The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #5,416 of 7,138
Regardless, I can still easily see why some might like LCD-2 more than LCD-3.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #5,417 of 7,138
Wow, just reading back over the last ten pages or so of this thread, seems like everyone either has sold their pair or they have more of a negative view than positive. What has happened to the mighty LCD-2? Or are there just a lot of people in this thread who change their headphones like their underwear? 

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #5,418 of 7,138
  Wow, just reading back over the last ten pages or so of this thread, seems like everyone either has sold their pair or they have more of a negative view than positive. What has happened to the mighty LCD-2? Or are there just a lot of people in this thread who change their headphones like their underwear? 

Still have mine, still like mine.  though i pretty much enjoy all the phones in my sig so you can see i'm not too picky.

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #5,419 of 7,138
I like all the headphones that I still own.  The only one that has been removed is the Denon D600 which I assumed was broken since it sounded so bad and bass heavy but then found out that they all sound that way.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #5,421 of 7,138

I greatly enjoy my LCD-2s but at the same time I am aware of their weaknesses. For me, they are optimal headphones for some music genres. That's why I needed complementary headphones. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #5,422 of 7,138

Vastly preferred the MD (old, older, oldest one. All versions?) to the LCD-2, however it's still a fine headphone. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #5,423 of 7,138
I sold mine.
But that was due to weight and my neck not being what it used to be so wearing them have me migraines.
If I could have adored to have a $1000 rainy day/special occasion headphone laying around I'd have kept them.
Still sad about it

Have you ever heard the T1s by chance? Just wondering if you could comment on the weight of the LCDs vs the T1s since that's my frame of reference. 

I'm a big guy, former footballer and discus thrower, so I'm guessing the weight won't bother me, but sure seems to come up a lot in discussions. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #5,424 of 7,138
I can't compare sorry.
I think you would be fine.
I am quite lean (my sport doesn't require bulk so much as endurance) and I was fine with the weight until I hurt my neck.
I think anyone who has good posture and no pre existing neck issues would not have an issue with the weight.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #5,425 of 7,138

Have you ever heard the T1s by chance? Just wondering if you could comment on the weight of the LCDs vs the T1s since that's my frame of reference. 

I'm a big guy, former footballer and discus thrower, so I'm guessing the weight won't bother me, but sure seems to come up a lot in discussions. 

I have both the T1's and LCD-3's. The T1's are one of my most comfortable headphones and aren't heavy at all. The LCD-3's are certainly heavier but not in a way that makes them difficult for me to wear. Not as comfortable as the T1's, but not bad at all. Some folks seem to have a problem with the clamping force of the LCD-3's but with a little work and patience that can be taken care of too. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it......

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #5,426 of 7,138

I have both the T1's and LCD-3's. The T1's are one of my most comfortable headphones and aren't heavy at all. The LCD-3's are certainly heavier but not in a way that makes them difficult for me to wear. Not as comfortable as the T1's, but not bad at all. Some folks seem to have a problem with the clamping force of the LCD-3's but with a little work and patience that can be taken care of too. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it......

Okay, cool...thanks man. The T1s are my reference for comfort, as well. I could wear them all day. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #5,427 of 7,138

I have the LCD2 rev 2 bamboo/vegan and the T1. The LCD2 is heavier and noticeably so, while the T1 are my most comfortable pair among my 4-5 headphones. The LCD2 is not uncomfortable to me at all, I've never had trouble with that with a headphone. You'll be fine I'd assume, I'm a footballer (Aussie Rules) myself and so are a number of my mates who have never had trouble with the LCD2.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #5,428 of 7,138

I have the LCD2 rev 2 bamboo/vegan and the T1. The LCD2 is heavier and noticeably so, while the T1 are my most comfortable pair among my 4-5 headphones. The LCD2 is not uncomfortable to me at all, I've never had trouble with that with a headphone. You'll be fine I'd assume, I'm a footballer (Aussie Rules) myself and so are a number of my mates who have never had trouble with the LCD2.

I love how many Aussies are head-fi'ers...I've become addicted to your version of Big Brother this season, and I've always admired those beautiful Burson amps :)

Thanks for the feedback...I hope to give these a listen soon...been drooling over them for almost two years!

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5,429 of 7,138
  ...I've become addicted to your version of Big Brother this season,

Oh my god! Please don't judge us all by that, however much you may love it! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #5,430 of 7,138

Oh my god! Please don't judge us all by that, however much you may love it! 
biggrin.gif

Well, I love your television commercials too haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back