The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jul 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,345 of 7,138
Thanks for all the graphs of the newer LCD-2s. I am quite surprised to see how different they are compared to the rev. 2 from primo / ultimo June 2011 - and how alike they are to the rev. 1 (when it comes to the frequency before they dip down coming from the bass region):

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,346 of 7,138
Quote:
Finally ^__^ , after a long journey in head-fi i'll drink from my music holly grail AUDEZE LCD_2, after being disappointed with T1 i'm sure the LCD-2 will make up for it. i'm getting Bamboo version in less than a month, but i'm not sure if it's better than the rosewood version, i'm really confused is there any difference aside form the wood type ?! from what i know the bamboo is more durable, right ?

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,348 of 7,138
Can anybody quickly comment how the new black pads are relative to the vegan pads (which I tried) Same? Softer? Harder?

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,349 of 7,138
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #2,350 of 7,138
Quote:
Thanks for all the graphs of the newer LCD-2s. I am quite surprised to see how different they are compared to the rev. 2 from primo / ultimo June 2011 - and how alike they are to the rev. 1 (when it comes to the frequency before they dip down coming from the bass region):

Looking closely at these graphs the only repeatedly relevant divergence I can see is that the LCD-3 and Rev2 don't start to roll off till 1.5khz, whereas the Rev1 starts at 1khz. It's minor, but being fair in the midrange is likely to be very audible depending on music selection and listener expectations, which might explain why some claim Rev1s and 2 are worlds apart and others hear little difference. As for the superiority of the LCD-3, that obviously lies in other realms like distortion, damping and driver radiation pattern, but with my budget it's never likely to trouble me much anyway.  

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,351 of 7,138
Looking closely at these graphs the only repeatedly relevant divergence I can see is that the LCD-3 and Rev2 don't start to roll off till 1.5khz, whereas the Rev1 starts at 1khz. It's minor, but being fair in the midrange is likely to be very audible depending on music selection and listener expectations, which might explain why some claim Rev1s and 2 are worlds apart and others hear little difference. As for the superiority of the LCD-3, that obviously lies in other realms like distortion, damping and driver radiation pattern, but with my budget it's never likely to trouble me much anyway.

See this Rev 2.

Here's my Rev 2 Bamboo..

\
Too much variation :frowning2:

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,354 of 7,138
Should look at the HD800 graph thread some time... just as variable :wink:

Oh I'm not having a go at Audeze. There are far worse manufacturers out there (outside Senn and Audeze). I just want to buy the Rev 2 and not the LCD-3 and when I feel 'comfortable' about the purchase, something gives me doubt again.

I should just man up and bite the bullet.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #2,355 of 7,138
Well you sold the Rev1 twice so... you almost need to buy the LCD-3 to really distance yourself from the Rev1 sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back