The ATH-CKS77.
Aug 3, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #1,291 of 1,518
Would you say the FX101 are very comparable to these?
I have the JVCs and am considering getting the CKS77s also, but would it be much of a change? 
I find the bass very nice and manages to hit those low frequencies very nicely, especially on this song

Anyone got any other song choices such as this? love to hear what others are listening to as well!

Is it worth heading for something different like the CKM500 which i've heard has good sub bass too :)
What should I do?

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #1,294 of 1,518
Quote:
Those are good folks, it might take a bit longer but I am certain they will replace it. They are fair people=good people in dealing with them. It does seem the rejected pairs probably has zero burn in. I noticed I had to burn my pair in but got to the same sound as my original.

So. I'm very satisfied with the way they handled things.

Sadly, they didn't have the red version in stock. I could wait for them to get new ones, or I could opt for the black version instead. After a week I just went with the latter. I also chose to pay for faster shipping. They sent out a replacement right after I sent back my defective one. That was a nice surprise, I expected them to wait until they received my defective pair.

This morning, my replacement pair arrived. Another pleasant surprise there: it came in a nice little case (a zipper clamshell), rather than bubble wrap. So far, I haven't noticed anything wrong with these. In fact, I think they sound better than my previous pair. The mids and highs don't sound as muffled as I remember them.

I don't have a boxed pair to compare them with, so I won't ever be sure if they sound as good. But if they improve at all with burn-in, I'll be happy with them.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,296 of 1,518
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,298 of 1,518
Hey guys, I just purchased and rockboxed a Sansa Clip+ and properly EQd the CKS77. This makes a HUGE difference. The mids and highs are now properly represented and mixed and WOW I LOVE THESE EARBUDS. Powerful sound - a stark contrast to how I felt without them EQ'd. Bass is still kickin but wow, everything sounds amazing, and since it's semi 'flat' now, I don't have to adjust the EQ for different types of music. If you feel these don't sound balanced enough, EQ them properly before you get rid of them!!

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,299 of 1,518
Quote:
Hey guys, I just purchased and rockboxed a Sansa Clip+ and properly EQd the CKS77. This makes a HUGE difference. The mids and highs are now properly represented and mixed and WOW I LOVE THESE EARBUDS. Powerful sound - a stark contrast to how I felt without them EQ'd. Bass is still kickin but wow, everything sounds amazing, and since it's semi 'flat' now, I don't have to adjust the EQ for different types of music. If you feel these don't sound balanced enough, EQ them properly before you get rid of them!!

How many EQ bands do you have available with rockbox?

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,301 of 1,518
Just wanted to drop in, I've been a long time lurker here at Head-fi. I have been considering picking up a new set of headphones as I'm down to my last set of ksc75's (kramer mod). I bought six pair back when radio shack clearanced them for $5 a pair back in 2008 (last pair took a trip in the washing machine). While I like my Koss's a lot I think it's time to upgrade and the cks77 have grabbed my attention. I was just wondering if there are any other brands in the sub $100 price range I should also be looking out for? I listen to all sorts of music (metal, hip hop, edm, and rock mostly). I do appreciate big bass, but like to hear the rest of the spectrum as well. I'll mostly be listening with on my galaxy S3, I also have a gen2 iTouch, Sony Walkman 8gb, and Fiio e6 amp. I don't completely considered myself a audiophile but rather an enthusiast that appreciates quality around and hardware.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also I figure ordering from accessory jack is the way to go as I've done the whole eBay crap shoot too many times.

Thanks!

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,302 of 1,518
For me even the CKM500 has to much bass for rock and metal, the CKS77 has even more bass. If your main listening includes rock or metal you will probably find these to slow and heavy. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,303 of 1,518
What about the ckm500i? The mic would be nice but not crucial if it sacrifices sound quality. So the ckm77's aren't good for metal at all?

*edit - my budget can go a little higher I guess about $120 would be my limit if it's worth it.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,304 of 1,518
I would go CKM500 the Bass in the CKS77 is big. I listen to metal just fine on my CKS77 but the CKM500 is a better earphone for rock n metal. Less congested sounding.  I kinda like a beefy bottom end for rock anyways. The CKM500 is cheaper too. These are more for EDM n Hiphop which sound great on these.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #1,305 of 1,518
Hmmm, well I guess I listen to the four most deversive genre for music huh? I'd say that I listen to more dubstep, d&b and hip-hop lately than anything else but can always keep my ksc75's in laptop bag if I want to listen to something heavier? Would that make the cks77 more worth it? I would also probably listen to the genres that sound the best more often on the headphones I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back