The Basshead Club
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #3,813 of 11,286
I personally have not listened to them but you should ask either Craigster, because I believe he has listened to both (not sure though), but Danny93 has the DT770 and has the M100 coming in. However, your choice is not sound quality only. Where you will be using them is also a factor. I would pick the M100 if you want to use them outside.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3,814 of 11,286
Quote:
Are the V-Moda m-100 even considered bass head cans? I've heard people saying that the m-80 have more bass than them? That doesn't even make sense?

Yes they are from what I read, but since they are more detailed than the M-80s, they have less bass quantity, but better bass quality.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #3,815 of 11,286
Quote:
I personally have not listened to them but you should ask either Craigster, because I believe he has listened to both (not sure though), but Danny93 has the DT770 and has the M100 coming in. However, your choice is not sound quality only. Where you will be using them is also a factor. I would pick the M100 if you want to use them outside.

What do you mean by outside?
I want to be able to use them on car rides, but i doubt i will just sit outside and listen to music if that is what you mean.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,819 of 11,286
Any of you bassheads try the ATH WS55?? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #3,821 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:
Yes they are from what I read, but since they are more detailed than the M-80s, they have less bass quantity, but better bass quality.

Would they be able to shake the whole headphone if you turn up the bass all the way up for those moments before the gym? Haha

Yes to all of this. I haven't heard the M-80, nor the DT770/80, but I'm prettttty sure they both extend deeper. That said the bass presence and quality in the M-100s is pretty there. They rattle in my hands holding the cups together, and with the ZO.... PFFFFFTTTTTT rediculous. Still wish they extended further, but they're not meant to be bass monsters, but have quality bass, and that they do. 

Would I call them a basshead can? Sure, but depends on what kind of basshead you are; If it's about quality (and presence) over quantity, then these are definitely the cans you want (like myself). If you want IN YOUR FACE BASS like the XBs supposedly offers, then the M-100 might disappoint, however there's quite the rumble. I GET the 'purr' now. It's felt more than anything. Your headphones rumble on your head, and (I forget where I read it, but I'll reiterate it here) once you start feeling the bass rather than listening for it, that's when these cans really shine. Might not be a basshead can, but EQing or bass boost will turn these into MONSTERS.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #3,822 of 11,286
Quote:

I listened to the DT770 a long time ago.  From what I remember, they fall short of the M-100 in the bass department.  However, I did not audition the DT770 with an amp.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #3,823 of 11,286
I listened to the DT770 a long time ago.  From what I remember, they fall short of the M-100 in the bass department.  However, I did not audition the DT770 with an amp.

With an amp is where they shine...especially a Zo or even better a E11 as it gives it some serious juice, and the DT770 has tons of sub bass (one you feel) and not too much mid bass, and the bass boost on the E11 mainly boosts the mid bass so it's a great pairing!

I really do love my Dt770s and they extend really deep...but I dont do much home listening hence me going for the M100 for use around campus (Im at uni)

The only issue with them is the slightly recessed mids but for most of EDM it don't matter! I'm listening to some more indie stuff now!

If you can wait a few days I will have the M100 in and could do a comparison...ATM they are at customs awaiting payment (£57.99! :O)
However I'm no audiophile so dont expect some crazy good review LOL!

I might even be selling the Beyers if your interested as i dont really use them THAT much any more!

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #3,825 of 11,286
Those are already on the list. We talked about them probably ten or so pages back (more?). According to their frequency graphs, they have bass quantity comparable to the M-100, but they're way too bright at 3.5KHz and 10-15KHz. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back