The ATH-CKS77.
Jun 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #1,231 of 1,518
This thread has slowed down it happens to all threads. There are so many new earphones now that one thread just don't last as long. Especially ones that has the word solid bass in them. These are more for music lovers more so than anything audiophile. I enjoy them immensely myself.. These are one of a kind with how big the sound is. Even for AT..But there are new earphones that are out that got the attention of many. The CKM500 and the JVC FXD80 to name a few.

But just because the thread has slowed down don't let that stop you from enjoying these.

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,234 of 1,518
Hey DS (or anyone else from the community) do you know anyone on here who can repair/Re-wire headphones?  I (once again for like the 4th time) damaged my 77's (these things can really take a beating). There are two wires inside the headphone that are connected to the driver, one is red and the other is copper(ish) (I think). Long story short i pulled (not on purpose, I ran my foot over it by accident) the red wire out and there is no sound, However when i put the wire back to the spot it belongs the sound plays fine without any distortion at all.  Unfortunately I don't have the tools (nor the skills) to get the wire back where it belongs permanently.

Got a pair of fx1x on the way to use until I can afford another pair of these, or get them fixed.  Took my vibes out my drawer when theses went down and said "Okay okay how they hell were these my favorite headphones again...????" Lol  

Think you could recommend anyone on here to help?

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,235 of 1,518
You just need to solder those wires back on there it seems. I would call around your local PC repair shops. If you describe your issue I bet one of those guys will have the tools and know how to fix that.

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #1,238 of 1,518
I had someone recommend these to me for the CKS77s:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm%C2%A0

But I also happen to like Comply Foams, too.

I guess its just going to boil down to one's own personal preference
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,239 of 1,518
Jul 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #1,240 of 1,518
Hi guys. Sorry but i couldn't read all the theme. I would like to know how are ATH-CKS77 in comparison with brainwavz m3? 
I've triedd m3 and i like them very much for their structured and controlled sound. Wish to buy m3 but suddenly found very good articles about 77's.
Would be very appreciate for help.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #1,242 of 1,518
The CKS77 is an amazing bassy iem that will make anyone that loves bassy music love these iems. I would try them and there is a few on our for sale forums. Snap up a used one and save the cash. I don't have the hippos but I do have the same designed Xeport 5010. I would take my CKS77 over those with no hesitation. The Xeport has a lot of bass but I find them somewhat lacking in refinement and tightness of overall sound.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,244 of 1,518
Wondering if my ears are broken here, please help me :)  After owning my cks77's for maybe 2 months I broke them :frowning2:,  picked up a pair of jvcfx1x and I'm like...... WHERE ARE THE MIDS!!!!!  Not sure if it's just me but it sounds like 30% of my sound is gone from the song.  Is it just me? Did the 77's spoil my ears?  Thoughts please.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #1,245 of 1,518
Quote:
Wondering if my ears are broken here, please help me :)  After owning my cks77's for maybe 2 months I broke them :frowning2:,  picked up a pair of jvcfx1x and I'm like...... WHERE ARE THE MIDS!!!!!  Not sure if it's just me but it sounds like 30% of my sound is gone from the song.  Is it just me? Did the 77's spoil my ears?  Thoughts please.

Yes and no. The CKS77 is a superior earphone but those FX1X need a good 100 hours of burn in before they start to sound right. If you just got them they sound like junk out of box with recessed mids and highs. Burn them in and it will fix that issue nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back