The ATH-CKS77.
Aug 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,306 of 1,518
The CKM500 are still pretty bassy. They should still be good for dubstep and stuff too. For a while i thought they were great for pretty much everything. My tatses have been changing and eventually i just wanted something truly neutral. At this point i dont want any more bass than what my GR01's have, especially for rock and metal. Im still holding onto my CKM500's though in case one day im in a more bass heavy mood. 
Quote:
Hmmm, well I guess I listen to the four most deversive genre for music huh? I'd say that I listen to more dubstep, d&b and hip-hop lately than anything else but can always keep my ksc75's in laptop bag if I want to listen to something heavier? Would that make the cks77 more worth it? I would also probably listen to the genres that sound the best more often on the headphones I get.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #1,308 of 1,518
AciD3X, the CKS77 sound best with EDM here. Even with the eq set for bass down and mids up, I find that rock / metal still sounds terrible. For example, Tool really does sound pretty bad no matter what I do. I think it has something to do with how sluggish and hard to blend the mids are. Without eq at all, rock and metal sound incredibly "rumbly". 

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,309 of 1,518
Quote:
The CKM500 are still pretty bassy. They should still be good for dubstep and stuff too. For a while i thought they were great for pretty much everything. My tatses have been changing and eventually i just wanted something truly neutral. At this point i dont want any more bass than what my GR01's have, especially for rock and metal. Im still holding onto my CKM500's though in case one day im in a more bass heavy mood. 

I ended up buying some GR07 MKII's. :D Soooo happy!

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #1,310 of 1,518
Wow CKS 77 really that good !!!
I am really hope I had the budget to buy CKS 77 but it is too exp for me
So I already bought CKS 55 but I am quite happy with it too
Does CKS 55 really not good ? Is it worth for me to upgrade to cks 77 if I got budget in future ?

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #1,311 of 1,518
Yes, But if you do have the CKS55. It will make them sound much better with the filter removed from the nozzle. I would try that. The lack of clarity on the CKS55 was bothersome for me. The CKS77 is on another tier of sound vs the CKS55.

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #1,314 of 1,518
hello. Very interested in a pair of these. Just wondering if these are suitable for working out in the gym (cardio/weight). And also how's the build quality.

Thank you :)

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,315 of 1,518
Hey what does the filter mod do for these CKS77s?
More Bass or Clarity?
Thanks

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,316 of 1,518
Quote:
Thanks for helping me
BTW how to remove the filter ? Is it danger to remove the filter ... hmmm any after-effect ?

Just take a sharp pin and poke a hole in the filter paper on the nozzle and just take it out. Gives you much clarity that was not there before this mod.
Quote:
hello. Very interested in a pair of these. Just wondering if these are suitable for working out in the gym (cardio/weight). And also how's the build quality.
Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes they are built strong however. They do have much microphonics. The ones I would suggest for gym use would be something cheap like a JVC FX101 sounds great but with nice bass on them for $15.. These are more for causal use. These are $100 earphones after all. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,318 of 1,518
I used to find these earphones almost unlistenable because of the amount of bass, but I did the mod and I am loving them. The bass is still massive but there is a clarity which wasn't there before. I still can't bellieve these are related to the glorious WS55, but the mod is such an upgrade, I'm so happy I did it.

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #1,319 of 1,518
Has anyone bought from ebay specifically a seller names artistic.life? they are selling them at a lower price (not massively lower) compared to others. just wondering what's the deal with that.

Can someone describe how to do the filter mod? thanks! :)

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #1,320 of 1,518
Quote:
I used to find these earphones almost unlistenable because of the amount of bass, but I did the mod and I am loving them. The bass is still massive but there is a clarity which wasn't there before. I still can't bellieve these are related to the glorious WS55, but the mod is such an upgrade, I'm so happy I did it.

Thanks for giving me an idea of what the ws55 sound like.  you just saved me a purchase (well re-stocking fee) lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back