The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #1,651 of 7,138
Of course, and if you declare $1000 then ouchies.  But those of us who cross borders know not to do that :p

May 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,653 of 7,138
Hmm. You know, maybe I'm odd, but I found the He-500 dry and bitey in general...And I've found my LCD-2 R2 bamboo to be fantastic with many kinds of music, including jazz and classical (my main genres)...

Kojaku

May 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #1,656 of 7,138
Just got my bamboo LCD2 tonight. MUCH MUCH MORE COmFORTABLE!!! OMG lol Compared to the wood Rev2 i had before, the weight is very noticeably reduced to non issue. And I am not sure if anyone have noticed, I believe Audeze have made the leather headband wider, the width at the center of the headband is exactly 5cm. Can someone with a non bamboo LCD2 leather headband measure the center of the headband where it is the widest, from my memory my previous pair's leather headband was narrower.

beyersmile.png
 much more enjoyable with the reduced weight and wider headband (if i am correct)! 
beyersmile.png

May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #1,657 of 7,138
Quote:
Just got my bamboo LCD2 tonight. MUCH MUCH MORE COmFORTABLE!!! OMG lol Compared to the wood Rev2 i had before, the weight is very noticeably reduced to non issue. And I am not sure if anyone have noticed, I believe Audeze have made the leather headband wider, the width at the center of the headband is exactly 5cm. Can someone with a non bamboo LCD2 leather headband measure the center of the headband where it is the widest, from my memory my previous pair's leather headband was narrower.

beyersmile.png
 much more enjoyable with the reduced weight and wider headband (if i am correct)! 
beyersmile.png

Yeah, i was gonna say. Everyone else with Rev. 2 (rosewood) seemed to have comfort issues...My Rev. 2 Bamboo are amazingly comfortable. Also, slightly more sparkly in the treble region...:)

Kojaku

May 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,658 of 7,138
Quote:

beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

My non-bamboo LCD-2 has a leather headband that also measures 5cm wide at the center.

May 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #1,659 of 7,138
Quote:

My non-bamboo LCD-2 has a leather headband that also measures 5cm wide at the center.

I see, maybe i am wrong then, thank you =)  

May 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #1,662 of 7,138
If there is a difference it's insignificant. I have rosewood and tried bamboo revision, it's still far from my k701 :)

Hm....I don't know about that. Bamboo's density is nearly half that of Rosewood....and it looks to me like the cups are the same size....

Kojaku

May 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,663 of 7,138
Quote:
Hm....I don't know about that. Bamboo's density is nearly half that of Rosewood....and it looks to me like the cups are the same size....
Kojaku

It is mentioned in this thread earlier, the bamboo is 514gram and rosewood is 540gram, not much but on the head 30grams can make a difference, well at least for me, there is a difference

May 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #1,664 of 7,138
Quote:

I mentioned in this thread earlier, the bamboo is 514gram and rosewood is 540gram, not much but on the head 30grams can make a difference, well at least for me, there is a differenceTh

The 2.1 (around 540) was heavier than the 2.2 (around 220 IIRC) and bamboo lighter still.

Anyhow, they are easy to weigh on kitchen scales.

May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #1,665 of 7,138
Quote:

I mentioned in this thread earlier, the bamboo is 514gram and rosewood is 540gram, not much but on the head 30grams can make a difference, well at least for me, there is a differenceTh

The 2.1 (around 540) was heavier than the wood 2.2 (around 520 IIRC), although for some reason I remember the difference between the two being 30 grams, so maybe the 2.1 was actually 550 grams.  This was attributable to the revised driver. The bamboo composite only shaves off a few grams

Anyhow, they are easy to weigh on kitchen scales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back