The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Nov 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,111 of 1,853

So keep in mind that one review, even by a pro like Currawong, is not the end all be all.  Nor is one from me................who happens to love the Z7.

It is so close to the Denon D5000 and my D7000 that it's in a way redundant for me to keep them.  But.............keep them I shall.  They have incredible comfort - probably the best I've even tried - and are so light with pads that are as good as Alpha pads.  Top it off with build quality second to none - and I'm considering trying a bit of Dynamat in the plastic cups and see what it does. 

The bass is not bloated to me (been listening out of either my vintage stuff or a Digizoid ZO3) at all but as with the Denon's I can't help but wonder.  I remember how good it made my D7000 after Lawton did his magic - went from good to great.  So I'll try the damping when I get a chance. 

Just my opinion but I could find no weakness.  There are very polarizing opinions over on the Z7 thread so as always, YMMV.  Best to try them yourself. 

The thing is most people here are quite old with a different music type, nor they EQ their Bass like me.

I personally want to find a good replacement once my D2000s break down (actually my plan was getting the 5000s afterwards but happy discontinue, lol). It's difficult finding something that sounds somewhat audiophile yet has strong bass response at a decent price/price performance ratio.

Of course i would like to own a Fostex TH900 with some expensive amp / dac, that would be a dream set up for me.
I had an eye on the TH600s not only they are expensive at 800 bucks, they also need a strong amp.

So well i've noticed the Z7 & according to you it seems that they can satisfy Bassheads.
That comfort / design / the pads you mentioned / similar Denon sound signature made me interested. They even look like the Denons and i have to say it again, they look awsome.

Like one quest.. do they handle some heavy eq? Like 10+ at 30hz, 5+ at 60hz whatever at high volumes with bottomless Bass like the ol' Denons?

I mean people were like "get K550". However they do not handle it. No matter how close the sound sig is - like that they are useless to me.

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,112 of 1,853

How do the "doggies" affect the sound in general? Thinking about getting them for my ZMF X Vibro.

They came in two different pieces (both are cut to fit the Mad dogs) and combining them both gave a considerable hit to the treble, most notably everything above 3k. 

In my opinion, the headphones went from being "mostly neutral" to "dark" after doing it.

I'd be interested to see how the doggie treats go on non-planar headphones - keep us posted!

(Hopefully they fit.. It was a perfect fit for the Mad dogs)

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,113 of 1,853
Tekfusion Twinwoofer:

I'm actually enjoying these. For the price I would definitely recommend them for a basshead on a budget.

I remember reading in their early stages (when they were looking for reviewers) that the name "Twin-woofers" came about, as they were originally meant to be a DD+DD configuration. Can anyone confirm this please?

Anyway, 

Great amounts of mid- bass. If they had a little less sting around 8-10khz, these would be a sound signature I could really get behind. Other than that, there is a little mid-bleed, but nothing I'm too concerned about. 

I would recommend these be used for "fun" listening, at a moderate volume. Anything higher and the sting might take a little too much hold.

Terrific impact.

Not a huge fan of the cable, but when you're paying this much for an IEM,it's definitely to be expected. It's a rubbery feeling cheap thing, which gives off a lot of noise when rubbed/tapped, even before the Y-split.

Overall - for $50, I'd definitely recommend these for the budget-concious basshead.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,115 of 1,853
Not sure if this has been discussed here before but the VSD3S by Vsonic has decent bass and slight boosted highs, a V-like sig.

Good for songs like Imma Be (B.E.P), Be Your Sound (Cosmic Gate), Nightcall (Kavinsky). Great for the price.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #1,116 of 1,853
Oh yeah, regarding my nomination of the Brainwavz S5 and S0 to the list, the price is $100 for the former and $50 for the latter. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,118 of 1,853
  Oh yeah, regarding my nomination of the Brainwavz S5 and S0 to the list, the price is $100 for the former and $50 for the latter. 
biggrin.gif

Added! Sorry for the delay.

Once again man, really appreciate the input you've had! 

I've seen a few reviews of the Brainwavz floating about, but I've never heard them.

How are they?

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,119 of 1,853

Added! Sorry for the delay.

Once again man, really appreciate the input you've had! 

I've seen a few reviews of the Brainwavz floating about, but I've never heard them.

How are they?

Well, I've reviewed two of their IEMs (both in the sig). The S5 is the basshead-friendly, heart-pounding EDM master I reget giving out to my dad. The R3 is a dual dynamic non-basshead IEM that looks like a pair of bottles. They're mid-centric and laid-back, so no-no for bassheads.

The S0 is Brainwavz' latest IEMs, which so far are pretty great (I'm not going to disclose any details since I'm already writing a review for them
tongue.gif
). Kinda basshead-friendly, but kinda not so. It's kinda confusing to put in a nutshell.

But hey, they're all pretty great.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,120 of 1,853
No love for vsd3s? :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #1,122 of 1,853
It isn't exactly a bass head phone

Have you listened to them? Even the frequency response curve shows that they're pretty bassy.

They thump less than the hfi580 (due to the in ear design?) but definitely more than the hfi780 which is also on the list.

I'm using the comply-like foam tips.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,123 of 1,853
Have you listened to them? Even the frequency response curve shows that they're pretty bassy.

They thump less than the hfi580 (due to the in ear design?) but definitely more than the hfi780 which is also on the list.

I'm using the comply-like foam tips.

I don't care what the curves say. To my ears they sound pretty balanced, slightly warmish and slightly vshaped but hardly what you would call Bass head material

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,124 of 1,853
White LotusThe tekfusion twinwoofers are bass head material. It's pounding bass is similar to experiencing the SZ2000 when I had them for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back