small mesh opening with mids and highs shooting right into the canal and lower freq being vented behind the driver to rubber/foam to be bloaty. I always lost hard hits at high volume. My preferred freq boosting lines wreak havoc on these. I got a hard on for over ear designs maybe? I just cant get into on ear stuff.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #9,432 of 11,286
Very interesting... Either way, I'm loving the look and info of the HDH50's, I'm thinking those shall be my next

They do look pretty badass!  Vin Diesel should be the dude rocking these while firing off a 50 caliber weapon at some bad guys from a moving vehicle jumping over a gorge 
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #9,433 of 11,286
I also do not like on-ear as I think having your ears sitting on a foampad will absord the "vibrations" a little that you seem to get easier with around-ear and the closer the ear sits to the driver. Some may not like that feeling of "ear-tickling" sensation which I'm sure you are familiar with, :p but I get an extra level of satisfaction when I not only hear the bass but also feel it, especially in Hardstyle that I'm a big fan of, this is a big deal as this kind of bass is all about a punchy bass that you will feel due to maximum mastered volume levels, high volume level in average for the kickdrum, focused bass that hits hard around the focused/pretty narrow bass range (which makes it able to peak higher instead), it's fast & tactile with big impact. "Hammer-to-the-head" experience rather than Dubstep's "earthquake" kind of slow rumbly bloated subbass focus.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #9,434 of 11,286

Specs doesn't mean much in this hobby. I've tested both and the Q40 is waaaaaaay better in terms of sound quality. X10 is actually very overpriced by sound quality point of view, XB800/900 which is the same but less features/bundle is more reasonably priced but still overpriced, not quite Beats outrageous amounts but not very far away. It's good alternative if you just prefer maximum bass quantity (extreme basshead), then the X10/XB800/900 will be good though. Even the older series XB500/700 had a lot better price/quality ratio and those were pretty aggressively priced reasonable sounding extreme basshead cans (you certainly got what you paid for and then some) but the X10/800/900 doesn't quite perform at their asking price other in bringing insane amount bass quantity (even a lot more than the famous Beats) if that's a desirable aspect.

I still think the XB 700 was the best bang for you Bass Head buck... EVER. A shame they stopped makin them

Non the less my Modded D2k should be back in my hands... soon ish I think? Mark Lawton has them now [placed my order 3 weeks in advance] so he really has no excuse not to have had the work done by now... we'll see though

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #9,435 of 11,286
They do look pretty badass!  Vin Diesel should be the dude rocking these while firing off a 50 caliber weapon at some bad guys from a moving vehicle jumping over a gorge :D

I like the way you think! Let us know if you get your hands on those MPC's soon, I think I'll be ordering the m-audio's very shortly, just kinda want to wait to hear a few reviews or hands on impressions. Last time I blind bought a pair was sennheiser hd555's and they weren't really my style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back