The Basshead Club
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,796 of 11,286
Well grabbed myself a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro (80 ohm) & very happy with them so far. Stuck Rog Mogale's 30Hz breakbeat test track on & was pleasantly surprised that they actually reproduced the notes! Also hella comfy & feel pretty sturdily built.

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,799 of 11,286
So something stylish, durable and bass heavy? V-Moda.... Pretty much.
Get the LP if you just want BASS.
LP2 if you want some more clarity and slightly less bass than the LP.
M100 if you want something with more clarity and less bass.
Or perhaps a PRO700MK2 with an E11.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #3,801 of 11,286
Fellow bassheads, I have a test for you. If you have an LED clock like this (it has to be one with color), I want you to find your bassiest song and blast it out before it distorts. When you look at the clock, the numbers should start jiggling. If they don't, then that means that either you don't have the right type of clock. your song isn't that bassy, or you aren't a basshead :D

Edit: I've been playing around with it, and Bingo Players - L'Amour seems to do it pretty well. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,803 of 11,286
Quote:
Are the V-Moda m-100 even considered bass head cans? I've heard people saying that the m-80 have more bass than them? That doesn't even make sense?

Those are probably the same people that believe the world is going to end in 2012.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,805 of 11,286
Well I should be receiving them within the next couple of weeks...I will post my opinions when they come!
I'm expecting them to have much better mids and more mid bass, sub bass would probably lean towards the DT770 as you say!
I don't really do THAT much home listening so the portability of the M100 is a big plus for me!

Nice, keep us updated!

Well grabbed myself a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro (80 ohm) & very happy with them so far. Stuck Rog Mogale's 30Hz breakbeat test track on & was pleasantly surprised that they actually reproduced the notes! Also hella comfy & feel pretty sturdily built.

Glad to hear you like them, they have a deep extension in the sub bass with low distortion with a large soundstage. Nice combo, hence my inability to find another pair of fun bass cans for variety reasons.

How is the portability on those?

Tbh they are kinda light but a bit getting a bit large and don't fold up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back