The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Sep 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #226 of 1,431

Quote:
So I have been creeping on the forums for a while now out of curiosity.  As much as I would like to go all in and start blowing money on high end setups I just could never justify it.  Especially since I already have other expensive hobbies. 

I'm going to guess photography might be one.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #228 of 1,431

Quote:
Yup...Also have a VW so german car parts is also up there. 

With a VW you need a lot of parts!  
k701smile.gif
tongue.gif
  Unless its an old Beetle, I think that car has 5 parts total. 
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #229 of 1,431
Hey Anaxilus... 'tween you and me, we've 'forced' DanlftheDead to nearly double his post count ! Ha! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #230 of 1,431

Quote:
Hey Anaxilus... 'tween you and me, we've 'forced' DanlftheDead to nearly double his post count ! Ha! 
beerchug.gif

It's all about giving you know!  I'm definitely in the black w/ my Karma meter now.  Time to go find an insect to step on.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #231 of 1,431
Some very early impressions:

Had a listen to these for about half an hour last night fresh out of the box. First impressions are okay but quite contrary to what most people are saying about the M50s. Out of the Darkvoice, the bass sounds incredibly tight and never boomy. Compared to the bass on the HD650s theres just no comparision in terms of quantity and detail. Vocals didn't sound that great, they seemed to have some sort of "scratchy" sound to them, and definitely not smooth. The midrange on a whole sounds slightly thin, like it was missing something. This could be due to my amp, as the Darkvoice's sound signature is on the colder side of neutral. Overall the clarity is good, and it is surprisingly detailed.

As I said before, very early impressions with no burn in. Comfort is okay. The build quality is solid and the overall package is classy. For the record my box was white and didn't have any tape on the flap.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #233 of 1,431
LOL ! 
atsmile.gif

Fracking brilliant.

Quote:
M50's are awesome! The only problem is that I can't wear them while swimming, so i'm taking them back.
Other then this minor problem, they are the best thing since chocolate covered bacon.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #234 of 1,431
After much debating I am finally wearing my M50s, I was worried about their isolation, but I am so relieved, they isolate so very well and the bass hits VERY HARD. So happy and pleased with you guys helping me. I was debating the Ultrasones but I decided to stay with the ATs since my last pair were the PRO5MS and I liked the quality and feel of Audio Technicas. These are much better feeling and sounding however. The lows are what blow me away when I'm listening to D&B and Trance, they just hum, its wonderful. I absolutely love them with my Ipod around campus, the absolute perfect headphone for me.

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #235 of 1,431
Congrats! Great to hear...
They only get better. 
atsmile.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #236 of 1,431
My expectation of M50 was really high, that contributed alot to why i wasn't happy with M50. untill recently i removed the tapes from balance mod and added a Fiio E7. now im like wow.

Sep 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #237 of 1,431
Glad you can hear them now!  A little power goes a long way.  
wink.gif

Quote:
My expectation of M50 was really high, that contributed alot to why i wasn't happy with M50. untill recently i removed the tapes from balance mod and added a Fiio E7. now im like wow.

Sep 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #238 of 1,431
been wearing them for more than 6 hours today. i just can't stop smiling. it's getting kind of freaky.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #240 of 1,431
comparing to onboard sound, E7 sounds fuller and both low and high are controled. but i don't hear noticable improvement on amp part alone when wearing m50s. that's why i need ipod lod.

Quote:
Is there a huge difference in sound quality when driven by the E7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back