The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #1,218 of 1,431
I bought a ATH M50 coiled version a while ago used, so I don't have the original box that came with it. Is there a way to determine if my ATH m50 is the old or the newer version? I found the bass in my Image S4i to be a little stronger (not necessarily better) compared to my ATH M50. So is it safe to assume I got the newer version?

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #1,219 of 1,431
I'm not sure whether to get straight or coiled.

I'm going to use these for both home and portable use (with my Galaxy S3 smartphone). 

How's the weight of the coiled cord? Does it pull to that one side of the headphone?

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #1,221 of 1,431
Any solutions on the fading graphics on the sides of the cans?  they're looking terrible as of now.. 
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #1,222 of 1,431
Anyone have any problems with the limited edition m-50s? I realized that the earcup on the right is louder that the one on the left. Also all the vocals seem to be coming from the right side it isn't simultaneous like my other cheap headphones.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #1,223 of 1,431
Quote:
The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable? 

Yeah I have seen them on sale online, I don't know if you can buy them from their website. They aren't real leather btw, they are more of a synthetic material.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #1,225 of 1,431
Quote:
The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable? 

Get the Beyer DT250 velour pads. They're better and are a perfect fit. And yes, they are user replaceable. Took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to swap mine over.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #1,227 of 1,431
Quote:

Replacements are easily found for about $10 each. I picked up some from Sweetwater but there are lots of sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back