The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Sep 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #2,987 of 7,138
Had my LCD-2s for almost a week now, and I am loving the heck out of them.  I love how all the detail is there if you want to listen for it, but if you just want to listen to music, it does that too, and does it well.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,988 of 7,138
Quote:
Is it me or is Medo's bamboo LCD2 a lot lighter in texture and shade compared to the more red'ish bamboo LCD2's when they first came out?

There seems to be a lot of variability with all the wood finishes from Audeze. My Rosewood are darker than some of the pictures I have seen but it isn't the darkest either.

I definitely shows that they are hand made, and in my personal opinion, adds character to the individual phones.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #2,989 of 7,138
Quote:

I definitely shows that they are hand made, and in my personal opinion, adds character to the individual phones.

I agree, I don't think that Medo's are lighter though, it's all just different light. Mine when bought new looked exactly like they do on the website but also like Medo's when I took pics with a flash

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #2,990 of 7,138
Quote:
I agree, I don't think that Medo's are lighter though, it's all just different light. Mine when bought new looked exactly like they do on the website but also like Medo's when I took pics with a flash

+1 yes the flash light has a lot to do with the different shades we see.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #2,992 of 7,138
Is anyone else not a fan of the stock cable. The new style flat cable just feels cheap to me for some reason. I'm not a believer in cables (quite the opposite actually), but I kind of want to buy a new one just because I am OCD.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #2,993 of 7,138
Quote:
Is anyone else not a fan of the stock cable. The new style flat cable just feels cheap to me for some reason. I'm not a believer in cables (quite the opposite actually), but I kind of want to buy a new one just because I am OCD.

The stock cable is not bad for sound but is horribly annoying for comfort. Burn it as if it was a Witch.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #2,994 of 7,138
Second on this.  The cable is not my favorite.  Love the headphones, not a fan of the cable.  The one that shipped with my LCD2's had a bent 1/4" jack and felt very flimsy.  However, its functional and sounds fine.  

Will probably grab  Q cable at some point.  Like the look of the whiplash, but can't justify that price on a cable....yet:) 

Quote:

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #2,995 of 7,138
Quote:

I used the stock cable for a few months and figured it was ok sounding but then got a Cardas clear and experienced one of the most satisfying upgrades I've tried in many years.  I took some abuse earlier in this thread because of the cost of the Cardas relative to the LCD-2, but, if like me, you think the LCD-2 is the perfect phone for you and worth getting the most possible out of, you certainly need to upgrade the cable.  The stock cable is extremely cheap looking and feeling.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #2,996 of 7,138
Quote:
Lugbug what did you use to re-coat your LCD2's, you mentioned something about a clear re-coat or something on one of your pics.

I've completely changed the colour with a wood stain. I used a bottle of furniture scratch cover polish, you can buy this at most hardware stores. Depending on the shade you want just keep applying the coats with a cotton cloth gently rubbing it in and then leaving for about 30 mins to add another coat or to polish up with clean cloth. Each coat you apply is adding an extra layer of wax, so its doing the wood good aswell. I used the dark stain and it took about 15 coats to get to the colour I wanted.

I used dark, this pic is medium colour

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,999 of 7,138
The new stock cables are much, much lighter than the ones that came with the original round of Rev2's.  I can't speak to the sound compared to other cables since I refuse to buy an aftermarket cable, but the balanced cable sounds pretty good to me.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #3,000 of 7,138
Quote:
The new stock cables are much, much lighter than the ones that came with the original round of Rev2's.  I can't speak to the sound compared to other cables since I refuse to buy an aftermarket cable, but the balanced cable sounds pretty good to me.

Why is it that you don't want a fancy pants aftermarket cable? To me, it's worth it just for looks alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back