The ATH-CKS77.
May 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,021 of 1,518
Quote:
To all the people using Sony Hybrid tips, TRY THE STOCK TIPS IF THEY CAN FIT IN YOUR EAR!!!!  When I got my 77's I just threw the stock tips in my tip bag w/o even trying them.  Today for some strange reason I was compelled to try them and...... OMG the difference is ridiculous.  The best way I could describe it is the Hybrids put the sound in your ear, but the stock tips put the sound in your HEAD!!  super crazy.   Of course YRMV

btw DS you seem experienced at this sort of thing, do you know where I could get a pair(s) of the stock tips that these come with?  Thanks.

I've got two pairs of tips, from my two pairs of headphones
biggrin.gif
.  I can send you a complete set if you'd like, of all the sizes included, unused, just PM me your address.  I'll get a bubble envelope and send them out to you.  I'm not using them at all, I prefer comply foamies, so someone may as well get use out of them.

May 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #1,024 of 1,518
My ebay factory 2nds just arrived. I am taking it to the gym with me now to test it out, will update later. 

May 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,025 of 1,518

First of all, I believe these are authentic. The eBay seller was very friendly and going out of their way to ensure that I have a good experience. I had asked them to include the medium tips and ship me the LTD version, which they did so. If they sell fakes, there is no way they can maintain such high seller rating on eBay.

Big thanks to Dsnuts for the recommendation, and giving me very helpful information via PM. I have to be honest and say that he gave me a fanboi vibe because he seems to say nothing but great things about these headphones, so I was taking his posts with a grain of salt :p. Well, my skepticism all went away after hearing these in person, its pretty much everything he claims them to be.The quality of the bass is almost as good as my XB500, which is just amazing for IEMs. 

The sound signature is magical, its not very analytical, but its just pure fun sounding. For whatever reason I just enjoy listening to my music with these more than with my other headphones. It's pure voodoo that they have such clear mids and highs yet comes with so much bass with my house and trance music. Nothing is muddy. I later listened to some Amy Winehouse's Frank album, which actually has more sub bass extension than a lot of trance songs, the sound stage of the vocals and instruments are very clear and fun sounding. 

May 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,026 of 1,518
CONGRATULATIONS!
That's the same pair I got from eBay.
They sound great, and they're PURDY too!
Enjoy!
BG

Quote:

First of all, I believe these are authentic. The eBay seller was very friendly and going out of their way to ensure that I have a good experience. I had asked them to include the medium tips and ship me the LTD version, which they did so. If they sell fakes, there is no way they can maintain such high seller rating on eBay.

Big thanks to Dsnuts for the recommendation, and giving me very helpful information via PM. I have to be honest and say that he gave me a fanboi vibe because he seems to say nothing but great things about these headphones, so I was taking his posts with a grain of salt :p. Well, my skepticism all went away after hearing these in person, its pretty much everything he claims them to be.The quality of the bass is almost as good as my XB500, which is just amazing for IEMs. 

The sound signature is magical, its not very analytical, but its just pure fun sounding. For whatever reason I just enjoy listening to my music with these more than with my other headphones. It's pure voodoo that they have such clear mids and highs yet comes with so much bass with my house and trance music. Nothing is muddy. I later listened to some Amy Winehouse's Frank album, which actually has more sub bass extension than a lot of trance songs, the sound stage of the vocals and instruments are very clear and fun sounding. 

May 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #1,027 of 1,518
I was looking for something with BOOMING bass, but quality, unlike these garbage iBeats i have... also, it has to have mic/volume controls for Android...DSNuts.... I ALMOST bought the new, highly regarded CKM500is but it sounds like the Bass i am looking for won't be there. I opted to buy the newly released (yesterday) CKS55is BRD (red). It was the only Solid Bass line of product that has the inline mic and Android control... it was about $10 less than the 500's... but I REALLY wanted the deep bass, and it sounds like i might not find it in the ckm500is. Have i chosen poorly?? HAHA... i'm by no means an audiophile... my best set of phones ive ever had were these lame ass iBeats, but love good sound. Be honest.. should I have steered clear of these and got your new love babies?? 
bigsmile_face.gif
 Thanks, bro!

May 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #1,028 of 1,518
The CKS55 are good you have to do one little mod however. Burn them in good and also you have to take the filter out on them otherwise the clarity and detail will be lacking for you. They are  similar to the CKS77 but not as refined. You could have taken a chance on one of these HK rejected ones that everyone is getting but you need one with mic so that was a good choice.

Trust me on taking the filter out on those. I know it seems kinda counter intuitive as these will be so new. But in this case since I own a CKS55. I know what they sound like before and after and I have to say after taking the filter out the sound improvements are completely worth it on those..So step 1) burn them in a good solid 50 hours and 2) Take the filter out of the nozzle out oh and don't worry about the bass being affected at all. You are gonna get the full on slam on them for sure.

Congrats SwiftW1nd. Enjoy them earphones.. On a similar note my new RED LTD pair is on a plane from China..Those are freaking awesome looking can't wait. I did ask the HK dealer for large tips for me and what you know, they are sending me large tips with mine. So that is a good thing to do with these guys. If any of you guys plan on ordering from them you can ask for different sized tips than medium and they will likely send it to you.. I have to admit. These folks are very friendly and want to resolve any issues and will ultimately refund you if you are not happy with your purchase.. To me what else can a seller on ebay do? So I give big props to Artistic.life.  Dealers of these crazy HK rejected CKS77s.

May 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,029 of 1,518
Quote:
I would like to thanks dsnuts for the recommendation of the cks77s
The description in the op and throughout the thread is pretty accurate. However these have got quite a lot of mid bass. I can't remember who, but someone said they were basshead earphones, and i agree.
Unfortunately the bass is a little too much for my liking, and thus have chosen to part with them.
If anyone is interested in my pair do drop me a pm, as i can't post in the sale forums just yet!
I've been lurking for a while on these forums, and bought quite a few earphones in my time.
I have to say the cks77, and the monoprice 8320s were a great buy indeed.
I now use the 8320s in the gym!

If you find the 8320s a little fragile for the gym, the cheapo Philips 3580 is a decent all-round phone. Small, secure and a great workout phone. I have both and they are sonically comparable in many ways, but the 3580s are perfect for the gym. YMMV...

My 77BRDs cleared Customs on Thursday night. New phones on Monday!

May 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #1,030 of 1,518
I just bought a red pair of these from the electronic market in Seoul. I managed to haggle the price down to 90 won, or about 76 bucks. Not a bad deal! They sound great so far!

Edit: I have been listening to these and everything said thus far has been spot on. They really nailed the whole bass integration piece, where the bass is big when it needs to be, but doesn't overpower everything else all the time. Anything that is very layered or has a lot of depth sounds great. I have been listening to Devin Townsend Project's Ghost album, and it sounds amazing since he signature sound is very layered. Stuff like Blue Man Group sounds awesome as well with the big sound stage.

May 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,031 of 1,518
Quote:
I just bought a red pair of these from the electronic market in Seoul. I managed to haggle the price down to 90 won, or about 76 bucks. Not a bad deal! They sound great so far!

Edit: I have been listening to these and everything said thus far has been spot on. They really nailed the whole bass integration piece, where the bass is big when it needs to be, but doesn't overpower everything else all the time. Anything that is very layered or has a lot of depth sounds great. I have been listening to Devin Townsend Project's Ghost album, and it sounds amazing since he signature sound is very layered. Stuff like Blue Man Group sounds awesome as well with the big sound stage.

Glad your enjoying them. It doesn't surprise that you found them in my native country. All of Asia is big on AT stuff.. Happy listening.

May 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #1,032 of 1,518
I currently have the ATH-M50, but I am looking to get the ATH-CKS77 for more portable use.

Just some questions -

How does the sound compare to the M50's? Are the mids recessed on the CKS77?

Is the cable on the CKS77 durable? Replaceable?

Finally, is the isolation of these good enough for use on noisy buses and trains? Any tips that will isolate well?

If anyone could answer even just one of these questions that would be great. I saw earlier in this thread that isolation on the CKS77 was good but not great so I didn't know if good meant that it was good enough for use on public transportation.

Thanks.

May 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,033 of 1,518
Quote:
I currently have the ATH-M50, but I am looking to get the ATH-CKS77 for more portable use.

Just some questions -

How does the sound compare to the M50's? Are the mids recessed on the CKS77?

Is the cable on the CKS77 durable? Replaceable?

Finally, is the isolation of these good enough for use on noisy buses and trains? Any tips that will isolate well?

If anyone could answer even just one of these questions that would be great. I saw earlier in this thread that isolation on the CKS77 was good but not great so I didn't know if good meant that it was good enough for use on public transportation.

Thanks.

These have nothing that is recessed at all. In fact coming from a person that owns the M50. You are gonna love how the mids are full on these. Almost forward even. I am certain you will like the sound from these CKS77s. The earphones are very durable but the cable is not replaceable. I wouldn't worry about how strong these are. These have no weakness in build or anything like that. Isolation is average not too great and not too good either. But with your music pumping the bass will drown out any annoying sound you will hear. Plus walking around in public you don't want to be too isolated..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back