The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 17, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #572 of 7,138

Quote:
Rein Audio X-DAC + Meier Concerto for now. But Bifrost and possibly V200 or WA2 later, depending on how I find current equipment and my financial situation. Also considering a Lyr (with some tube swapping), but as such un-decided.

I liked the X dac with the LCD-2 (but that was with a Violectric amp)
I'm looking forward to your impressions

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #575 of 7,138
Only a mad man would place the LCD-2 like that. It imposes stress to the HP connections - and a hazrd that some might sit on them.

EDIT: All those fancy components are not hooked-up?

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #577 of 7,138
That's comforting to read! Any further detailed impressions? Would love to hear your impressions.

Also, with the picture above, I'm almost certain he just sat the LCD-2's there for picture purposes lol.

Quote:
I liked the X dac with the LCD-2 (but that was with a Violectric amp)
I'm looking forward to your impressions

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #578 of 7,138
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #579 of 7,138

Quote:
Quote:

The only thing that has left me wanting so far is the travel on the volume pot.  I reach a comfortable listening volume at 12 o'clock, so I'm concerned about headroom.  If the Zodiac put out a watt more it would have put a rest to my worries.

I hope you are trying the 0 impedance / high output option ...
Another sure way to upgrade the drive is add the voltikus power supply - that takes the dac and amp to another level - in terms of increased output and finesse ...

Zodiac and LCD2a are a great match ...

Enjoy!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #580 of 7,138
Only a mad man would place the LCD-2 like that. It imposes stress to the HP connections - and a hazrd that some might sit on them.

EDIT: All those fancy components are not hooked-up?

You beat me to it (well not the cable hook- up's). I took one look and thought arrghh! I just found the wood on my right channel connector side had cracked and I am hyper (and I mean.. HYPER) vigilant about how I handle and place my LCD's after and during use but still it cracked. I was faced with having it away from me for weeks on end and shipping costs for repair or God forbid, replacement (that was the biggest fear as I do not want Rev2's as I am very happy with the way my set sound) so I got some weldbond which is flexible when dry and dries clear and glued the crack and a put a dab around the connector as it was a little loose due to the crack. Then when dry sanded it with one of those three in one nail files with the ultra fine sanding grades whilst doing so I applied some of the supplied wood treatment so as to lubricate and hey presto! Can't even see the crack now!

One thing I think they could do to prevent this in future is not have the grain running down towards the connector but instead have it cross grain, mine cracked with the grain.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #582 of 7,138

Quote:
Rein Audio X-DAC + Meier Concerto for now. But Bifrost and possibly V200 or WA2 later, depending on how I find current equipment and my financial situation. Also considering a Lyr (with some tube swapping), but as such un-decided.

Try NFB10SE!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #585 of 7,138
Out of curiosity, do people still listen to the LCD-1

...Or am I the only person who still does?
[/quote

Until you posted that you had a set I thought no one owned them! I have never seen a comparison between the LCD1 and 2 could you give us a brief summation of your thoughts on the two please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back