The Audigy 4 Pro is coming
Nov 4, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #46 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
The 'we' was in reference to me and the someone else.

Check the attitude, please.

you might want to be specific next time around.
attitude - checked. its fine
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks for your concern.

Nov 4, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #47 of 73
Good thing for Creative, most kids don't know that there is better sounding stuff for cheaper, and that the Platinum box is nearly worthless (I sure as hell didn't until I came here). So, they'll continue to make money that way.

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #49 of 73
large

Nov 5, 2004 at 6:21 AM Post #52 of 73
well, let's talk about what we can gather from the press release, 113dB SNR on all channels, we can understand this one such that there's no channel with less than 113dB, which is fine, CS4382 already used on Audigy2 series has 114dB SNR, so if they didn't screw the analog section up as much again, 113dB is pretty easily achievable.. but no multichannel DAC I know of provides 120dB of dynamic range, that means the most likely used some stereo DAC with these specs and I bet it's CS4398 also used in E-MU 1212m/1820m! that seems quite logical since they have to have a huge stock of CS4382 already and in order to get CS4398 for the E-MU cards cheaper, they decided on using it in Creative products also so that they bought this chip in huge quantities too.. as for the increased SNR and such, again if they used NJM2068, used on all E-MU cards, they shure can achieve what they claim.. and it makes sense to buy these in large quantities too in order to be able to provide E-MU's proffesional lineup for a very competitive price.. opamps they used since the first Audigy are real crap, no wonder how they were able to screw up the performance of 114dB CS4382 on the Audigy2 series
rolleyes.gif
as for the DSP it doesn't look like anything but 10k2 again!
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #54 of 73
Wow some very knowledgable people here. If they were able to achieve a sound card with superior processing that didn't resample...they'd have complete control of the sound card market. Hmm I think it won't resample...but maybe I'm just optimistic.

God that would be nice...other options that are on the market really suck for gaming due to the fact they have like no hardware acceleration. LOL I tried to use my av710 for gaming and lost 8FPS!

Nov 5, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #55 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
If they were able to achieve a sound card with superior processing that didn't resample...they'd have complete control of the sound card market.

they already do! so why would they bother... thats exactly the problem gamers cum audiophiles are facing.

if the Audigy 4 is a 1212m + EAX.. i'm getting one for sure and then laugh at all the guys with 1212m
tongue.gif
but thats unlikely to happen.

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #57 of 73
the card itself pretty much look like Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro or something, it has CS8420 async sample rate convertor with S/PDIF input.. you can see two crystals near the CS8420, one for 44.1 and the second for 48, the card do resample, but it's done in hardware using asynchronous sample rate convertor..

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
the card itself pretty much look like Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro or something, it has CS8420 async sample rate convertor with S/PDIF input.. you can see two crystals near the CS8420, one for 44.1 and the second for 48, the card do resample, but it's done in hardware using asynchronous sample rate convertor..

don't understand the technicals there, but from the tone of it i guess Audigy 4 != 1212m
mad.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #60 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
*coughs* So what the hell does that mean? Is that good or bad glass?

We'll know when someone hears it, technical specs can only give a hint at what is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back