The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Oct 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,666 of 1,853
Are the ATH-m50X any good? Speaker went out on my SOL Republic Master Tracks, and was going to return them for those. Also have the Pro700MK2 coming today in the mail. It's at my local post office now

The M50x are not remotely basshead headphones. Also, the Pro700Mk2 are pretty veiled. If you don't love their sound and can return them, the WS99 is a much more sparkly V-shaped sound with roughly the same bass potential and fit (but doesn't clamp hard like the Pro700Mk2).

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #1,667 of 1,853
The M50x are not remotely basshead headphones. Also, the Pro700Mk2 are pretty veiled. If you don't love their sound and can return them, the WS99 is a much more sparkly V-shaped sound with roughly the same bass potential and fit (but doesn't clamp hard like the Pro700Mk2).

I'm loving the MK2. Doesn't clamp too hard after wearing them for awhile. They are also more comfortable with the M50X pads. Got a good deal on them. Only spent about $80. I like the M50X as well, but in a diffrient way. They are good with acoustical and contemporary music. I don't just listen to bass. They also work quite well for gaming

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,668 of 1,853
  Budget is right in the neighborhood of $250
I listen to just about every genre of music, but I listen to old school rap 80s-90s, old school R&B 70s-90s, and blues the most. I will game with them every now and then, definitely use more for music though
Music will be coming out of my Note 5 and as of now no amp, although I do plan on getting an amp in the near future. Should I get an amp now and the headphones later? Or vice versa? Thanks

headphones first - definitely. just make sure that the pair you get arent "hard to drive". for your budget there should be plenty of options.

as a non gamer, who listens mostly to electronical music, i can personally vouch for the v-moda m-100, who are slightly above your budget at ~300$, atleast thats what i payed for them at the time.
lots of bass, lots of highs kinda sounding, and theyre sturdy and collapse into a small ball. sound great out of my galaxy s5, i imagine theyll be great for hip hop and such (i wouldnt know).

ofcourse many other options exist. look through the list at the beginning of this thread and read reviews on the sets that look good to you. you may wanna try the recommendations thread and/or the other basshead thread for more opinions.

is this your first set of headphones in this price bracket (i.e not a cheapy pair one gets from the central bus station type of set)

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #1,669 of 1,853

Are you dead set on "on ear"?  Over ear we can give many good recommendations with the increased comfort they afford. 

Also, what is your budget?

Sorry for the long delay in response to those who responded to me, I've had some issues and was barely able to come on.  Basically I want on-ear because I have a lot of over ear already including the JVC SZ1000 and SZ2000 among several others.  I also have a lot of IEM's.  But I don't have many on-ear headphones.  I kind of like to have variance.  My very first pair of bass head headphones was a Sony XB400 on ear out of a bargain bin for $7.00 two years ago.  It's a start and it was cheap. 

Anyway...budget $300 or less.  I'm just looking for some ideas.  Thanks

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #1,670 of 1,853

Sorry for the long delay in response to those who responded to me, I've had some issues and was barely able to come on.  Basically I want on-ear because I have a lot of over ear already including the JVC SZ1000 and SZ2000 among several others.  I also have a lot of IEM's.  But I don't have many on-ear headphones.  I kind of like to have variance.  My very first pair of bass head headphones was a Sony XB400 on ear out of a bargain bin for $7.00 two years ago.  It's a start and it was cheap. 

Anyway...budget $300 or less.  I'm just looking for some ideas.  Thanks

I've heard good things about the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear.  I'm not a fan of on-ear myself so I don't really have any recommendations.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,671 of 1,853
  headphones first - definitely. just make sure that the pair you get arent "hard to drive". for your budget there should be plenty of options.

as a non gamer, who listens mostly to electronical music, i can personally vouch for the v-moda m-100, who are slightly above your budget at ~300$, atleast thats what i payed for them at the time.
lots of bass, lots of highs kinda sounding, and theyre sturdy and collapse into a small ball. sound great out of my galaxy s5, i imagine theyll be great for hip hop and such (i wouldnt know).

ofcourse many other options exist. look through the list at the beginning of this thread and read reviews on the sets that look good to you. you may wanna try the recommendations thread and/or the other basshead thread for more opinions.

is this your first set of headphones in this price bracket (i.e not a cheapy pair one gets from the central bus station type of set)

I have actually heard really good things about the v-moda m-100's, I was hoping to stay a little below that price if I could although I checked current prices and they hover right in the neighborhood of the top of my limit.

Yes and no to answer your question. For the price bracket no, not my first. For anything that doesn't say 'Monster' or 'Beats' on it, pretty much. I had a great pair of Sony's back in the day that I think I paid somewhere in the $200 range, but I haven't been able to find those since I moved...

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,674 of 1,853
  I have actually heard really good things about the v-moda m-100's, I was hoping to stay a little below that price if I could although I checked current prices and they hover right in the neighborhood of the top of my limit.

Yes and no to answer your question. For the price bracket no, not my first. For anything that doesn't say 'Monster' or 'Beats' on it, pretty much. I had a great pair of Sony's back in the day that I think I paid somewhere in the $200 range, but I haven't been able to find those since I moved...

Just wanted to give an update. I decided to go a littler cheaper for right now since my money could be better used elsewhere at the moment. I bought the Sennheiser HD 439's and they are serving their purpose for now. I did do that 'bass' mod which was insanely simple to do, it tends to muddy the mids and highs on really bass heavy songs but other than that they are definitely doing what they should. FYI you can find them on Amazon for really cheap...

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,675 of 1,853
Is there anyway (or any place for that matter) at this point to find a genuine pair of Monster Beats Solo's.  The Originals (Not HD or Solo 2).  Considering they were discontinued.  There was multiple revisions of the genuine version.  Even more revisions of the fake versions.  Is it basically a lost cause to even try and find genuine pair of Monster Beats Solos? 

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,676 of 1,853
  Is there anyway (or any place for that matter) at this point to find a genuine pair of Monster Beats Solo's.  The Originals (Not HD or Solo 2).  Considering they were discontinued.  There was multiple revisions of the genuine version.  Even more revisions of the fake versions.  Is it basically a lost cause to even try and find genuine pair of Monster Beats Solos? 

I know it might sound obvious, but perhaps put out a "want to buy" ad on the Head-fi classifieds? You'd be surprised how much awesome stuff people might be holding on to..

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #1,677 of 1,853

I know it might sound obvious, but perhaps put out a "want to buy" ad on the Head-fi classifieds? You'd be surprised how much awesome stuff people might be holding on to..

Hello,  I actually wasn't aware there was a want to buy section.  Thanks for telling me.  I'll try that. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,678 of 1,853
Anyone know of any notable bass forward iem's for under $50. Looking more for boom boom than deep bass. Also one that doesn't need much eq'ing. Just looking for something to plug in and play. Thanks

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #1,679 of 1,853
Oct 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,680 of 1,853
Anyone know of any notable bass forward iem's for under $50. Looking more for boom boom than deep bass. Also one that doesn't need much eq'ing. Just looking for something to plug in and play. Thanks

Hey! I just picked up a rockjaw arcana v2 today. Bass is really forward and powerful. I jumped when I heard the first bass hit in linkin park's numb. Anyways they should be right at the 50 USD or 30 GBP. Overall it's really good and it has good reviews even among non-bassheads

It normally comes with a 3 year warranty too! Singapore doesn't seem to get that though. But I picked mine for 25USD like new in box and there's still about 9 months warranty left

Users who are viewing this thread

Back