The Basshead Club
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #9,346 of 11,286
  lol you're the second person to say "sorry about your wallet", is that like a slogan here or something? lol

No everybody here is worried about you...seriously....

In the last 7 days I bought Ultrasone 580's (Crap)  and M-Audio Q40 (broke) and have pre ordered a new release slated for Friday. It's a joke...about your wallet...but then again it's not a joke. You should run.

***Come here....closer....shhhh, get out now..don't tell em I told you...there are cameras in the ceilings and listening devices everywhere...they are watching you and they are going to get your money,***

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #9,347 of 11,286

No everybody here is worried about you...seriously....

In the last 7 days I bought Ultrasone 580's (Crap)  and M-Audio Q40 (broke) and have pre ordered a new release slated for Friday. It's a joke...about your wallet...but then again it's not a joke. You should run.

***Come here....closer....shhhh, get out now..don't tell em I told you...there are cameras in the ceilings and listening devices everywhere...they are watching you and they are going to get your money,***

Well then, hahaha, I appreciate the concern (whether genuine or a joke) but I'm actually not doing too bad financially, the low price range is just a matter of budgeting, I've got higher priority things (Car, recording equipment, and other financial obligations) and besides, being that I've only in the last year or so become a bit of a headphone junkie, I'd rather not jump to high up on the ladder, I'd rather work my way up so to have a irrationally large collection and experience different levels of quality headphones :p

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #9,348 of 11,286

JBL "BassLine"

http://jbl.harman-japan.co.jp/product.php?id=bassline

Lotta stuff coming in the next few weeks.

Those look interesting. Very interesting. Having been impressed by JBL for a while I have to admit that I'm fond of their products. I've got two of their speaker docks for iDevices, and it's pretty darned incredible how good and LOUD they sound, given their small footprint.

lol you're the second person to say "sorry about your wallet", is that like a slogan here or something? lol

Considering that this is an addictive hobby (most start with one, then upgradeitis or sidegradeitis hits), and headphones aren't given away for free, yeah .. Sorry about your wallet. 

It's a slogan.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #9,349 of 11,286
  ... I'd rather work my way up so to have a irrationally large collection and experience different levels of quality headphones :p

This one's lost, fellas.

Welcome aboard. Be sure to visit the other clubs as well, because as much as we love bass, it's good to have some kind of sonic alternative as well. If you're serious about getting that irrationally large collection of yours.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #9,350 of 11,286

JBL "BassLine"

http://jbl.harman-japan.co.jp/product.php?id=bassline

Lotta stuff coming in the next few weeks.

fwiw that design looks  a lot like the spider powerforce and is the most uncomfortable clunky design to date for me. and i am not picky with headphone comfort. 
same pads and everything.
though mine look old now actually I gave them to my 9 year old son.
notice the same hinges and pads and pretty much everything. Atleast the jbl doesnt look like spiderman hp's. Good isolation though. REALLY good isolation. beats type bass. I wouldnt be surprises if those jbls sound the same. 

my lights are off but trust me when I say its identical build for sure

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #9,351 of 11,286
Most likely the same OEM stuff, only in a different package. Here's a FR measurement of the Spider PowerForce. They are actually pretty decent budget basshead headphones but I wish they were true circumaural, most people would have fitting issues with these.

The graph suggest very punchy bass in these like the hill-shaped curve centered around 75Hz hints about. I personally like these kinds of bass curves, it's what I'm looking for, ideally rolling off before 200Hz and peaks around 80Hz or so and rolls-off a bit down deep which increases the punchiness and snappiness and can aid to bring better texture than if it was going linearly down to 10Hz or whatever, so I see this as a strength, not as a weakness.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #9,352 of 11,286
The PowerForce are actually good cans (had them as well).
Being on-ears was a thing for me since I don't usually enjoy them but these weren't the worst on-ears I've had.
And yes, bass is plentiful and in good taste! So If the JBL are like that, then those will be other Bass cans to add to the list...

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #9,353 of 11,286
Right, manned up and finally ordered the Alpha Pads for my Q40. Gogogo!

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #9,356 of 11,286
If they have the same sound as XB800/900 indeed VERY bassy, a bit more midbass than subbass and the quality is nothing to write home about either but that bass power though...

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #9,357 of 11,286
How are the Sony MDR X10

I like mine a lot, specially at current prices. My favorite cans. Of course I EQ them depending on my source and music but that goes for any headphone since no headphone is going to be the perfect one for you.
It is on the warmer side but still detailed and I prefer that over ear piercing bright ones so it is great to me. The fit is very tight and sealed so I never feel like is lose and of course, when you need bass, it can give all the bass you could want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back