the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Jul 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #272 of 296
Quote:

Had mine done about 2 weeks ago and sent them in. $50 for what appeared to be great quality impressions. I'll let you know how my CIEMs end up, still have another 1.5-2 weeks to wait til I get them

They said it's a 15-30 minute process depending on issues.  Was that about what you had?

Who are you getting your CIEM's from? 

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #273 of 296
Quote:

They said it's a 15-30 minute process depending on issues.  Was that about what you had?

Who are you getting your CIEM's from? 

yeah, I had to wait a week before they had an appointment, but after filling out paperwork, I was in and out with impressions in.. 20-25 minutes. The woman who took my impressions was good about letting me know what she was doing. I'm getting 1964 EARS V3's, I missed the sale on them though, I didn't get my paycheck early enough. Took me a long time to finally make the plunge

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #274 of 296
Quote:
yeah, I had to wait a week before they had an appointment, but after filling out paperwork, I was in and out with impressions in.. 20-25 minutes. The woman who took my impressions was good about letting me know what she was doing. I'm getting 1964 EARS V3's, I missed the sale on them though, I didn't get my paycheck early enough. Took me a long time to finally make the plunge

Thanks,  maybe I should make my appointment tomorrow...

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #275 of 296
Quote:
Do any of you have any audiologist recommendations for around the Bay Area. CA? I did my last one at http://hallhearingaidcenter.com/ . It didn't turn out so well. 

Strongly recommended: Lisa Tannenbaum at Musician's Hearing Services. She's a Sensaphonics Golden Circle audiologist. 415-760-6837

Alternate (also Golden Circle) - Adam Lin at Kaiser Permanente Hearing Center, 415-833-8222.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #276 of 296
Quote:

Had mine done on Monday.  More wait than I wanted in the Lobby, about 35 minutes, but the impression procedure was only about 10 minutes tops.  Now I have pictures into Aleksey at 1964 ears to see if they'll do.

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #277 of 296
Hey SF/LA folks - I see two names come up (only one of which I knew about before, Lisa Tannenbaum), the other being Nancy Taitz. Only thing is I didn't really see any impressions of either for product after the fact. It's encouraging that Lisa has recommendations from JHA and Sensaphonics (I want to get silicone tips made for my SE535s) both, but I guess a few of the local Head-Fi folks have employed Nancy's services before? I guess I really want to know how the actual product felt after the impressions, which seems to be missing from most reviews.

Does either one of them have the laser-guided camera deal? Anyone know if it's actually better than the standard silicone method?

Thanks a bunch,

--Dan

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #278 of 296
Lisa Tannenbaum is awesome. She is Sensaphonics' go-to Golden Circle audiologist on the West Coast, and works with a lot of touring musicians. She takes physical impressions and is familiar with the Sensaphonics custom silicone sleeves for Shure SE Series.

Highly recommended.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #279 of 296
I did it ! I just took advantage of JH's black friday sale to by a Carbon ROXANE cIEM :)

Now... I need to have a nice ear print done ! 

QUESTION: it is mentioned to do the ear imprint " open mouth " !

But... I am not a rock star, so, I don't sing or even talk when I use my IEMs. I just use my IEM to listen quitefully to my music. 

--> So, should't instead make the imprint in the same position as when I will use the IEM ? : relax in a sofa, with the JAW relax and teeth not joined but lips closed?

thanks for your advices

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #280 of 296
I just made an appointment with Beth Orliss after seeing that Jerry Harvey himself believes her to be one of the two best audiologists in the country. Plus the 75 dollars is cheaper than I can find around the capital district, it should be well worth the 3 hour drive to the city.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #282 of 296
Would love a recommendation in the Cincinnati, OH area (as far north as Columbus or south as Lexington KY would be fine really)

Edit: Have an appointment with Concepts in Hearing; their website seems to indicate experience with CIEMs and custom earpro, will report back after my session.

Additional Edit: Lisa at Concepts had me in and out in about 15 minutes total for the princely sum of 20$. Only caveat is you'll need to BYO bite block.

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #284 of 296
1964 Ears gave a recommendation on their website for All Ears Audiology in Orange County, California - they charge $75 - the receptionist seemed clueless - I hope the audiologist isn't - Does anyone else in SoCal have another recommendation?

Also, if you ask for 2 pairs of impressions - are they going to charge $150? (Couldn't get a straight answer from the receptionist...)

Any referrals would be appreciated

Cheers

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #285 of 296
Can anyone PM me or post on here any recommendations in the Boston Area? I've been searching for 3 days now and nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back