The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 27, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #6,107 of 7,138
Hey guys I just tested the Burson Soloist SL today and quite like the sound signature of it with the Audeze LCD -2. What other SS amps would you recommend me ? I have decided to stay as off tubes as it may not be the best pairing with the LCD -2 and also would not pair well with the type of music I listen too.

Liquid Gold. :)

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #6,109 of 7,138
Speaking of the Liquid Gold, did you see Cavalli has them on sale for 3950? Still a HUGE chunk of change, but it's something like 30% off (maybe more, I don't remember what the msrp is)

Ya I saw, I don't think I will ever get Liquid Gold, but deciding between Zana Deux SE or Liquid Glass.
Probably ZDSE because IMO HD800 is way superior than Audezes. Just IMHO nothing more. :)

Clarification: I used to own the older HD800 (serial 1xxxx) and now new HD800 (26xxx, I think), two sounds different.
And the new HD800 sounds better IMO. (I used to hate the HD800 sound signature, but now love it).

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #6,115 of 7,138
The LCD-3 is the most mid-centric Audeze, but that comes at the expense of treble presence and soundstage.  No question, though--the LCD-3 has the lushest mids.

A very worthwhile trade off and without the need to mess with tubes.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #6,116 of 7,138
I thought this was an interesting quote from Tyll yesterday,
"The current production LCD-2 sounds different to me than previous versions--no comment review coming. 
I think the LCD-3 may be the most pleasurable $1000+ headphone...but it's because I can't afford the Stax 009 and HeadAmp Blue Hawaii."

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #6,117 of 7,138
  I thought this was an interesting quote from Tyll yesterday,
"The current production LCD-2 sounds different to me than previous versions--no comment review coming. 
I think the LCD-3 may be the most pleasurable $1000+ headphone...but it's because I can't afford the Stax 009 and HeadAmp Blue Hawaii."

At that point it's just personal preference, though. I've listened to the SR-009 and the Blue Hawaii. It's an absolutely amazing system and a testament to true ultra hi-fi, but if I had a choice I'd buy an LCD-X because it fits my preferences more than the SR-009/BH.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #6,119 of 7,138
Oh, I misread that first line, I thought he wasn't reviewing it and had no comment. I'll be really interested in what he has to say about it, I thought his LCD-2 review was fairly recent.

Where did that quote come from, Innerfidelity or one of his forum posts?

EDIT: Just found it. It seems he's got review samples of the LCD-X, LCD-3, and LCD-2 right now (different comment on the same article).

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #6,120 of 7,138
His original review was posted August of 2012.  I'm not sure which revision he had for that review.  I see angled connectors so must be LCD-2.2?  I guess the newer ones are LCD-2.3 but there are no visible differences?

It's on innerfidelity in the comments of his new AKG K812 review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back