The Basshead Club
Jan 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #8,821 of 11,286
alright well couldnt grab the x1 on time but oh well :3.. i see the q40 are super bass heavy and cheap could also grab a nice amp/dac but i was wondering anything else under 250 bucks with heavier bass even maybe a really good iem?

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #8,822 of 11,286
  alright well couldnt grab the x1 on time but oh well :3.. i see the q40 are super bass heavy and cheap could also grab a nice amp/dac but i was wondering anything else under 250 bucks with heavier bass even maybe a really good iem?

You can sometimes find an Ultrasone Pro900 for around $250 and I got my Denon D600 I think for $270 and used there are a few of both of these on our for sale board.  I recommend both as well as the Q40.  Love all three basshead phones................

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #8,823 of 11,286
Anyone who uses Foobar2000 and is a basshead will definitely appreciate this DSP extension that works much better than the stock EQ DSP. It's called Bass Exciter and does exactly that...gives the bass quantity that I want out of my Aedle VK-1s!

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #8,824 of 11,286
  Anyone who uses Foobar2000 and is a basshead will definitely appreciate this DSP extension that works much better than the stock EQ DSP. It's called Bass Exciter and does exactly that...gives the bass quantity that I want out of my Aedle VK-1s!

Thanks. Definitely gonna try this when I am home tonight.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #8,825 of 11,286

was it as simple as install and then run inside of FooBar?

I've tried using the VST plugins but all of those are nightmarish 

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #8,827 of 11,286
was it as simple as install and then run inside of FooBar?

I've tried using the VST plugins but all of those are nightmarish 

This one only requires the unpacking of the archive and putting the DSP in the right folder, then setting it up in foobar2000. Haven't encountered any problems with it yet.

Thanks. Definitely gonna try this when I am home tonight.

There's a pretty noticeable difference, pretty nice plugin!

Enjoy :D

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #8,828 of 11,286
This one only requires the unpacking of the archive and putting the DSP in the right folder, then setting it up in foobar2000. Haven't encountered any problems with it yet.

Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Yeah but which folder? I can't figure out how to apply it.

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #8,829 of 11,286

Yeah but which folder? I can't figure out how to apply it.

Stick it in the [wherever you installed foobar2000]\foobar2000\components folder. I put it in my portable HDD, so it's here for me: G:\foobar2000\components\foo_dsp_BassExciter_EN.dll

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #8,830 of 11,286
Alright, well, here goes ... I've been wondering if I belong in this club or not.

My favorite cans are my DT770-250's, which people on other forums seem to have labeled "bass head" cans. I suppose that label is deserved. I also have some Sony MDR 7506's with the Beyer earpad mod, that are also surprisingly nice in the bass region.
I don't know that I would ever go out of my way to buy an amp with a bass boost in it. But I am finding I really enjoy ear-rattling music, heh
L3000.gif

Anyway, more to the point ... with my particular headphone inventory, if you were wanting to buy a "fun" set of cans that were just a bit bassier than the two sets I've mentioned above, what would you buy? Budget would be < $200.

Thank you kindly for your opinions.

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #8,831 of 11,286
  Alright, well, here goes ... I've been wondering if I belong in this club or not.

My favorite cans are my DT770-250's, which people on other forums seem to have labeled "bass head" cans. I suppose that label is deserved. I also have some Sony MDR 7506's with the Beyer earpad mod, that are also surprisingly nice in the bass region.
I don't know that I would ever go out of my way to buy an amp with a bass boost in it. But I am finding I really enjoy ear-rattling music, heh
L3000.gif

Anyway, more to the point ... with my particular headphone inventory, if you were wanting to buy a "fun" set of cans that were just a bit bassier than the two sets I've mentioned above, what would you buy? Budget would be < $200.

Thank you kindly for your opinions.

The M-audio Q40 seems to regarded quite highly here in this club, although I have no personal experience with it.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #8,833 of 11,286

Stick it in the [wherever you installed foobar2000]\foobar2000\components folder. I put it in my portable HDD, so it's here for me: G:\foobar2000\components\foo_dsp_BassExciter_EN.dll

Don't you just drag and drop into the components window when foobar is open? That's what I did, then I just apply, restart foobar, go to dsp manager and configure.

Anyway I'm curious what setting other Q40 owners are using? 

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #8,834 of 11,286

Don't you just drag and drop into the components window when foobar is open? That's what I did, then I just apply, restart foobar, go to dsp manager and configure.

I'm a stickler for old-fashioned ways of installing DSPs 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back