the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #211 of 296
I wonder does anyone know where can I make ear impressions in Hanoi, Vietnam? I have no clue where to find and how to explain what I want them to do for me.
frown.gif
Erh...I  just want to get my custom IEMs as soon as possible. I simply can't wait until the moment when I will move to the USA to do all of these things.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #212 of 296

Quote:
Where did you get yours, I live in SF and currently I'm looking around. A place close to where I live called Union Square Hearing charge $50 and I called Musicians Hearing Services, she said $100 because I'm sending my impression to some company she doesn't know about.

Mine were done by Kathy Peck:
http://www.hearnet.com/about/about_kathy.shtml

Forgive her website, it's in desperate need of some love. She did a fantastic job on mine. No discomfort during the impressions and the resulting IEMs from Heir are a fantastic fit (thanks to her and the Wizard). I highly recommend her.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #213 of 296
Where did you get yours, I live in SF and currently I'm looking around. A place close to where I live called Union Square Hearing charge $50 and I called Musicians Hearing Services, she said $100 because I'm sending my impression to some company she doesn't know about.

I went to :

Ave. Hearing Aid Center
Nancy Taitz
4293 California St.
San Francisco, CA
United States

415-464-2023

She's really good, though not the cheapest.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #214 of 296
I almost went with her as well. In the end it's because Kathy was the first to get back to me with a price I liked. Nancy got back soon after, but by that time I had my appointment.

I don't remember the price. Around $50 or so, if memory serves, but don't quote me on that. The cool part was talking to her about some of the people she's worked with in her careers, people she's done impressions for and so forth. Seeing a picture her standing next to Pete Townshend was pretty awesome. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #215 of 296
Nancy's also the one who did, does the impressions for the past two Bay Area meets.

Funny, I nearly called Kathy but then I went to the meet last year and got the impressions there.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #218 of 296
Got my impressions done today.  Great experience.  Also got my ears tested, the audiologist commented that I have "super-human" hearing lol.. 

Apple Hearing Solutions
691 East Cherry Street
Troy, MO 63379
636) 462-2701 ‎

The left one is PERFECT but the right didn't quite get as deep as we hoped.  Not bad for $25....  What do yall think?
Going to send these off to InEarZ soon for UE TF10 customs... 

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #219 of 296

Quote:
Got my impressions done today.  Great experience.  Also got my ears tested, the audiologist commented that I have "super-human" hearing lol.. 

Apple Hearing Solutions
691 East Cherry Street
Troy, MO 63379
636) 462-2701 ‎

The left one is PERFECT but the right didn't quite get as deep as we hoped.  Not bad for $25....  What do yall think?
Going to send these off to InEarZ soon for UE TF10 customs... 

you should send the pic to the company that is going to do the custom... they can fix some of the flaws but not all, so you should make sure these are actually usable...

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #221 of 296

Quote:
I have been chatting via PM's with him, I also told him to send a pic to make sure they are okay.

Thanks guys, yeah I did send them off to InEarZ but look at this second pic, the one on the right it looks like was pulled and scraped off an important area of detail.  Think I'm going to go get that side re-done....

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #222 of 296

Quote:

Thanks guys, yeah I did send them off to InEarZ but look at this second pic, the one on the right it looks like was pulled and scraped off an important area of detail.  Think I'm going to go get that side re-done....

But wait is it possible my ear is really like that??

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #224 of 296

Quote:
I wonder does anyone know where can I make ear impressions in Hanoi, Vietnam? I have no clue where to find and how to explain what I want them to do for me.
frown.gif
Erh...I  just want to get my custom IEMs as soon as possible. I simply can't wait until the moment when I will move to the USA to do all of these things.

I feel your pain - I'm in HCMC and I'm not sure where to go. I may go to FV hospital since they have an audiology clinic, but I have no idea if I can get a good quality impression there. I'll probably go to Kool Audio (a hi-fi shop in HCMC) and ask the owner where he had his done since I know he has JH13s and you could order JH products through his shop up until recently.

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #225 of 296

Quote:
frown.gif

Quote:
I feel your pain - I'm in HCMC and I'm not sure where to go. I may go to FV hospital since they have an audiology clinic, but I have no idea if I can get a good quality impression there. I'll probably go to Kool Audio (a hi-fi shop in HCMC) and ask the owner where he had his done since I know he has JH13s and you could order JH products through his shop up until recently.

These question should be asked on local audio forums, since as far as I know there aren't many Vietnamese members on head-fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back