The Basshead Club
Nov 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #3,286 of 11,286
Okay, so this weekend I developed a certifiably severe addiction to uplifting happy hardcore with thin yet inspiring/strong female lyrics. Any songs/artists you guys suggest? Also, this has to be the most amazing indie game ever developed for xbox (yes it is related) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29xyS9yQZA&feature=fvwrel

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3,287 of 11,286
Quote:
Yeah, Tyll said the M-100 is the best basshead headphone ever and that he's gonna put them in his "wall of fame". 
L3000.gif

I was thinking the new ultrasone signature dj would be.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #3,288 of 11,286
Maybe the new AKG K267 Tiesto will suprise? The little brother K167 is already recieving raving feedback as an exceptionally detailed DJ headphone (appearently it's not THAT bassheavy) and nicely balanced for such. Some1 already thought it sounded more detailed than for example HD25-II, Pioneer HDJ (2000 has MSRP $349 mind you, overpriced? Yes but still) and TMAs all which are expensier than the AKGs (~$180 atm as lowest price on the net)  

http://www.steven-james.com/2012/11/14/akg-tiesto-k167-the-best-sounding-dj-headphones-ive-heard/

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #3,289 of 11,286
Quote:
Maybe the new AKG K267 Tiesto will suprise? The little brother K167 is already recieving raving feedback as an exceptionally detailed DJ headphone (appearently it's not THAT bassheavy) and nicely balanced for such. Some1 already thought it sounded more detailed than for example HD25-II, Pioneer HDJ (2000 has MSRP $349 mind you, overpriced? Yes but still) and TMAs all which are expensier than the AKGs (~$180 atm as lowest price on the net)  

http://www.steven-james.com/2012/11/14/akg-tiesto-k167-the-best-sounding-dj-headphones-ive-heard/

AKG isn't shy about cup size....if they were removable they could double as a frisbee :wink:  Seriously though, if the cups are the same size as the K550's which it looks like they are, they just won't work for me as I can't get a decent seal with the K550 due to their cup size which seriously impacts their sound for me. (They sound much better if I hold my hands on the cups and press against my ear, but it isn't exactly practical to walk around like that all day.)
thumb.php

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #3,290 of 11,286
Quote:

AKG isn't shy about cup size....if they were removable they could double as a frisbee :wink:  Seriously though, if the cups are the same size as the K550's which it looks like they are, they just won't work for me as I can't get a decent seal with the K550 due to their cup size which seriously impacts their sound for me. (They sound much better if I hold my hands on the cups and press against my ear, but it isn't exactly practical to walk around like that all day.)

It isn't so much the cup size but also the light clamp force which the Tiestos have fixed, they should have stronger clamping than that of K550 at least. For me adequate clamping is important, something I've learned to appriciate with the Q40 as long as it's comfortable which it is with the Q40 for me.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #3,291 of 11,286
Yar clamping is nice... the Xb700 does not clamp well there is no isolation but there is always bass

the Dt 880 [not a bass can] has WONDERFUL clamp and has nice bass for me! The point being, the clamp makes a difference... as the Sony's have like no mid bass... partially due to BAD clamp I think and the Driver having such a heavy mid roll off e.e

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #3,292 of 11,286
Think I have the final lineup for the shoot out now: M100, Philips Fidelio L1, Sennheiser Momentum, Skullcandy Aviator.

All are reported to have good bass with extension and impact but also controlled. Other desirable qualities for me, smooth but detailed mids and highs. In line remote is a must (which is a bit of a mark down for the M100 as the 3 button is extra). Must be easily drivable from iPhone 4s and iPad without amplification. Not too big but comfy and ideally good looking.

Just waiting for the M100 to be released over here and battle can commence. Any thoughts most welcome.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #3,295 of 11,286
Hey guys, I thought as a unashamed basshead, I should introduce myself - a few of you will recognize me. My favorite bass phones are the MG6Pro CIEM. Truly remarkable. The only thing I've heard that gives the 250,000 watt, jarred-innards nighclub feel. 

I am currently in possession of ths Signature DJ, and they are a quite fine bass can. I was looking for something a little more bassy however, a larger departure form the Signature Pro that I already own. The SDJ does not fit a hole for me that I don't have covered. I can EQ my Sig Pro to sound like the SDJ, or even better. 

I am STILL on my quest for an over-ear bass can that gives me ear-tickling quality bass that punches like a pro-tuned nightclub. I tried the XB1000 and couldn't get past the smeared-together highs. The detail compared to the Pro 900 steered me away. I sold the Pro 900 twice trying to make THEM work, but the piercing highs ruined it every time.

Gonna just ask the experts. What is the official Basshead Club recommendation for ridiculous bass, while preserving quality, and mids/highs that work well without being piercing? And is able to put out some power!
Quote:
I was thinking the new ultrasone signature dj would be.

Going to play with some EQ tonight to see how much more bass I can tease out.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #3,297 of 11,286
Just playing with my freshly arrived Sony XBA-4 iem. Hookup up to my Fiio E7 & computer, I have to say, these can put out tons of bass that remains super tight at all times. Listening now to Alex Niggemann's Curious now gets a whole new dimension, even compared to my old monster turbines. Never would have expected this from a BA iem. But the woofer and superwoofers drivers in these sure do their work well.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back