The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #1,502 of 7,138

Quote:

LCD-2 r 2 bamboo just got them days ago. Sorry for messy desk.
They do have a bit of a suction feeling on your head tho it's a good thing seals well needed for good bass. they are very soft. Very comfy, I can live with the weight.:)

Do you mind putting them on some kitchen scales to test weight, without cables?   Just mildly intrigued to know? 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,503 of 7,138

Quote:

X2. The reduced clamp,compared to r1 version makes a big difference to the comfort as well. I actually find the LCD2r2's very comfortable.

x3.

popcorn.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #1,507 of 7,138

Quote:

My 2.2's (purchased late summer last year) had more clamp than my previous 2.1's and were virtually unwearable for more than 30-45 mins.

Quote:

they weigh 511 grams or 18 oz on my scales without cables.

That's a small improvement on the previous 2.2's.  FWIW, the HE-500's scale in at 540 grams (measured), which is what the original 2.1's were

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,509 of 7,138

Quote:

LCD-2 r 2 bamboo just got them days ago. Sorry for messy desk.
They do have a bit of a suction feeling on your head tho it's a good thing seals well needed for good bass. they are very soft. Very comfy, I can live with the weight.:)

If your desk is messy then mine is a dump!  But looks nice, bought it locally?

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #1,511 of 7,138
Seeing a lot of LCD2 owners here, would the LCD 2 make a good counterpart to the Beyer T5p? From what I hear, the LCD2 are more of a laid-back sound and have more emphasis on bass which sounds like the opposite to my T5p.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #1,515 of 7,138

Quote:

I wouldn't say the LCD-2 is laid back, it's punchy, fast & sharp attack. Good clarity.

Reading this forum I also expected dark and laid-back headphones. Something like more refined HD-650s....
But my LCD-2 were very neutral and midcentric (a hump in the mids gives priority to vocals above all other music). It was a big disappointment to me. I expain this dicrepancy between different opinions of LCD-s with changes in product specifications over time. My LCD-s are from february 2012. Looking at some FR graphs I see that earlier units have more bass. I'm a little surprised that no one comments this changes which are apparent from FR graphs. Maybe there are bass-heavy and bass-light LCD-2 :)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/601273/lcd-2-lcd-3-fr-graphs#post_8321888
I replaced the stock cable with DIY silver cables (8 multicore silver wires, teflon isolation). Now the sound is much more relaxing with more linear FR and stronger bass. We'll see what will happen with this cable after some burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back