The Basshead Club
Dec 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #8,342 of 11,286
Dec 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #8,343 of 11,286
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #8,344 of 11,286
Had the biggest basshead FUUUU moment. My third pair of M100s came in today, the others broke and got warranty replacement.
The pads ripped when trying to change to the XL pads. I eventually got it off.
Aftermath:

This little hexagon thing that makes the pads click into place was obstructing the headphone.

It was simple, it just clicked out.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #8,345 of 11,286
No, it's a response device that goes near your sternum. You actually feel the sound.

neato but eww oh wait, I would have to go line out to amp then to widger then to headphones? 

I think I'm good with out <3 but still for the ampless community this is going t be totally awesome! 

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #8,346 of 11,286
  This device is quite interesting, a portable subwoofer?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1382889335/woojer-feel-the-sound?ref=category

Whilst I am tempted to kick into this right away, I'm feeling that "you REALLY need to try this first" sensation. I can't help but feel that I'll get a tiny little plastic rumble pack in my mailbox in several months..

Hmm. I like the idea, I really do. Maybe I'll do the smart thing and wait for a few more reviews to come out first.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #8,347 of 11,286

Whilst I am tempted to kick into this right away, I'm feeling that "you REALLY need to try this first" sensation. I can't help but feel that I'll get a tiny little plastic rumble pack in my mailbox in several months..

Hmm. I like the idea, I really do. Maybe I'll do the smart thing and wait for a few more reviews to come out first.

Sounds like a god idea.

I'd like to see how it works out! I do find that headphones like the HE 400 and DT 880, have a nice DIG into the side of ur head with Sub Bass [the HE 400 being the best] I think for me that's enough! STill the idea seems really cool! If I was keeping the UE 6000 I think the two would make a killer combo

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #8,348 of 11,286
I almost like it. The only thing that this would be good at, in my opinion, would be gaming. It's basically like the buttkicker, but on your body. For music listening, I don't think I'd like the experience. 

Let's see if you guys can figure out another "use" for it 
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #8,349 of 11,286
I almost like it. The only thing that this would be good at, in my opinion, would be gaming. It's basically like the buttkicker, but on your body. For music listening, I don't think I'd like the experience. 

Let's see if you guys can figure out another "use" for it :wink:

Watch movies with it would be pretty awesome. (so would a rumble chair.. )

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #8,350 of 11,286
Watch movies with it would be pretty awesome. (so would a rumble chair.. )

For portable audio it does seem really cool! 

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #8,352 of 11,286

rumble on your solar plexus. Great idea, :clap:

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #8,353 of 11,286
Hello,

I am new to this community. I can describe myself as a basshead and I listen to heavy metal music mostly (thrash, gothic...). Can you please sugggest iems? Budget is 500-600 usd.

MY DAP is iphone 4. I do not plan to use any amp. My current iem is ATH cks90. It does not fit very well and I cant feel the bass much :) I believe there are better alternatives. I am not an audiophile so i am new to most terms here :)

Thanks in advance :)

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #8,354 of 11,286
  Hello,

I am new to this community. I can describe myself as a basshead and I listen to heavy metal music mostly (thrash, gothic...). Can you please sugggest iems? Budget is 500-600 usd.

MY DAP is iphone 4. I do not plan to use any amp. My current iem is ATH cks90. It does not fit very well and I cant feel the bass much :) I believe there are better alternatives. I am not an audiophile so i am new to most terms here :)

Thanks in advance :)

The Westone 3 is on sale at the moment - look up some reviews and see how it compares?

Otherwise, the Astrotec AX60 is pretty heavy on the bass.

Welcome to the community - over to you, guys!

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #8,355 of 11,286

Guess with this the rest of the body would get the same treatment as the ears. :) At first I thought what a gimmick feature, then I thought, hmm, why not? One step closer to experiencing at home:

Of course, a headphone isn't going to be a replacement for a 40.000 W system or whatever they use.

Lasers & atmosphere, still working on it! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back