The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #3,181 of 7,138
The LCD-2s are very intimate headphones.  There's an odd lack of depth to them, but the soundstage lends well to rock or metal.  The Q701s, for example, have a more expansive soundstage than the LCD-2s but they're not as intimate or engaging because of it.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #3,182 of 7,138
I have no problem wearing them for 3 hours at a time. I don't get all the fuss about them being extremely uncomfortable. They may not be as good comfort wise as the Denons or Sennheiser HD650, but they aren't that bad.

I think they're pretty comfortable too. They seem to be good for people with big heads. Only the HD800 was more comfortable for me.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3,183 of 7,138
I only find them a bit uncomfortable when I'm lying down, they press on my face more then. Sitting up they are really quite comfortable.

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #3,184 of 7,138
I don't know how you all do it. This headphone gives me "Inner-head Audio Claustrophobia" aka there's absolutely zero width to the soundstage and hardly any depth either. After several songs, I start to develop a pain in my jaw. This pain makes for an uncomfortable experience and I would rather listen to my HiFi's.:)

That's too bad. To me the soundstage is quite wide and shallow which sounds very natural and keeps everything cohesive. The phones with depth seem to artificially pull the sound apart too much.

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3,185 of 7,138
Dagothur, you understand.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
The LCD-2s are very intimate headphones.  There's an odd lack of depth to them, but the soundstage lends well to rock or metal.  The Q701s, for example, have a more expansive soundstage than the LCD-2s but they're not as intimate or engaging because of it.

At this price-level, if I owned either pair, LCD2 or HE-500's, I would be VERY HAPPY with either headphone. They are both amazing in all aspects of music reproduction and present the music in their own unique way.
Chocolate or Vanilla, equally great flavours, no need to argue which is better as its all relative, pick yours and enjoy. LCD2's are the Vanilla flavour to my taste buds.

Personally, I'd like to own both, hahha. They compliment each other oh so well.

ps. I can't stop listening to live music. I've moved onto the G'N'R - Live Era '87-'93 LP.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #3,188 of 7,138
Quote:
Does anyone know whether the vegan pads are more or less comfortable than the lambskin? I ask because my gf would rather I go vegan, and I want to know how it affects the 'phone.

I've fitted my LCD-2.1s with vegan pads about 10 months ago. I find them far more comfortable than leather, but that's a personal preference. As opposed to leathers, they will pick up lint and hair and be a little harder to keep clean. I'm sure others prefer leathers of various types. I'm also of the opinion that they are as good as the original leather pads they replaced with a slightly more open sound. Here's a link which might help you decide: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586157/audeze-lcd-2-vegan-earpads-feedback-installation-mini-review

I can understand why you would ask such a question if you intend to share listening time with your girl friend on Audeze headphones, but if it's just for her, then make her happy and get the phones with the vegan pads.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #3,189 of 7,138
Hi everyone,

I've had a recent problem where I lose sound out of the left ear depending on where I tilt my head.  Is this a problem with the headphones or the cable?  As long as everything is positioned correctly, it sounds perfect.

And is this something audeze would deal with?

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #3,191 of 7,138
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I've had a recent problem where I lose sound out of the left ear depending on where I tilt my head.  Is this a problem with the headphones or the cable?  As long as everything is positioned correctly, it sounds perfect.

And is this something audeze would deal with?

Try twiddling the cable without moving your head, should rule out if its the cable or not.  Are they still under warranty? I would defo contact Audeze.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #3,193 of 7,138
Quote:
Try twiddling the cable without moving your head, should rule out if its the cable or not.  Are they still under warranty? I would defo contact Audeze.

I'd have to find the warranty but I'm pretty sure it's expired.  I can move my head around and get the headphones to work perfectly.  The LCD2s have just been so amazing for me that I really hope it's a minor cable issue, but we'l see 

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #3,194 of 7,138
Quote:
I'd have to find the warranty but I'm pretty sure it's expired.  I can move my head around and get the headphones to work perfectly.  The LCD2s have just been so amazing for me that I really hope it's a minor cable issue, but we'l see 

Even if you can't find the warranty I would still contact them anyway as they will have the record of the serial number (on the headband), Good luck!

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #3,195 of 7,138
I thought the warranty was extended to three years on all models now - which would mean they are covered.

Any signs of poor treatment - depending on what you mean by this - might not help your case though!

Regardless, contact Audez'e - they have a reputation for looking after customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back