The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #4,596 of 7,138
You are questioning whether or not I have heard them by saying I have only played with them. What's the point of playing with them if I won't be listening to them? I'm going to say it again, they don't leak sound as bad as the LCD2's and I had a perfect seal with the entire D*K range, sure they don't completely isolate sound completely but do not leak sound as bad as the LCD2's. Either your pair of LCD2's are faulty or the newer LCD2's are more dampened and less open than the older LCD2's. I'm going to say it again they don't leak as bad as the LCD2's. I can virtually use the LCD2's as speakers.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #4,597 of 7,138
The D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.

It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #4,598 of 7,138
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #4,599 of 7,138
Quote:
The D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.

It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.

Thank you, glad somebody else agrees with me as well. Apart from my Lambda's and HD800's, my LCD2's come in a good 2nd or 3rd after the HD800's with the amount of sound they leak.

Quote:
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...

Nice, glad you are enjoying them. I've read some very positive notes that the Mjolnir is almost an end game amp for the LCD2's due to its brighter nature and ability to reveal detail and impose clarity, something which sounds synergistic with the LCD2's warm, laid back or dark signature.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #4,600 of 7,138
Quote:

So I have decided to reward my fellow niteowlers with a picture of what I did to dramatically improve my lcd-2's, and it's not the room fs stand. If you know what I did please be respectful and keep it to yourself for a few days. Thank you.

You switched the filt behind the ironplate with another type of material?
wink_face.gif

Ups..missed the answer.
frown.gif

The modification sounds very interesting, thanks for posting this!

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4,601 of 7,138
Quote:
fine fine I wanted to wait till my other 2 headphones were done but that looks to be only a few days off. I put stax 02 pads on them and they went from pretty good to amazing in both sound and comfort. Your jaw will clench the first 10 hours but after that headphone heaven. highly as highly recommended can get. I'm saving the full review for a few days though.

Thanks--Now where did you find or get those pads??

Thanks

Jack

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #4,603 of 7,138
Sitting here looking at charts and planning trades while listening to my beloved Audeze LCD2.2 cans and Mjolnir/Gungnir. This is pure audio heaven! Just getting better and better every day...

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #4,605 of 7,138
Hear that o1ro1n you dof doffer...lol.

@jib, you obviously haven't seen some of the lawton modded D7k's in the F/S section now have you? Just a tip some were selling for $1500-1700's compared to a stock D7k that use to sell for $700, that's where my $800-1000 comment comes in. Oh and I'm sure your O2 pads offer a difference, the fact that either your brain is telling you there is a difference when there might not be any or the fact that you think that swapping pads offers a sound increase to which Audeze engineers have designed the current pads to be best suited for these headphones without modifying it's sound signature and tonality. Oh yeah for the record you're not the first to install the O2 pads on the LCD2's. There are others that have done prior to you even registering here.

Oh and for the record I invented the LCD2's I'm sure you would've never figured that out. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back