The Basshead Club
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #6,511 of 11,286
Quote:
Who here thinks that it would be a good idea for Fostex to start reproducing the D2K/D5K as the TH100 and TH300 respectively. (Because there would be little need for a rebrand of the D7K, with the TH600 in that price point)

Most definitely! They are good cans, but meanwhile they can do some slight tweaks to make it faultless. Like say the slight peaky treble for the d5k and recessed lower mids of the d2k, also the muffledness of the d5k and d2k. If they solved all those problems, they can just take my money already!

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #6,512 of 11,286
Just a fast Question,
I really liked the xb500 but they were stolen,
so should i buy the xb910 or the beats solo hd as a portable headphone.
What have the better/more bass and which has the better audio-quality.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #6,513 of 11,286
Just a fast Question,
I really liked the xb500 but they were stolen,
so should i buy the xb910 or the beats solo hd as a portable headphone.
What have the better/more bass and which has the better audio-quality.

It's in your best interest to avoid Beats (especially the Solo). I think you should look at the M-Audio Q40 or the Audio Technica Pro700mk2.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #6,515 of 11,286
The Solo HD's
and with a little bit EQ work i find them pretty good,
Also I only have the choice between the beats and the xb910.

Well, I haven't heard the XB910, but I was pretty impressed with the XB600, if that is any testament to the XB910. I still find the Solo HD to be unlistenable. It sounds like the music is being covered my a pillow.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #6,518 of 11,286
Just picked myself up a pair of Q40s. Huge bass, but I'm still a noob and i'm still learning how to use them effectively. Any advice for a new basshead?

Great choice. Have them, love them. Search the M-Audio thread and read through it for some good info.

My input - get some Shure 840 ($14), HiFiMan leather ($20) or Beyerdynamic gel (hard to find) and swap them for the stockers. Add a rope length under the pads if you want a deeper cup and clearance for your ears. Get a V-Moda audio only cable ($12) and get rid of the stocker. Stretch out the headband a bit IF you don't like the clamp.

You are now set. Enjoy. Good amp, some tasty tunes and enjoy the thumping.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #6,520 of 11,286
I wouldnt mind an amp at all. I've been eyeing the objective 2. Thoughts?

Couldnt find the gel pads on amazon, ebay or the beyerdynamic site. But i like the hifiman pads. Honestly i'm so used to a pair of xb500 pads (clouds) that i dont know what to do lol.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #6,521 of 11,286
I wouldnt mind an amp at all. I've been eyeing the objective 2. Thoughts?

Couldnt find the gel pads on amazon, ebay or the beyerdynamic site. But i like the hifiman pads. Honestly i'm so used to a pair of xb500 pads (clouds) that i dont know what to do lol.

The Shure pads are a bit softer than the HiFiMan pads. And by the way, both replacement pads will hang over the cups instead of being squeezed between the two plastic parts (you'll see what I mean when you pull the stockers off).

Amp - got a budget? Portable or desktop?

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #6,522 of 11,286
Quote:
The Shure pads are a bit softer than the HiFiMan pads. And by the way, both replacement pads will hang over the cups instead of being squeezed between the two plastic parts (you'll see what I mean when you pull the stockers off).

Amp - got a budget? Portable or desktop?

Oh ok. I wasnt "Shure" (seewutididthar) if they would fit but they must since you really like them. Though i might have been looking at the wrong ones. They were oval.

Um budget should be < 150. and portable to the extent that it has to be something i can carry around at least in a backpack (I'll mostly be taking them to class / study sessions after class on campus) so rechargable / battery option.

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #6,523 of 11,286
Oh ok. I wasnt "Shure" (seewutididthar) if they would fit but they must since you really like them. Though i might have been looking at the wrong ones. They were oval.

Um budget should be < 150. and portable to the extent that it has to be something i can carry around at least in a backpack (I'll mostly be taking them to class / study sessions after class on campus) so rechargable / battery option.

The Shure 840 pads are a bit oval. It's ok, they fit - shurely.

The portable amps are the size of an iPhone or smaller for the most part. I only have experience with the following -

JDS Labs C421 - has a bass boost, sound field and gain option switches, clean power and well built. Bought it for $105 used. Out of production, replaced by the C-5 at a cost of apx $150ish.

FiiO E-11 - $50ish, available new and used on Amazon. Three level bass boost. Cell battery, not usable while charging. Decent sound.

C&C BK - apx $100, very small and compact, has bass boost, sound field and gain switch options. Battery charge lasts 80 hours or something crazy like that.

Digizoid ZO - the basshead dream. Apx $100 used or new available. Known as the subwoofer amp with 32 levels of bass boost.

I'm sure the other guys can add to this. This is a list just from my experience personally.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #6,524 of 11,286
There is a comprehensive list of bass boost amps in the OP.

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #6,525 of 11,286
So no one really recomends the O2 for bassheads then?

You're really selling the Digizoid ZO there Origonian lol. Is that the same as the ZO2? Oh wow and there are rumors of a ZO3?

Yeah I saw the list, but I know next to nothing about amps. Hearing about some personal experiences (of which im reading all over the forums) is super helpful for a noob like me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back