The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Aug 30, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,651 of 1,853
  @slair76116

JVC HP-DX1000

And I'm not trying to sell mine to you. I have a buyer who I'm waiting on a PayPal transfer from. I'm going to buy them again at some point but have to sell them to get a DAC.

The SZ2000 can get you what you want for cheap IF you're willing to EQ heavily. They're extremely capable headphones with the most bass potential of any can out there, but they kinda sound crappy the way they are tuned by default.

They're rather polarizing from what I've heard other people say. You either love them or you hate them and its the same with their IEMs.

That's what I mean with the EQ. If you can be bothered then they may work. 

EDIT: They also need a pad swap to sound their best.
  I've been told that the LCD-2 are a good upgrade for my HD650's and they will pair well with my Burson Conductor Virtuoso.

Is this the kind of headphones you recommend ?

I really wanted a cheap bass heavy can with clean and tight Bass, it doesn't have to be monitor grade, It's just for some hiphop and dancehall music which I love.

Having said cheap I would consider $1000 affordable. no offense intended to anyone.

Yea, that's the kind. As a generalization, planars have deep flat bass which can hit hard when called for while still having really good mids. I recommend the non-fazored edition as on the fazor edition the bass seems to be rolled off a bit and I didn't like it as much. Just keep in mind that the LCD-2 has rolled-off treble and a smallish soundstage for an open can. The headband design is also incredibly bad to say the least and weight distribution is incredibly poor.

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,652 of 1,853
  They're rather polarizing from what I've heard other people say. You either love them or you hate them and its the same with their IEMs.

That's what I mean with the EQ. If you can be bothered then they may work. 

EDIT: They also need a pad swap to sound their best.
Yea, that's the kind. As a generalization, planars have deep flat bass which can hit hard when called for while still having really good mids. I recommend the non-fazored edition as on the fazor edition the bass seems to be rolled off a bit and I didn't like it as much. Just keep in mind that the LCD-2 has rolled-off treble and a smallish soundstage for an open can. The headband design is also incredibly bad to say the least and weight distribution is incredibly poor.

Strange as I did some research some time back and my final impressions were the LCD 2.2 Fazor editions were the ones to go for, I'm currently collecting cash for it.

They were suppose to be close to the sonic signature of my HD650's but better.

I'm wondering if I should sell all I have and just go for a Stax set and call it a day!
mad.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,653 of 1,853
Man, it's been a while since I've been here....
Today I decided to go through my stuff from storage to make sure it's still working.
I dug this up and it still sounds great! Love the bass on this thing.

This is definitely going back into the rotation.

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #1,654 of 1,853
@RoMee- what is that setup? 

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,656 of 1,853
  It's my M Audio Q40 and 128GB 5.5G Ipod with a Fiio E07​K

Looks a bit modded..............like you removed the stock grill.................do tell!

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,657 of 1,853
  Man, it's been a while since I've been here....
Today I decided to go through my stuff from storage to make sure it's still working.
I dug this up and it still sounds great! Love the bass on this thing.

This is definitely going back into the rotation.

Looks like there are some extra bass ports on them as well?

I've got a DT770 shell coming in the mail that'll be receiving some Sony XB1000 drivers and HM5 pads. Looking forward to that. Oh, and I got an LCD-2F and SD-3 on the way. There's a lot of bass in my near future.

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,658 of 1,853
My journey is just beginning, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.  I started with the Sennheiser HD 650 and wasn't satisfied so I moved to the AKG K712 and then Sennheiser HD 700.  Craving more bass I started a couple threads and was turned on to the AudioQuest NightHawk.  These are still very new on the market but I am thoroughly enjoying the bass on these.  They blow the previous three models mentioned out of the water in bass and sound quality as well as overall quality.  If I didn't know they were semi-open beforehand I would have said these were close-back headphones.  Being new to the market, and the fact that I am new to hi-fi and Head-Fi, I can only encourage some others to give them a shot!  They are bordering on high-priced for many at $600, but they are worth that much as far as I'm concerned compared to what I have had the chance to hear.  The reviews on this site seem to be mixed on these due to the sound signature.  For my genre preferences of Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B, Metal, Rock/Indie, and EDM, these are perfect.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #1,659 of 1,853
Hey, if anyone could help me out, what is considered the best On-Ear basshead headphones out there today.  Both quantity and/or quality.  Thanks.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,661 of 1,853
  Hey, if anyone could help me out, what is considered the best On-Ear basshead headphones out there today.  Both quantity and/or quality.  Thanks.

Are you dead set on "on ear"?  Over ear we can give many good recommendations with the increased comfort they afford. 

Also, what is your budget?

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,663 of 1,853

I've got a DT770 shell coming in the mail that'll be receiving some Sony XB1000 drivers and HM5 pads. Looking forward to that. 

that sounds really cool - id love to see pics when you get down to it

To kinda hijack his question a little I'm looking for some good over ear's. Budget would be around $250ish...

in order to help us help you (XD) please supply some details:
whats your budget?
whats the intended use of these headphones? and what music do you listen to? or are they for gaming?
whats your setup? amp? no amp? phone? computer? both? etc.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #1,665 of 1,853

that sounds really cool - id love to see pics when you get down to it

in order to help us help you (XD) please supply some details:
whats your budget?
whats the intended use of these headphones? and what music do you listen to? or are they for gaming?
whats your setup? amp? no amp? phone? computer? both? etc.

Budget is right in the neighborhood of $250
I listen to just about every genre of music, but I listen to old school rap 80s-90s, old school R&B 70s-90s, and blues the most. I will game with them every now and then, definitely use more for music though
Music will be coming out of my Note 5 and as of now no amp, although I do plan on getting an amp in the near future. Should I get an amp now and the headphones later? Or vice versa? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back