The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Dec 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #436 of 7,138
Indications: S/N 569xxx = Rev. 1 and S/N 531 = Rev. 2.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #439 of 7,138
Yes, pads are user replaceable. It's held on by an adhesive however IIRC, so I don't think you would be able to reuse it once it's off.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #440 of 7,138
Time to start punching some pads then.

I see you have both HD800 and LCD2; which do you find yourself listening to more and why?
Quote:
Yes, pads are user replaceable. It's held on by an adhesive however IIRC, so I don't think you would be able to reuse it once it's off.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #441 of 7,138

Quote:
Time to start punching some pads then.

I see you have both HD800 and LCD2; which do you find yourself listening to more and why?

I personally find myself listening to HD800 for longer hours just because it's an easier and "lighter" listening experience for the ears. Not to mention that it's much more comfortable. I switch between the two headphones each day however, and for certain genres like rock, rap etc, nothing beats the LCD-2 experience :)

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #442 of 7,138
GG, I have both as well on my main listening rig. They are completely complementary for me and get about equal head time. They have very similar amping requirements despite the different impedances. I find the LCD-2 to match up with a wider variety of music, but when I have a real stellar quality recording I usually reach for the HD800. The HD800 is more comfortable but it can also be more fatiguing with less than perfect recordings. I could easily live with just these two headphones if I had to, or either one in fact. If I am without either one for any length of time I will miss it. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #443 of 7,138
Hi GUys!

Merry Christmas to all Audeze's Fellows.... Cheers~

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #444 of 7,138
Yes they are. The replacement instructions will be mailed to you by Audeze upon request. :)

Quote:
Are the pads on the LCD-2s user replaceable? I've searched around a bit but I wasn't able to find an answer to this.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #447 of 7,138
If you mean the "Vegan" ear pads, I asked the same question in another thread. After waiting a judicious amount of time for a reply, and getting none, I called Audeze and spoke to Sankar. He told me that, so far, only about 20 pair were made, at his request, because he preferred a non-leather version. About 6 pair have been sold, not counting the pair I ordered 2 days ago. According to Sankar, feedback has been very positive. He tells me that the Vegan ear pads are more open sounding and reduce bass very slightly, but not measurably.

Quote:
Any impressions for the cloth versions yet?

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #449 of 7,138
The right driver went out on my LCD-2 purchased in May 2011 with the r1 driver. Audeze repaired the headphones this December. I don't know whether they replaced the driver or not or whether they replaced it with the r2 driver. They seem to sound better than before the failure although that may be due to the original driver being faulty from the start. I'm currently using the LCD-2 with the Burson HA-160D DAC/Amplifier. Not a whole lot of power, but the combination sounds nice. Input is from my Apple MacBook Pro USB. By the way, I have Grados and Sennheisers and have never had a driver go out. This seems like a very expensive headphone to have such a problem.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #450 of 7,138

Quote:
The right driver went out on my LCD-2 purchased in May 2011 with the r1 driver. Audeze repaired the headphones this December. I don't know whether they replaced the driver or not or whether they replaced it with the r2 driver. They seem to sound better than before the failure although that may be due to the original driver being faulty from the start. I'm currently using the LCD-2 with the Burson HA-160D DAC/Amplifier. Not a whole lot of power, but the combination sounds nice. Input is from my Apple MacBook Pro USB. By the way, I have Grados and Sennheisers and have never had a driver go out. This seems like a very expensive headphone to have such a problem.

And my buddy with a BMW M5 is in the shop every other month will issues.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back