The Basshead Club
Dec 29, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #8,536 of 11,286
  Hey everyone, i need a new pair of earphones and my budget for them would be around $40.You guys might remember im a huge basshead with an equal need for clear mids and highs. Ive been considering the JVC HA-FX3X, JVC HA-FX1X, SoundMAGIC E10, Sony MH1C, and the Senn CX300, what do you guys think of these? I am currently using a pair of Phillips SHE3580 which i believe are pretty big on bass and are only $15 most everywhere. I listen to dubstep mostly so mid bass and sub bass is hugely needed. I dont need super high quality phones, because i know audiophile phones are more expensive and i dont even like audiophile cans=balanced sound, again, im a basshead 
beyersmile.png

So any help, feedback, and recommendations are highly appreciated. Happy Holidays all!

Push your budget to $80 for Denon AH-C300's and you will be a happy camper.  These were selling for $250 last year.  The WOW factor of the bass and sub-bass on these make them the most fun basshead IEMs I have heard anywhere near their price and the mids/highs are respectable.  They are like a Q40 in an IEM, but with even a bit more mid bass.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #8,537 of 11,286
  Push your budget to $80 for Denon AH-C300's and you will be a happy camper.  These were selling for $250 last year.  The WOW factor of the bass and sub-bass on these make them the most fun basshead IEMs I have heard anywhere near their price and the mids/highs are respectable.  They are like a Q40 in an IEM, but with even a bit more mid bass.

Agreed! Lots... of... BASS on the C300s!!!

And speaking of Bass and this being the basshead's thread, I'm planning on starting a U.S. "tour" for the Perfect Sound Dido D901 headphones which I reviewed a couple of weeks ago: http://www.head-fi.org/products/perfect-sound-d901b/reviews/10082
Already PM'ed a couple of head-fi'ers to gauge interest and will probably pick some more of you guys. 
I will start a new thread for it and let you guys know the full info, rules, participants already signed up, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #8,538 of 11,286

And speaking of Bass and this being the basshead's thread, I'm planning on starting a U.S. "tour" for the Perfect Sound Dido D901 headphones which I reviewed a couple of weeks ago: http://www.head-fi.org/products/perfect-sound-d901b/reviews/10082
Already PM'ed a couple of head-fi'ers to gauge interest and will probably pick some more of you guys. 
I will start a new thread for it and let you guys know the full info, rules, participants already signed up, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks.

Damnit, these are the times I wish I were a US citizen. ~_~

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #8,539 of 11,286

Agreed- the C300 will satisfy just about every basshead's desires while having great mids, highs and soundstage at an excellent price to boot...I did some impressions in the C300 thread as well if anyone's interested in reading them :)

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #8,540 of 11,286
I got some Sony XB1000s for Christmas. They really do kick in the lower freqs. They complement my DT990s nicely(1000 for House and Drum and Bass, Dubstep etc, 990s for Trance)

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #8,541 of 11,286

Damnit, these are the times I wish I were a US citizen. ~_~

LOL. IF there's enough interest, a Europe-only tour could be made... #justSaying (i.e. one US tour, one Europe tour)
Once I have all info and create the thread, I'll let you know. :wink:

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #8,544 of 11,286
Hey what would people recommend between the Wooduo 2 and the AH-C300?
I have read both have plenty of bass and sub bass but which maintains detail and has a wider soundstage?
Are they similar or is one just pure bass and no high end sparkle?

Been listening to a lot more electronica and hip-hop and reggae and finding that without amping, my current iems just ain't up to it really.

I dont want to sacrifice clarity, detail and so on, I just want better lows, particularly sub.

Thanks

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #8,546 of 11,286

I'm planning on starting a U.S. "tour" for the Perfect Sound Dido D901 headphones which I reviewed a couple of weeks ago: http://www.head-fi.org/products/perfect-sound-d901b/reviews/10082

Thanks.

What do you mean by a "US Tour" like you guys go around the US with your D901's to let people try them out in like events? Or exactly what do you mean by that?

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #8,547 of 11,286
What do you mean by a "US Tour" like you guys go around the US with your D901's to let people try them out in like events? Or exactly what do you mean by that?

All via mail dude! :wink: People that are accepted in the tour will have the headphone shipped, they could try it for 3 or 4 days and ship the headphones to the next user and so on.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #8,548 of 11,286
What do you guys think about the Denon AH-C100's versus the C300's? C100's are like half the price, but i would still love to get the C300's based on what you guys are saying. What do you guys also think about the JVC HA-FX3X, JVC HA-FX1X, SoundMAGIC E10, Sony MH1C, and the Senn CX300? Which one out of all of those (including the Denon C300's and 100's) is the best, meaning best of bass, sub bass, and clarity in mids & highs in one IEM?

Oh also, would any of those IEM's be as good as the M Audio Q40's? I ask because if one of those earphones will be as good as the q40's, i should just get that pair of earphones and save some money, right? But if the q40's will really be worth it, ill still get them. Havent been able to go check out and buy the q40's, hopefully soon this week 
confused_face.gif

Those quotes below really make me want to get the Denon AH-C300's, but $80? I hope i have just enough for those, the Q40's (read last paragraph) and the new monitor i need to get.

Agreed! Lots... of... BASS on the C300s!!!

Agreed- the C300 will satisfy just about every basshead's desires while having great mids, highs and soundstage at an excellent price to boot...I did some impressions in the C300 thread as well if anyone's interested in reading them :)

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #8,549 of 11,286
All via mail dude! :wink: People that are accepted in the tour will have the headphone shipped, they could try it for 3 or 4 days and ship the headphones to the next user and so on.

That would be really awesome, you just need to get security? more locked down, like someone could just keep them and not return them. You could make them sign an e-contract or mail them a contract first or make the receivers put down some collateral first.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #8,550 of 11,286

While I can't speak to the IEM comparison you are requesting (it is obviously much more challenging to demo IEMs vs. headphones for hygenic reasons- for some reason I just had a vision of a big wad of ear wax stuck to a silicon tip),  one big difference I see between the AH-C100 is the design.  The C300 comes with a ton of ear fittings including multiples sizes and types of tips and a unique, secure fit ear stabilizer, similar to the new Bose design and Monster I-sport, but with 3 sizing options.  One could do a full gymnastics routine and not have these fall out of your ear.  The secure fit of an IEM has a significant impact on bass performance.  Additionally, the C300 is a two-driver setup AND has Iphone controls directly on the earcup!  While multiple driver vs. single driver doesn't guarantee better sound, I can only restate what I mentioned in a previous post- that the C300 sounds as close as any IEM I have heard to the circumaural Q40.  In other words, the C300 seems to have it all over the C100 and IMO would be the best value.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back