The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Aug 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,189 of 1,431
I've been looking for this thread for a while. 

I own a ATH-M50S. Because I also own the HD800, I rarely buy other headphones, but the M50 just has a special place in my collection. I can't seem to get rid of it. It's the best $99 I've ever spent, and certainly the best headphone in my collection in terms of value for money.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,190 of 1,431
Quote:
I meant the words "ATH M50" and "Studio Monitor Headphones".. The fading gets worse every 3 weeks or so.. 

Ooohhh... Yeah. That. Well, when your headphones aren't on your head, do you have a stand, or do you place them, cup down? I bought my M50s used. They'd gone through two other head-fier's by the time they got to me, and the printing you're talking about, still looks brand new on mine.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,191 of 1,431
Quote:

Ooohhh... Yeah. That. Well, when your headphones aren't on your head, do you have a stand, or do you place them, cup down? I bought my M50s used. They'd gone through two other head-fier's by the time they got to me, and the printing you're talking about, still looks brand new on mine.

Well of course I put it on a stand.. What the hell has the former owner of my M50's cleaning it with? ..  
confused_face(1).gif
 I know it doesn't affect the sound but I'm kind of OC on how my M50's are looking right now..

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,192 of 1,431
MY ATH-M50 just arrived three hours ago. Initial listening was underwhelming :frowning2:
I bought them to upgrade from my klipsch image s4, yet the s4s sound better :/
The s4s have fuller sound with more detail and resolution. The s4s have better vocals and overall more engaging sound.

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,193 of 1,431
Quote:
MY ATH-M50 just arrived three hours ago. Initial listening was underwhelming :frowning2:
I bought them to upgrade from my klipsch image s4, yet the s4s sound better :/
The s4s have fuller sound with more detail and resolution. The s4s have better vocals and overall more engaging sound.

moving from IEMs to headphones can be quite a shocker for some, it will grow on you. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,198 of 1,431
I own both the s4i and the M50s, and to me the M50 sounds better. yeah, make sure you have a real one.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #1,199 of 1,431
Howdy,

I got my ATH M50wh a little while ago. I have to admit when I started listening to them I wasn't impressed. To sum it up in a word they sounded "sloppy" to me. I at first went back to using my iems more.

But after listening to them for some hours now I am really liking the sound. They no longer sound sloppy to me and I use them all the time now.

Has anyone experienced this "burn in" period or is this basically all in my head (no pun intended).

Doc

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #1,200 of 1,431
you know, I don't believe in burn in.  What I do believe in is your ears just get use to the changes of going from one type of headphone/IEM to another and then you start to see or notice it's beauty.

Again, this is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back