The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #841 of 7,138
Same here. I dont find them heavy at all.

Quote:
I'm so happy with these LCD-2s. I've tried so many, trying to find the "right sound" for me. And even when I've found headphones that are close, the headphone's design and fit on my head always left me irritated. It's kind of funny that the LCD-2 are always talked about as being heavy and uncomfortable - and you won't get an argument from me (with them being heavy). Yet, they fit my head so perfectly! I can listen for hours and not have a single headache. The sound also doesn't fatigue my ears.

I finally feel at ease. :wink: 

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #843 of 7,138
Hi everyone,

It turns out that my girlfriend used up all of the wood finish that comes with the LCD-2 to polish a table.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a product to use on the actual headphones?  

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #845 of 7,138
Quote:
Hi everyone,

It turns out that my girlfriend used up all of the wood finish that comes with the LCD-2 to polish a table.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a product to use on the actual headphones?  

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-FW0016-Feed-N-Wax-Conditioner-16-Ounces/dp/B001BKQYGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328339510&sr=8-1

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #846 of 7,138
eek.gif
...and she's still your girlfriend?! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #849 of 7,138
Can anyone recommend a good amplifier for the LCD2s?  I'm currently looking at the Lyr or possibly a Continental V2.  I currently own a littledot MKIII, which just isn't cutting it for the LCD-2s.  In a lot of cases, I prefer my macbook pro straight than to the LDMKIII & DacMagic.  That's scary.  I listen to a lot of rock, and also use the headset for gaming quite frequently.  I'd like to keep the amount under $600, but I can spend more if it's worth it though I feel pretty set on the Lyr from what I've read.  If I go with the Lyr, what tubes should I get stock?

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #850 of 7,138

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good amplifier for the LCD2s?  I'm currently looking at the Lyr or possibly a Continental V2.  I currently own a littledot MKIII, which just isn't cutting it for the LCD-2s.  In a lot of cases, I prefer my macbook pro straight than to the LDMKIII & DacMagic.  That's scary.  I listen to a lot of rock, and also use the headset for gaming quite frequently.  I'd like to keep the amount under $600, but I can spend more if it's worth it though I feel pretty set on the Lyr from what I've read.  If I go with the Lyr, what tubes should I get stock?

For under $600, the Lyr is one of the best choices out there for the LCD-2s.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #851 of 7,138

I also used to listen LCD-2 out of LD MKIII and found its sound quite enjoyable even for classical music, which is more demanding in terms of dynamics, frequency response, etc.. However I succumbed to general opinion, sold my LittleDot and ordered Lyr. We'll see how it compares :).

BTW I used Russian 6J1P-EV (6Ж1П-ЕВ) in my LittleDot, they have strong bass and good dynamics.
Quote:

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #852 of 7,138
For under 900$ I would say Audio GD c-2.1. Since it beats 900$ amps as in V200 and SPL Auditor and also preferr it over my GHP for the LCD-2. Not bad for a 350$ amp and it´s not short of features either.

It´s replaced by the C-2.2 with a beefier PSU.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #853 of 7,138
the C-2.1 looks interesting, but can you/anyone speak to how it would work with a pair of LCD-2's?  I have a friend who has a DacMini and I think it sounds much better than my LDMKIII

Quote:
For under 900$ I would say Audio GD c-2.1. Since it beats 900$ amps as in V200 and SPL Auditor and also preferr it over my GHP for the LCD-2. Not bad for a 350$ amp and it´s not short of features either.

It´s replaced by the C-2.2 with a beefier PSU.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #854 of 7,138
... i shouldn't read this forum any more, it makes me curious about the Q cables too... i don't wanna buy and spend more.. pity of me.

If i upgrade, can cause to failure of drivers or not? Min usd100 for 1m lenght of Q cable... which is 130 in sgd.. 
eek.gif
 I DON't WANNA READ ANYMORE!

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #855 of 7,138
I finally received my LCD-2 this week and have been enjoying them with the Dacmini all week. The headphones are phenomenal as I am sure you all know. One of the only headphones that sound good with any music and great with most. The mids and the lows are incredible and the highs are close to great.

I was worried about the weight and comfort of the headphones coming from the DT-880 and they are very heavy and have a strong clamping force. After listening to the LCD-2 and switching to the DT-880 it feels like you have a feather on your head. However, I can still easily wear them for over 2 hours and I am sure the clamping will loosen up.

Overall I ham very happy with the headphones and will be using them to listen to music, produce and watch movies. They pair very well with the Dacmini and I don't see any reason to upgrading this setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back