The Basshead Club
Dec 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #8,356 of 11,286

The Westone 3 is on sale at the moment - look up some reviews and see how it compares?

Otherwise, the Astrotec AX60 is pretty heavy on the bass.

Welcome to the community - over to you, guys!

Thanks for feedback. how about westone 4? is it not for "bassheads"?

Is this the westone 3 u were referring?

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Three-Driver-Universal-Earphone-Black/dp/B001MBLBXQ/ref=pd_cp_MI_1

this one is different i guess?

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Musicians-Universal-Earphone-Removable/dp/B003R0FJKG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386243322&sr=8-3&keywords=Westone+3

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #8,357 of 11,286
Hello,

I am new to this community. I can describe myself as a basshead and I listen to heavy metal music mostly (thrash, gothic...). Can you please sugggest iems? Budget is 500-600 usd.

MY DAP is iphone 4. I do not plan to use any amp. My current iem is ATH cks90. It does not fit very well and I cant feel the bass much :) I believe there are better alternatives. I am not an audiophile so i am new to most terms here :)

Thanks in advance :)

Budget IEM I have is the V-MODA O Positive. $50, nice soundstage, good bass. Like a little M100 in your pocket.

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #8,360 of 11,286
Boys whoever told me that I ain't heard nothing yet when I did just plug in my ZO2.3 with my T50RP...

You were damn right! Holy James, pairing my BH with my ZO is actually a must! I love it definitely.

Now what is this Woojer? I like things like this, don't tickle me or my wallet will hate me haha :wink:

Great thanks :) I will look into it.

If I can give you an advice, search for a ZO. You don't need to go the amp route all the way since you're not an audiophile, but you will definitely want a ZO. It WILL change your life with your iPhone. And it is damn slim and tiny, you will forget it in your pocket.
I actually run an iPhone 5 as portable source and I know well the older models too :)

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #8,361 of 11,286
Boys whoever told me that I ain't heard nothing yet when I did just plug in my ZO2.3 with my T50RP...

You were damn right! Holy James, pairing my BH with my ZO is actually a must! I love it definitely.

Now what is this Woojer? I like things like this, don't tickle me or my wallet will hate me haha
wink.gif

If I can give you an advice, search for a ZO. You don't need to go the amp route all the way since you're not an audiophile, but you will definitely want a ZO. It WILL change your life with your iPhone. And it is damn slim and tiny, you will forget it in your pocket.
I actually run an iPhone 5 as portable source and I know well the older models too
smily_headphones1.gif

Dude I just love ur Avatar... 

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #8,362 of 11,286
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #8,363 of 11,286

What's the news on the inbound D2000?  Got a tracking number? 

Man, Jimmy sent it out, waiting on Martin at this point. Emailed him to day to let him know YO I GOT DA MONEY lemmie know when u got da PHONE

No word back from him. Going to email Jimmy again tommorow. 

In other news my Vali Shipped today <3

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #8,364 of 11,286

Now what is this Woojer? I like things like this, don't tickle me or my wallet will hate me haha :wink:
I actually run an iPhone 5 as portable source and I know well the older models too :)

Thanks but amazon does not ship to my country.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #8,367 of 11,286
Those C300 looks like they are about the only IEMs which would satisfy my needs for bass + overall decent performance. Actually the $15 Koss SparkPlugs have nice bass for me probably due to the fit but overall sound lacks a lot of refinement. 

Why? Only by looking at the Goldenears graph I can tell these pack some unusual aspect in bass for IEMs, they don't only rumble, but they pack a punch to the bass, that's my number 1 complaint with IEMs bass, they just don't give the punch or impact of fullsized sealed basshead headphones but these looks like they might. The bass isn't too skewed towards below 100Hz which if looking at IEM frequency responses usually do; extend further the deeper the bass goes which leads to somewhat rumbly but punchiless bass.

If any1 wants to trade a barely used ATH-CKS70 (less than 2 hrs) for Denon C300 I'm in. :p

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #8,368 of 11,286
  Those C300 looks like they are about the only IEMs which would satisfy my needs for bass + overall decent performance. Actually the $15 Koss SparkPlugs have nice bass for me probably due to the fit but overall sound lacks a lot of refinement. 

Why? Only by looking at the Goldenears graph I can tell these pack some unusual aspect in bass for IEMs, they don't only rumble, but they pack a punch to the bass, that's my number 1 complaint with IEMs bass, they just don't give the punch or impact of fullsized sealed basshead headphones but these looks like they might. The bass isn't too skewed towards below 100Hz which if looking at IEM frequency responses usually do; extend further the deeper the bass goes which leads to somewhat rumbly but punchiless bass.

If any1 wants to trade a barely used ATH-CKS70 (less than 2 hrs) for Denon C300 I'm in. :p

The AH-C300 absolutely has the punch.  I cant believe they are only $80 on Amazon! 
gs1000.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #8,369 of 11,286
I miss my D2000's. I need to find a way to fill that spot with a $200 budget...any suggestions? I've had a suggestion for DT770/80's and Soundmagic HP100's. I want something with plenty of bass but also a decent (even if needing some EQ-ing) mid and hi without being too peircing. I'm a basshead and want it to be able to go loud too. I'm driving my HP's off of my Denon AVR-1613...which blows my FiiO E9 away! Now to find something in my budget to replace the greatest headphones I have ever owned and listened to. My HARX700's and DX3's are pretty damn good...the DX3's go deep but just can't do the punch the D2000's had...though I'll give the DX3's a nod to how clear everything else is...too much bass will distort em at loud volumes where the D2000's would spit out some nice n' heavy n deep bass that would give me chills.

Any way I can find something close? Is the HP100 or 770 as good as I can get for $200 or so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back