the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #287 of 296
Hm, nothing in DC proper, but there are a couple of highly recommended Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologists in the area:

Johns Hopkins Medical Center
Mariah Menichino
goldencircle.png

Baltimore, MD
410-955-6153 – Email
Pam Mason, M. Ed., CCC-A
goldencircle.png

Bethesda, MD
301-296-5790 – Email

Hope this helps.

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #288 of 296
Funny that you guys are mentioning Sensaphonics because I'm getting ready to order iem's from them and just got new impressions done from Connect Hearing in Fountain Valley, CA.  Dr. Doug Richards has been taking my impressions for years.  For some reason, he doesn't use a bite block on me, but he starts talking to me while the molds are forming to my ears.  He tells me to talk and open my mouth while my impressions are forming.  I've been very happy with the results.  

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #290 of 296
I'm in Billings, MT and got some impressions done last night. It was my first time and I didn't get a good look at them before they got boxed up. Kind of regretting not asking to see them first. I'm not sure they will be good enough.

He had to do the right ear three times to get deep enough. Any opinions on whether these will be good enough? I already sent some pics off to Mike at perfect seal to see if they will do. .

e2f64803f8f4123255cbf8e101555c57.jpg

ff7f24905f63b7869cf9744504cbfbe4.jpg

a6344ef1d393a0b1ca5fe07536525a89.jpg

ee6c2895c2ad5b8bf64c92e8c6e2fdb3.jpg

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #291 of 296
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough.  I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones.  When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try.  My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP.  We have gotten better at it though.  He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.  

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #293 of 296
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough.  I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones.  When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try.  My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP.  We have gotten better at it though.  He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.  

I got a reply from Mike at perfect-seal and he said they were usable. He advised the voids in the ear canal should be ok because my canal expands as it gets deeper and he will need to grind it down anyways. Happy that they turned out OK. In the off chance that someone from Billings, MT is reading this I should include the Audiologist info.

I went to a private practice Dr. Bukowski. Charged $25 total.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #294 of 296
just went to get mine done. audiologist said the inside of my left ear was "not normal", would not really comment beyond "it could, and most likely is completely normal, but i wont do it". told me to go to a clinical audiologist to get it done. showed me on the tv attached to her ear inspector thing that it wasn't perfectly circular *maybe some growth was there, i have no idea*. now i scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician to get a referral to the clinical audiologist
frown.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #296 of 296
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have to give a shout out to Beth Orliss of Hearing Dynamics in Cresskill, NJ.  She has been mentioned in this thread before, so I was willing to give her a shot.  While it was a bit *different* to visit someone's home to have impressions made (which is often treated like a medical procedure), Beth was professional, pleasant, and clearly very skilled at what she does.  She was totally willing to do impressions as many times as it would take to get good ones (luckily mine came out quite nicely on the first try).  Highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back