The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #4,427 of 7,138
Quote:
No, what needs to be done is LCD2 owners need to be segregated into LCD2 bamboo and LCD2 rosewood threads, the rosewood thread will be re-instated into Summit-fi, while the bamboo thread will be left to decay in the "full-sized headphones" slum.

As LCD-2 Bamboo owner, will give your comment the consideration it is due.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #4,428 of 7,138
hm, yeah, that segregation thing, there may be some legal issues with that

let's just stick the rosewood into the summit-fi subforum

while for the bamboo and not to be forgotten the leather-free faux suede material pads, for them i've envisioned something like the environmentally-sustainable-eco-vegan-fi subforum

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #4,430 of 7,138
Quote:
No, what needs to be done is LCD2 owners need to be segregated into LCD2 bamboo and LCD2 rosewood threads, the rosewood thread will be re-instated into Summit-fi, while the bamboo thread will be left to decay in the "full-sized headphones" slum.

Excellent suggestion. I'd also put forth that a new Ghetto-Fi sub-forum be created to contain the uncouth masses.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #4,432 of 7,138
are the lcd2 and he500 really competing? the he500 lunch price had to be lowered, while audeze felt confident to rise the lcd2 price

a move from audeze to make room for a lower-end model,

or they may be trying to impose themselves as the only and true summit-fi ortho brand

hence avoiding any direct competition and comparison

cos lets face it i never consider or even thought about getting a he500 instead of a lcd2, i think that's how the majority of lcd2 owners and potential buyers felt/feel too

Quote:
i'm certain that the price of the bamboo model has not increased

well, it has, just click buy it now on the audeze site, $1145 all the way

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #4,433 of 7,138
Quote:
i'm certain that the price of the bamboo model has not increased

I am certain you have not raised your prices. 
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #4,435 of 7,138
Quote:
are the lcd2 and he500 really competing? the he500 lunch price had to be lowered, while audeze felt confident to rise the lcd2 price

a move from audeze to make room for a lower-end model,

or they may be trying to impose themselves as the only and true summit-fi ortho brand

hence avoiding any direct competition and comparison

cos lets face it i never consider or even thought about getting a he500 instead of a lcd2, i think that's how the majority of lcd2 owners and potential buyers felt/feel too

well, it has, just click buy it now on the audeze site, $1145 all the way

Smart people would audition both HE500 and LCD2 before they take the plunge anyway, so the assumption of "tier-setting" with these price adjustments is irrelevant.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #4,436 of 7,138
u don't get it do you?

a higher price tag have it's own effect, it makes u believe, and preferences are subjective, u have to believe that one can is "better" for you than the other

and the manufacturer must believe it too

however audeze is probably charging the facts more than the make believe, cos, it's made in usa, from expensive materials, parts, tech developing, labour, etc

or maybe not, who knows

maybe it's just the rosewood, but +$150, ouch!

maybe from 1000 to 1150 would be irrelevant but from 995 to 1000+, it's summit-fi relevant

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #4,437 of 7,138
Quote:
u don't get it do you?

a higher price tag have it's own effect, it makes u believe, and preferences are subjective, u have to believe that one can is "better" for you than the other

This should be king then, expecting retail is $5k and is quite a looker.
http://www.abyss-headphones.com/abyss_ab_1266.shtml

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #4,439 of 7,138
but again to get serious

i didn't try the hifiman, but the fact that it's a lot cheaper, and by what i've read quite a performer too, makes me wonder, who is the tech leader in orthos, who will be making the move forward and who will be following

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #4,440 of 7,138
Quote:
u don't get it do you?

however audeze is probably charging the facts more than the make believe, cos, it's made in usa, from expensive materials, parts, tech developing, labour, etc

or maybe not, who knows

maybe it's just the rosewood, but +$150, ouch!

maybe from 1000 to 1150 would be irrelevant but from 995 to 1000+, it's summit-fi relevant

Just in case you didn't know, both HE500 and LCD2 threads used to be in summit-fi ever since the headphones were released.

Head-fi administrators explicitly migrated the threads to here a couple of months ago.

It has nothing to do with pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back