The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #6,031 of 7,138
Some people have driven 300ohm cans out of those back plugs and liked it...but the LCD2 draws way more current.

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #6,033 of 7,138
Can you describe why your're not satisfied
it may help to find out :wink:

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #6,034 of 7,138
initial impressions

They don't sound dark to me. Sure the region where snare drums and reverb are sounds a bit lacking(emphasis on "a bit", as in, not that much). But everything sounds pretty good. They sound extremely neutral to me, or rather, i know what people mean by natural. But then again, i find the hd800 to be bright. The bass is spot on. I've heard decent subwoofers and i feel that most open headphones are actually bass light. Vocals and mids are amazing as everybody else has said.

Also on my order comments, (i ordered straight from audeze) i wrote "now if i can just order audeze tshirts, my life will be complete" since i legitimately wanted to buy one and had no idea where to find it despite knowing that audeze already had a tshirt design contest. Anyways, when i opened the apocalypse-proof case, guess what i found... an audeze tshirt! Though it was two whole sizes over my size (they sent xl), it just completely made my day. Does anybody know where you can actually buy them? I'd definitely love to have one in medium!

the tshirt looks like this except it doesnt have anything on the back and doesnt glow in the dark. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #6,035 of 7,138
  initial impressions

They don't sound dark to me. Sure the region where snare drums and reverb are sounds a bit lacking(emphasis on "a bit", as in, not that much). But everything sounds pretty good. They sound extremely neutral to me. But then again, i find the hd800 to be bright. The bass is spot on. I've heard decent subwoofers and i feel that most open headphones are actually bass light. Vocals and mids are amazing as everybody else has said.

Also on my order comments, (i ordered straight from audeze) i wrote "now if i can just order audeze tshirts, my life will be complete" since i legitimately wanted to buy one and had no idea where to find it despite knowing that audeze already had a tshirt design contest. Anyways, when i opened the apocalypse-proof case, guess what i found... an audeze tshirt! Though it was two whole sizes over my size (they sent xl), it just completely made my day. Does anybody know where you can actually buy them? I'd definitely love to have one in medium!

the tshirt looks like this except it doesnt have anything on the back and doesnt glow in the dark.

When I got my LCD-3's there were some stickers included with the same logo as the t-shirt.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #6,037 of 7,138
An Audeze t-shirt would be pretty cool, I love the logo they use in the included stickers.

I agree that the LCD-2's don't sound dark, usually dark headphones sound dark because of a lack of detail or quality in the treble/upper midrange (IMO). This is often fixed in headphones with faster drivers like planars and electrostatics, you get all the details without the harshness. However, I did find that after I EQ'd the upper midrange dip out, there was a substantial difference and stock did sound "recessed" compared to the EQ-corrected LCD-2's especially in female vocals and falsetto male vocals.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #6,038 of 7,138
Honestly, I don't ever actually EQ the LCD2s lately. 

I am reverting back to listening 45 minute sessions maybe twice a week maximum...where I can enjoy the true volume of music.

I found that the thought of EQ came - only after more than an hour of headphone use - low volume or whatever.

My hearing is not the same as they once were and I find there is only a very limited time that I can enjoy music before physiological hearing protection kicks in and I need I brighter can.  I guess as I get older when that happens I should just stop the music altogether to protect my hearing.

I used to be able to listen for at least doubled that before the need to switch over. 
frown.gif

But I'm actually enjoying music better that way. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Obviously, I think about going over to the snobby side with via LCD3 or LCDX...at the moment I am leaning towards LCD3...I feel some recordings must not be leaner than they already are slightly - at the enthusiastic levels I enjoy so much.  By and large on fresh ears I don't have any real issue with the LCD2s even on lower volumes.  That slight dip at 3-4khz is a far less severe flaw than the HD800s faulty treble.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #6,039 of 7,138

Also on my order comments, (i ordered straight from audeze) i wrote "now if i can just order audeze tshirts, my life will be complete" since i legitimately wanted to buy one and had no idea where to find it despite knowing that audeze already had a tshirt design contest. Anyways, when i opened the apocalypse-proof case, guess what i found... an audeze tshirt! 

Just another example that the folks at Audez'e get it when it comes to customer service. I'm very happy to count myself among their many customers. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6,040 of 7,138

Amazing. I have only great things to say about their customer service (on the few occasions I've needed to use it), but I guess I forgot to ask for my t-shirt.

Maybe on my next order...

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #6,041 of 7,138
Just ordered a used pair of LCD-2 Bamboo's. Pretty excited and pleasantly surprised looking at the Audeze website they're in Fountain Valley which is about 5 minutes from me, guess I could drop them off if anything goes wrong.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #6,042 of 7,138
  Just ordered a used pair of LCD-2 Bamboo's. Pretty excited and pleasantly surprised looking at the Audeze website they're in Fountain Valley which is about 5 minutes from me, guess I could drop them off if anything goes wrong.

You gonna drive over and pick 'em up, too? :D  

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #6,043 of 7,138

Congratulations, you will love these.  Don't forget to report back to this thread and let us know how you go.  Don't listen to the naysayers - the original LCD2 thread has all the right information...I'm happy to go over the science and research behind why, but I have done this so many times - I'd rather not.  Neverthless, enjoy! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #6,044 of 7,138
+1

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #6,045 of 7,138
Happy owner of Audeze LCD-2 since late January 2014.  Awesome sound.  Previous headphones were K701 so the difference in listening experience is amazing.  Unfortunately, not so happy since one of speakers died the other day and have to send them in for repair.  As a musician and audiophile, I have never had a speaker fail ever except original Infinity Column II woofers years ago, so this is quite disconcerting.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back